coffee+monster pt.2

hello my slightly [or very] crazy readers! i managed to update during my exams! yay!

so, a lot of people wanted the date to coffee+monster pt.1 so here it is!

i wrote this on a stretch of 7 hours, not even gonna lie. i started at 1 am and finished it at 8 am [yes, i pulled an all-nighter]. i obviously didn't write continuously but still.

btw, this is probably one of the best i've written, and me, ms. self deprecation, is saying that :)

disclaimer - i'm pretty sure rick isn't overrun with acne right now. i am. so we are not the same person. i own nothing.

enjoy reading!

[][][][][][]

Third Person P.O.V

Percy sat on his bed, his phone in his sweaty hands. The screen was open to the texting thread between him and Annabeth. He had sent her the chemistry notes a few minutes ago, and he really wanted to ask her out, but his anxiety kicked in again. He could see that she was still online, and his fingers ghosted over the keyboard, trying so hard to type the words that he so desperately wanted to ask, but something stopped him.

A flurry of worried thoughts ran through Percy's head, 'What if she said that she would go out with me just to be nice? What if she never talks to me again? What if I just embarrassed myself in front of Annabeth? '

Suddenly, his phone vibrated, indicating that someone had texted him.

[A is Annabeth and P is Percy because apparently some people don't have common sense]

A - so, as ur obviously not gonna ask me, for reasons unknown, i will.

A - do u want to go out for pizza tomorrow if ur free?

P - yeah sure. i kinda have social anxiety, so i was scared...

A - no problem

P - should i pick u up or...?

A - well, that was a big step, but sure!

Percy smiled. There were butterflies in his stomach.

A - here's my address - [insert random address 'coz i have no idea]

P - cool. i'll pick you up at 12?

A - okay, see you then. bye!

P - bye

As Percy put down his phone, an uncontrollable grin spread across his face. He couldn't wait for the next day. Little did he know, a few miles away, the same thing was happening to Annabeth.

Time Skip [The next day]

Percy pulled up the sleeves of his hoodie and ran a hand through his perpetually messy hair. It just wouldn't get tamed. 

He glanced at the time on his watch -- it was 11.30. He had to leave soon to go pick up Annabeth. 

Percy walked out of his room and grabbed his car keys. He was about to leave when his mom called out, "Percy! Where are you going?"

"Oh, I'm uh..." Percy blushed. "I'm going to get pizza with...a friend."

Sally smirked, "Is it a girl?"

"Maybe?"

"Oooh, so it's date."