22 - He's My Boyfriend.

The car ride back was silent. Kookie just kept looking out of the window, lost in thoughts. While he knows that his memory is not at all reliable, given that he's only getting bits and pieces at times, he can't help but feel happy at knowing that he and Chim were somewhat not in a good standing.

He loves Taehyung and really wanted to spend his life with him but Chim has always been a nagging factor in his mind. He didn't want to be a cheater and the thought that he might have a lover, waiting for his return, always bothered him. He's very relieved to know the possibility of that might not being the case.

Taehyung kept on stealing glances at the other but didn't say anything, letting Kookie deal with things in his own time. He couldn't deny the fact he also felt relieved with Kookie's latest memory.

They were passing the town when Kookie suddenly spoke up.

"Can we go drink something? I'm thirsty." Kookie said in an urgent tone and Taehyung gave a nod and he wordlessly turned towards a small café.

As he got down from the car, Kookie realized that it's the same cafe that he and Taehyung once came, the one with the flirting waitress. Taehyung opened the door and went in, Kookie closely following. As he walked towards the counter, Kookie noticed that it's the same girl this time too.

"Oh! Hi Taehyung, I didn't see you for a long time. How are you?" The girl said in a flirtatious voice and Kookie internally scoffed at that.

"Hi Jenny, I'm good. I'll have a strawberry milkshake and a Banana-" Taehyung looked back quickly and Kookie nod his head. "-and a Banana milkshake." Taehyung quickly turned back and completed the order.

Jenny gave a surprised look to Kookie, from head to toe actually, as if she hadn't seen him standing beside Taehyung all this time.

"Oh... your friend is here too..." Jenny's voice lost a little liveliness and eyes looked bit icy too.

"Boyfriend..." Kookie mumbled but the girl didn't hear it as it was too quiet.

"Excuse me?"

"Boyfriend." Kookie said bit loudly this time. "I'm his Boyfriend."

Jenny looked at Taehyung with wide eyes and open mouth, as if silently asking Taehyung to contradict what the other said. But Taehyung only had eyes for Kookie, at whom he looked with an amused smile.

"Why don't you go and sit, baby. I'll be there in a minute. Do you need something to eat?" Taehyung asked in a soft voice and Kookie shook his head.

Taehyung was looking at the retreating figure for few seconds before turning back to the girl.

"That's all jenny. How much is it?" Taehyung asked with a polite smile, clearly aware of the girl's less than happy expression.

After paying for their drinks, Taehyung walked towards the table that Kookie was sitting. Kookie had a slightly shy look as he raised his eyes to look at the man who just sat down.

"So, Boyfriend huh..?" Taehyung asked with a soft smile, and Kookie immediately looked down with a sort of ashamed look.

"I-I'm s-sorry. It's just that she was f-flirting with you." Kookie said in a soft voice, still looking at this lap.

"Hey.." Taehyung gently called him and waited till Kookie looked up at him. "I really should have asked this lot sooner but guess I was just waiting for the right moment. Kookie, will you be my Boyfriend?"

Kookie's face broke in to a huge smile as he feverishly nod his head, making Taehyung laugh a bit at that adorable reaction.

"Thank you." Taehyung said once he stopped laughing and was happy to see the familiar blush making an appearance on Kookie's face.

Another waiter came with their drinks and Kookie took his one with a big smile. Guess he showed that girl her place.

After finishing their drinks, they got on to the car to go home. Kookie was really happy with what happened in the cafe. So happy that he couldn't stop himself when he reached over and lightly touched Taehyung's hand.

Taehyung immediately interlocked his fingers with Kookie's and pulled it up to his mouth and planted a soft kiss. Kookie gave a shy smile and pulled the intertwined hands to his own lips and replicated the action.

He gave small kisses to each of Taehyung's long fingers and to back of his hand too. Taehyung chuckled a bit at this open from of affection as Kookie was normally little shy of them.

Kookie detached Taehyung's hand from his own and placed it on his cheek and Taehyung gently caressed it  with his thumb. Taehyung's thumb gradually slid lower on Kookie's face, finally stopping on Kookie's lips.

Taehyung slowly ran his thumb over Kookie's lips and Kookie felt a shiver go down his spine at the touch. He closed his eyes to feel it more and subconsciously parted his lips a bit and took the finger in to his mouth.

Taehyung had his eyes focused in the road so he didn't see when Kookie closed his eyes but he sure felt when Kookie's warm and wet tongue danced around his thumb as he sucked on it.

To say that Taehyung was surprised is an understatement. Normally Kookie is the shy one so he doesn't initiate any soft of physical affection. Hell, he even shy away from those things when Taehyung starts something.

Taehyung felt an excitement when he saw Kookie getting a comfortable and bit bolder in their relationship like this. He let the other do whatever he likes, without saying anything as he didn't want to spook him.

After some time, Kookie released Taehyung's thumb from his mouth with a soft 'pop'. He took Taehyung's hand in to his own again and kept them laying over his thigh for the rest of the ride. And poor Taehyung was left to drive with one hand, not that he minded it anyway.

Kookie let go once they reached home and they both got out of the car. As Kookie was walking towards the house, Taehyung ran to him from around the car and pulled him in to an tight back hug.

"Did you really think you would get to walk away after that little tease..?" Taehyung softly growled in to Kookie's ears and felt the other stiffened in his arms.

Taehyung then released Kookie from his hold, only to grab his hand tightly and pull him towards the house. He pulled Kookie inside, closed the door and gently pinned Kookie on to the door.

Kookie's face was already a bright pink colour and he looked to the side to avoid having eye contact with Taehyung.

"Oh... why are you being shy now, baby?? You were so brave when you tried to distract me in the car? Hmm.." Taehyung whispered again as he bent down to place soft kisses on to Kookie's neck and jaw.

But just as he was about to kiss Kookie's lips, the sound of someone clearing their throat loudly broke the two lovers apart. Taehyung spun around in surprise, to see Jin and Namjoon in the living room.

Namjoon was sitting on the sofa, smiling softly but Jin had a huge grin on his face. He was enjoying this way too much.

"Oh my my!! We should really pre-inform out visits, Joonie. Things are getting hotter in this house hold." Jin said with a mock seriousness as he used his hand to fan himself.

Taehyung groaned internally as he looked at his brother-in-law in dismay. Jin was really the king of bad timing. He turned to look at Kookie again who seemed to have shrunk in to the door and was now looking at Taehyung with wide, worried eyes.

Taehyung gave a reassuring smile and a soft peck to the other, in an attempt make him less worried. He took Kookie's hand and guided him to the sofa, silently cautioning Jin to behave himself. He made Kookie sit on the sofa and took a seat next to him and looked at his brother-in-law with a questioning look.

"What are you doing here, hyung?"