14 - Shall We Give It A Chance?

Taehyung was smiling to himself as he wrote some notes on the board. He couldn't get his mind out of the adorable way Kookie said bye to him at school. They had made plans to meet for lunch.

It's something that they have always done except for the last few days but today, it felt anew. As if it's almost as a date. Taehyung felt his cheeks hurting from smiling so much now. And apparently, the rest of the the class had noticed it too.

"You're smiling to yourself awfully lot today, Mr Kim." One of the girls said with a mischievous smile. "Did something good happened?"

"Well, I suppose you could say that." Taehyung said in an equally mischievous tone as he gave a playful wink to the class.

"Oh.. tell us more, Mr Kim!" Almost all of the class started to shout and Taehyung raised a hand to quiet them down.

"Now now, it's not appropriate to share with the class, kids." Taehyung said in a teasing voice, making the class shout even more.

"Aww... I'm jealous.. I wish I could experience happiness in my love life too. But Mr Kookie doesn't even spare me a glance." One of the students, Miso, said with a pout and all her friends sighed with her.

Taehyung felt a tiniest bit of annoyance over the girl's persistence. He knows for a fact that Miso, infact gives a love letter to Kookie every single day.

"Well, that there is a waste of time for you, Miso. Let's just say that Mr Kookie... well, he has a significant other so there's really no chance of him accepting your affection." Taehyung said with an emotionless voice.

"B-but Mr Kookie didn't say anything like that." Miso looked close to tears, so did almost every other girl in class too.

"I'm sure he just found it's something not appropriate to share with the class too." Taehyung said with a shrug.

They went back to the lesson but the class was not in a mood to concentrate after that. Taehyung felt bit upset at his students' sad faces but still, it's better that way.

______________________________________

Taehyung was in his office room when the lunch bell rang. After about 5 minutes, a soft knock was heard from his door before it slowly opened.

Kookie poked his slightly flustered face before walking in. He looked so nervous and even though Taehyung was nervous too, he was just better at hiding it.

"H-hi." Kookie stuttered with a shy smile.

"Hey, you here for lunch?" Taehyung asked as he got up from his seat and Kookie gave a nod in response.

"Let's go then." Taehyung walked towards the other man and stopped near him.

"Shall we go then?" Taehyung asked again and Kookie gave him a slightly confused look.

Taehyung gently laughed as he realized that the other has not yet understood the situation properly. He leaned closer to Kookie and heard a little gasp leave Kookie's mouth.

"You need to step away from the door so that I can open it Kookie." Taehyung whispered in a soft voice and Kookie immediately turned around to check where he was standing.

And surely enough, he was standing right infront of the door, blocking it from being opened. Kookie quickly stepped a little to the side and Taehyung gave a little chuckle before reaching forward and opening the door.

"Come." Taehyung said as he walked out and Kookie followed him quietly.

They got their food and went to the staff dining room. There was a familiar silence around them as they had their lunch, occasionally broken by random questions about school.