33 - Wherever You Are Ready.

Once the nurse was done with her work and went out of the room, the Kims and Hoseok gathered near Kookie's bed. After explaining what happened and many 'thank you's, Hoseok left, giving the family some privacy.

Taehyung seemed a little reluctant to come close to Kookie or to speak and Jin, who had clearly noticed it, starts the conversation.

"How are you, Kookie?" Jin asked in a gentle tone and Kookie flashed a smile at that.

"I'm.... ok, I guess. I'm not hurt in anyway, so there's that. I.... uhhh.... I got my memories back." Kookie said as he glanced at Taehyung for a second.

"We figured." Namjoon was the one who spoke up this time. "How? What happened?"

"The same way I lost them, I suppose. I... uhhh... was hit by a car when walking on a bridge and fell in to water."

"Where?"

Kookie mentioned the place and Namjoon gave a nod at that. It was about 10 miles up on the river that they found Kookie.

"Guess I should tell you about me." Kookie looked little nervous but at the same time, determined.

"Only if you're ready, Kookie. No need to rush. It can wait." Jin said as he softly ruffled the younger's hair.

"No it's fine, hyung. You guys deserve to know."

Kookie took a deep breath before starting his story.

"Well, my name in Jeon Jungkook. I'm 25 years old. I'm from Seoul. I'm a painter, a one good enough to make a handsome living out of it. I'm... uhhh... married."

Kookie paused to look at the two elder Kim's reactions. Jin's eyes got wide in shock while Namjoon quickly looked at his brother. Taehyung's face was impassive and Namjoon realized that Taehyung was already aware of this fact.

Kookie waited for about a minute before resuming his talk.

"I'm a landscape painter so I go all over the country and to beautiful locations to get inspiration for my painting. On that day morning also I was going to take few photos. Suddenly a car came towards me and hit me. The last thing I remember was falling over the bridge. And Taehyung of course fished me out of the river."

Kookie finished with a soft laugh, in an attempt to lighten up the mood. Jin and Namjoon gave a smile in return but Taehyung still didn't say or do anything.

"I was crossing the road yesterday when a car suddenly came and I don't know... maybe the lights or the sounds triggered the memory and that's all I know. I woke up here."

There was a silent that followed after this and it got thickened with each second, making it really uncomfortable.

"Tae..." Kookie said in a tentative voice and Taehyung finally looked at the man.

"I guess we should get going now." Jin said in a soft voice as he reached over and placed a soft kiss on Kookie's forehead.

Namjoon patted Taehyung's shoulder in a reassuring way and turned to go out of the room. They were almost out of the room when Jin turned back to look at Kookie.

"Kookie... do you remember the promise you made me?" Jin's voice had a hint of a sternness this time but Kookie just gave a smile in return.

"Yes, I remember hyung. My choice hasn't changed." Kookie said with a confident tone and Jin gave a nod before leaving the room.

Taehyung and Kookie stayed in silence for about ten minutes before Kookie spoke up.

"Can you come here, please...?" Kookie called the other with a pleading voice. He was actually scared of Taehyung's reaction. Or the lack of it.

Kookie waited till Taehyung was within the reach of his hand to grab him and pulled him on to his bed. Taehyung fell on to the bed with a little force and Kookie wrapped his hands around him immediately, hiding his face in Taehyung's shoulder.

"Can you tell me what you are thinking, hyung?" Kookie's voice came muffled with a hint of laughter.

"Hyung?!" That one word surprised Taehyung and he couldn't stop the amused laughter that escaped his lips.

The tensed atmosphere was lifted immediately as both of them laughed softly for a while.

"Thank God!" Kookie sighed in relief. "You scared me a bit earlier."

"Well, you scared me a lot earlier. Weren't you supposed to come home at 4.30 yesterday? Do you have any idea how scared I was all night?" Taehyung retorted with a huff and felt Kookie snuggling in to his embrace even more.

"I'm so sorry for scaring you, Tae"

"You're here now and safe. That's all that matters baby." Taehyung gave a soft kiss to Kookie's head.

They stayed in each other's embrace for few more minutes. Both didn't want to interrupt the moment they were having but also knew that they couldn't ignore the elephant in the room.

"Tae...?"

"Hmmm...?"

"Are you not going to ask me anything?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I know you'll tell me when you are ready."

"What if I say I'm ready now?"

Taehyung pulled out of the embrace to look at Kookie's face. He searched for the emotions in Kookie's face but all he saw was determination with maybe a hint of nervousness.

"I am not going to like this, am I?" Taehyung asked tentatively and Kookie sighed and nodded his head in agreement.

Taehyung thought for a while but there wasn't any way they could avoid this. Taehyung gave a sigh and moved to sit on the bed next to Kookie. He wrapped his arm around Kookie's shoulder and pulled him towards his body.

"Ok. Whenever you are ready baby."

There was a silent for about another five minutes and Taehyung waited patiently. He gently stroked Kookie's hair, while giving occasional kisses to his forehead for encouragement.

When Kookie finally spoke up, his voice was thick with emotions.

"I met Jimin when I was in high school and I fell in love at first sight. Well, at least that's what I thought at that time."