Fantasy/Magic/Yandere/Dark AU: Mage/Yandere Janus x Reader x Roman: Pt 1

Start from the beginning

with a snap branches a mental began twisting around you, creating a dome-like cage, scaring Patton as he soft cried, Virgil turning into a bat, yet no success getting through, and Logan glaring harder, not bothering to waste his magical willpower on this, as he knew he'd certainly need it later

"well, let's see what we've got here..." the Mage spoke, standing as he walked gracefully down the steps, almost entrancing. you locked eyes with his luminecent yellow one, noticing how his smirk grew as well.

"what are you here?" the Mage asked, walking without a care in the world around and around the dome, scaring Patton even more as Logan stood more rigid and Virgil hung to the ceiling like a bat, glaring down at Janus.

"we are here to retreive Roman." Logan said sharply, as Janus chuckled a little, walking a little closer.

"and why would I let you do that?" he asked, his gloved hands touching the cage lightly.

"because, we've come prepared with a deal." Logan said, his brow still knit. you saw the Mage perk up a little bit, his back turned as his hood finally dropped.

"is that so?" he said, turning as you tried to hold in a gasp, seeing his face, how his eyes pierced you to the soul, if you weren't creeped out before, you definatly were now. Janus just smiled at your face, before turning back to Logan, who's face was becoming hot with anger.

"Yes, I do not partake in trickery, unlike you. Janus." Logan said, like Janus' name was a curse, yet Janus just smirked. staring at each member of the party before speaking.

"I have a deal for you, one of your party members gets to play against me in a little game, if you win, you get Roman and the party member back, but if I win, I get to keep the party member here, along with Roman, and you... shall have certainly marks to remember this by." Janus smirked walking over.

"what do you say?" Janus smiled, staring around as Virgil glared, jumping down and landing on the ground, shuting Logan's mouth and hissing out a loud "NO." Janus just laughed a little at that,

"why do you say that, Dracula?" Janus mocked as Virgil clentched his fists.

"No, there is no guantee that we'll get Roman back." Virgil hissed out, and Janus tapped his chin, mockingly. before smiling.

"very well, I have one other deal in mind." Janus said, leaning in close to the cage, Logan now glowing with dark blue Magic. but Janus just smirked. walking a little closer.

"if I give Roman I get to choose one party member of my own choosing to play against in my game." Janus smirked, eyes scanning the cage, before a soft voice agreed.

"okay... its okay guys..." Pattons soft voice called out, his deer-ears tucked back against his head, as he looked up, tear stains down his face, Logan and Virgil exchanged a look, before glancing at you and nodding.

"Excellent." his voice hissed, the territory immediatly changing. Patton tensing as he knew he was the one Janus would choose, until Janus voice called out something.

"y/n, are you ready to play?" He asked, staring down at you while you stared back, heart beat racing as you moved your terrified hand to take his. this is for Roman.

"yes." you replied, your hand in his as you both floated down to the ground, his hand moved now to grip your wrist.

"here's how it's going to work. You run, I chase, if I catch you before you reach that line, I win." Janus said, a line appearing in the distance. while a wide smile spread across his face, however Virgil's screaming interupting him .

"Beware Y/n... This isn't going to be easy, but you have to keep moving." Virgil warned before turning to Janus, a snarl in his throat, as he spoke these words to the Mage,

"where is Roman, we want him here first!" Virgil demanded as Janus laughed a little, motioning a little as Roman stumbled forward, still in a trance.

"Roman, Roman please, come back to me." you cried a little, your hands brushing over his emotionless face before Janus growled a little, snapping and the prince appearing infront of him. with a swift motion Janus brought forth a small yet sharp Magical gemstone, smiling before he rammed it right into Roman's stomach.

Patton screamed and Logan snapped, Roman now appearing within their grasp and working hard on the magic to reverse the curse Janus had just set, and to keep Roman alive. Janus whisked the gemstone away, before turning to you.

"are you ready?" he asked in a slight hiss, an amused smirk on his face. you took a deep breath, trying not to think of Roman, before you turned, facing the Mage himself.

"Yes." you replied. before running, you didn't get far as a glittering golden powder surrounded you, you coughing as you inhaled some, soon falling down, as the world got wobbly, then... the nightmares started. it was your sibling, the wolves coming closer, their screams for help... for you.

tears streamed down your cheeks as you tried to call out for help.

"Y/n, you need to keep moving, I know its awful but you have to go!" Virgil screamed.

"Keep going, y/n!" Patton screamed,

"I can't" you said, trying to reach into the fear, trying to save them, everything else lost in your mind. you didn't register the slow footsteps behind you until you felt yourself being grabbed, and yanked upright and right against a tall, broad chest.

you couldn't think til a finger tilted your chin upwards, all that was visible amoung the now cloudy gray, where the nightmares once were, was a yellow eye and the words.

"I win."

Thank you so much for reading and I really really hope you liked it. I haven't felt this inspired to write in a long time. I really just loved the concept, please let me know what you think of it, only if you want though... as always Requests are open, I am currently doing some now that should be out soon! as always please the artwork isn't mine so please give credit to the amazing artist! and Please remember you are loved and special!

Have a Fantastic day!

Ginger Bread~