05 - A Kiss.

Taehyung and Kookie ended up walking till evening. They had lunch from a small restaurant before heading home. The two mostly talked about Taehyung cause Kookie of course didn't knew anything to say about himself.

Taehyung told about how his parents passed away when he was a teenager and how Namjoon is the one looked after him after that. Kookie learnt that Taehyung and Namjoon are not from here.

Namjoon had moved to this village when he got appointed as the headmaster of the school and settled down when he met Jin. Taehyung followed after few years as he missed his brother and didn't actually had anyone that he would be leaving behind.

He sold the house they got from their parents and he used his half of it to buy the house he's currently living in. Namjoon used his half of the money to open up a cafe which now Jin is operating.

Taehyung and Jungkook was talking and walking and didn't realize how late it has gotten or how cloudy the sky became. The unmistakable sound of thunder was what drew their attention to the sky.

"Shit! Look like it's about to rain pretty soon. We should hurry, we're nearly home." Taehyung muttered and both of them started to walk faster.

But they were not fast enough and suddenly the rain started to fall down heavily. Taehyung remembered that there a closed shop little ahead of the road. He had a mischievous smile as he looked back at the other man  before grabbing his hand.

"Run!"

If Kookie was surprised about it, he didn't show it as they both ran towards the shop, holding each other's hands tightly. Taehyung couldn't stop the laugh that came out of him and almost immediately, he heard Kookie laughing too.

They came to the shop but the hood cover of it was only about 2 feet wide. Taehyung saw how Kookie backed into the wall as much as he can but the rain and wind was too heavy so the raindrops were still falling on him.

Kookie struggled with the rain drops as they kept coming on to his face and tried to cover his face with his hands. Taehyung walked closer to him and stood in front of the other man, covering Kookie with his body.

Kookie's breath hitched as the other came and stood so close and looked up to see his face. They looked at eachother for few seconds before Kookie spoke up.

"Y-you d-don't have to do t-that. I don't mind getting wet." Kookie said in a soft voice, his cheeks already dusted with pink.

"I- uhh.. ok. Should we run home then? It's not far." Taehyung asked with a smile.

his eyes unvoluntarily shifted to Kookie's lips for a second before drifting back to his eyes. Kookie saw Taehyung looking at his lips and he looked away in shyness. His heart was beating so fast that Kookie thought he would probably faint here.

"Yeah, we should."

Taehyung gave a soft smile and turned around to get out of the cover and Kookie immediately grabbed Taehyung's hand with both his hands. Taehyung looked back as he felt the other clutching his hand but Kookie had his eyes focused to the ground.

Taehyung closed his fingers around Kookie's hand and they both started to run down the road again. The house was only about 2 minutes away but when they got there, they were fully drenched.

Taehyung went in and got two towels and he threw one to Kookie while drying his own hair from the other one. Taehyung looked as Kookie rubbed the towel messily on his hair. It didn't look like he was doing a good job though.

Taehyung threw his own towel towards a chair before gently taking the other's towel from his hand. Kookie stopped and let his own hands fall to the sides, letting the other do what he wants.

Taehyung gently started to dry Kookie's hair. His heart was beating so fast, but he didn't want to back out now. Kookie didn't show any resistance at all so maybe, he's allowed to do this.

Suddenly Kookie felt the splitting  pain in his head again but this time, he remembered seeing something as well as hearing. Someone, a man, was drying his hair just like Taehyung was doing right now.

He couldn't see what the man looked like cause his eyes were covered by the towel. The movements were very gentle.

'You are such a baby, Kookie..' the man said with a teasing laugh and Kookie realized that it's the same voice he had always been hearing.

But the next thing he remembered shocked Kookie so much that he took few steps back and stumbled against a chair. He steadied himself by grabbing on to the chair and looked up at Taehyung who was standing there with a surprised look in his eyes and a towel dangling in his hand.

"Kookie, what's wrong? Are you ok?" Taehyung voice was full of concern as he could clearly see the shocked and pained look in other's face.

"Y-yeah.. I'm f-fine. It's just that m-my head hurts.. I think I'm gonna go lay down a bit." Kookie walked backwards for few steps before turning around and walked in t his room.

Taehyung watched in surprise as Kookie practically ran to his room and closed the door shut. He couldn't understand what happened. He was sure Kookie was in to whatever that was happening, it wasn't like he forced him for anything.

He walked to his own room and changed his wet clothes. But then he realised that maybe Kookie got another memory and that's what made him upset. Not what Taehyung was doing.

That seems like a more probable explanation and Taehyung went out of his room as he wanted to see whether Kookie was ok.

Kookie on the other hand was close to having a panic attack. He was trying to calm his heartbeat and slow down his breathing. He got out of the wet cloths and put on new ones before laying down on the bed. That's when he heard a knock on this door.

"Kookie.. are you sure you're ok? Can I  come in?" Taehyung's concerned voice came from the other side.

"No!! I-I m-mean I'm fine Tae. Just t-tired and a headache. I'm gonna sleep for a bit." Kookie said in what he thought was a steady voice.

"Are you sure? Cause you don't sound fine."

"I'm fine Taehyung, I promise."

It was not at all convincing but Taehyung decided to give he other some space. It's not like he can kick open the door and demand the other to answer him. He doesn't have a right to do that.

Kookie heard Taehyung walking back and sighed in relief. Cause frankly, he was not ready to face Taehyung right now. That last part of the memory scared the hell out of him.

A memory of the familiar stranger kissing him. Full on his lips. And it was definitely not a friendly peck.

That was how someone would kiss their lover.