10 - We All Feel Sorry For You.

Hoseok was in the market when he saw Taehyung and Kookie doing some shopping. He felt annoyed at the way they were laughing and talking. He defiantly knew that Kookie posed a strong competition but there's nothing he could do about it. Taehyung and Kookie seemed to be inseparable.

Hoseok followed them a bit, not intentionally of course, he was just going in the same direction. He watched Taehyung and Kookie basically shopping like a married couple. Then they were met with the village doctor. The doctor greeted Kookie like an old friend. Out of curiosity, Hoseok inched a little so that he could hear their conversation.

"-Any more headaches, Kookie?" the doctor asked with a smile.

"I still get them Doctor but they are kind of mild ones now." Kookie replied.

"That's good, I suppose. You're coming next week right?"

"Yes Doctor."

"Ok then, see you later."

With that, the doctor went his own way. Hoseok couldn't help but become curious regarding what that was about. He was very interested to know whether there's something wrong with Kookie.

_____________________________________

Hoseok went to see the doctor to get medicine for a simple cold. It was not severe enough to get to need any medications but he needed an excuse to see the doctor.

"Well, it's just a mild cold, I'll give you a simple drug which should be able to fix that." The doctor said as he scribbled down something on a paper.

"Thank you doctor. I know this thing must be nothing with the cases you get. I'm sorry to have bothered you like that." Hoseok started the conversation exactly like he planned.

"Don't say like that. Every illness is important to the person who's sick."

"But there are some with conditions, like Kookie, my cold can be dismissed like nothing compared to that." Hoseok gave a knowing smile to the doctor.

"Yeah, well, I suppose. Here's your prescription." The doctor said with a smile but his face looked a little confused.

"It's really fortunate that he have Taehyung and Namjoon to help him.
Is there anything we could do for Kookie doctor?" Hoseok successfully hid his nervousness and waited for a reply.

While the question sounded vague, there was a chance that it would not exactly match with whatever the situation was. In that case, Hoseok would be screwed.

"Sure, Taehyung is good person, it's good that he found Kookie. But I don't think we should be discussing about other people's conditions here, Hoseok." The doctor said little sternly and Hoseok suppressed a groan.

So Taehyung found him, is it? That makes sense cause Hoseok had been in this village for few years now and he had never known Kookie before.

"Oh that's ok. I know all about it. Me and Kookie are good friends. He teaches at the school now you know." Hoseok said with a reassuring smile.

"Ahh.. is that so? Anyway, your cold should be gone in two days with these." The doctor said dismissively and Hoseok got up from the chair.

Hoseok was disappointed that his plan failed but he can't directly ask from the doctor. As he turned to go, he thought to give it one more try.

"Well, I just wish there's something I could have done to help him, doctor. It's saddening to see him in a such difficult condition." Hoseok made his face look really sad as he said this and the doctor gave a nod at that.

"There's nothing we can do. No one can tell when he will get his memory back."

Hoseok successfully hid his reaction to this information as he bid his goodbyes to the doctor and went out of the room. He didn't stop until he was out of that place and sitting in side his car, he didn't even get his medicine.

Finaly he uncovered the secret of Kookie's condition. Poor guy has lost his memory. And Taehyung some how found him and now he's stuck with him.

Hoseok smiled to himself as he thought about ways to use this information to separate those two. He was so focused on his need and his live that he just didn't think about the other person.

____________________________________

Hoseok sought out Kookie the next day but pretended it was a coincidence when they met.

"Oh! Kookie.. I was hoping to see you today. Do you have a moment? I have something to talk with you."

Kookie looked bit confused but gave a tiny nod. Hoseok led them to an empty class room.

"Look Kookie, I don't want to have small talk with you so I'll come straight to the point. I don't know whether you are aware of my intentions regarding Taehyung or not but I like him and I want to ask him out."

Kookie felt the familiar jealousy and irritation in his heart at those words. Of course he knew that but why was this idiot telling him that?

"Why are you telling me this?" Kookie voiced his confusion.

"Because you are always standing in our way."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh come on Kookie.. you do realize that Taehyung is looking after you out of the goodness of his heart right? You shouldn't have taken advantage of it like this. Let him live his life."

"W-what? I'm n-not-"

"You are someone who doesn't even have a clue about your own life. Don't you think he deserves someone better? It's one thing to have someone with past baggage but you don't even know the ones you have."

Hoseok's voice sounded bit angry now and Kookie felt his heart break at those words. Hoseok had managed to hit on his weakest point as that's what has been bothering Kookie the most. Moreover, Hoseok seemed to know about his secret which surprised Kookie.

"H-how?"

"Taehyung told me all about you. I'm sure the poor guy feels frustrated with this situation but he can't kick you out now. You practically don't have anywhere to go." Hoseok downright lied and he could see the emotions change in Kookie's face.

Hoseok let Kookie feel the misery and betrayal for few seconds before speaking up. The more shaken up the other's heart is, the more easier it is to manipulate him. Hoseok walked over and put a hand on Kookie's shoulder.

"Look, I know none of this is your fault and we all feel sorry for you, specially Taehyung. He's a good guy and you should not be holding him back like this. Let him live his life. That's how you should repay for saving you."

Kookie felt tears gathering in his eyes and quickly wiped them off because he didn't want to seem weak to the other. He knows his situation is rather pitiful but still it hurt when Hoseok said they all feel sorry for him. He calmed his scared heart and looked at Hoseok.

What Hoseok telling must be true if Taehyung talked about Kookie's situation with him. Kookie knows he's forever in Taehyung's debt and would do anything to pay him for that.

"I'm sorry, Hoseok. What should I do now?" Kookie asked in a broken voice and Hoseok internally smirked.

It is definitely too easy to manipulate the other. Now he just needed to create distance between them now.

"Just don't attach yourself to him all the time Kookie. Give him some space to breathe, you know." Hoseok said in a seemingly kind voice and Kookie vigorously nod his head.

"Thank you Kookie. You're a good guy." Hoseok said with a smile, making Kookie smile a bit too.

Hoseok left after that but Kookie was I  the room some more, just thinking.

Yes, he liked Taehyung very much but in his heart, he always wondered whether it's not fair for Taehyung to lead him on like that. And if someone else is going to give Taehyung a better relationship, Kookie will not stand in the way of his happiness.

He knows he will be miserable watching the one he like with someone else but if that's what's best for Taehyung, Kookie can do that.

He will do anything for Taehyung.