8 - I Hate Love Letters.

Kookie groaned and plopped on to a seat in Taehyung's office, making the other laugh a bit. Taehyung clearly knew what's wrong as this has been happening for few days now.

"How many did you get today?" Taehyung asked when he could finally stop laughing.

"14." Kookie said in dismay.

Taehyung thought for a second before speaking up again. "But isn't there only like 11 girls in that class?"

"Yes." Kookie muttered, making Taehyung laugh again.

Kookie has been working as the temporary arts teacher for about a week now. He was unofficially appointed as Namjoon can't possibly inform the ministry about it since he doesn't even know his name. But as the principle, he's allowed to get someone suitable till a new teacher is sent.

Kookie gets a half salary as a temporary teacher but he is more than happy with it. He really didn't like burdening Taehyung with all his expenses so he's happy to atleast pay something back.

As it happened, Kookie is very knowledgeable and talented in arts and children seem to like him very much. His class has become one the most enjoyable for the children as Kookie himself has a somewhat childlike persona.

However, he has been getting a different kind of affection too, in the form of love letters. He has been getting multiple love letters from students, practically with every class. He doesn't accept any of that, because that's wrong in so many ways but the students are persistent in giving them.

However, Kookie can't help counting them. Taehyung initially found it slightly irritating but it got funnier with each day. Kookie's annoyed reaction to it was hilarious.

Taehyung was checking books of his own class when he found a pink envelop inside. He picked it up and checked before suppressing a laugh.

"Fif-teeeen" Taehyung said in a sing-along voice, making Kookie look at him in surprise.

"Huh?"

"15, there's a one more letter for you, in one of my student's books."

Kookie groaned again. This was kind of getting out of hand. Taehyung felt the same as looked at the man with concern.

"Maybe you should tell them you have a girlfriend. Or a boyfriend-"

"I don't!!" Kookie snapped, making Taehyung startled. "I won't."

"You won't?"

Kookie didn't answer and just looked away. They both knew that they are no longer talking about an imaginary lover to be said as an excuse.

Before either of them could say anything, a knock was heard from the door before it was opened. A guy with a bright smiley face walked in.

"Oh! I didn't know you had company. I'm sorry to interrupt." The guy said with a uneasy look.

"Of course not, Hoseok. This is Kookie. Kookie, this is Jung Hoseok, our dance teacher." Taehyung introduced them and both men politely bowed their heads.

"Oh, the mysterious arts teacher!! I've heard about you. Heard you are exceptionally talented artist." Hoseok said as he sat on a chair.

"He definitely is." Taehyung said with a beaming smile while Kookie looked down in shyness.

Hoseok looked at endearing way Taehyung was looking at the other man and bit back a huff. Hoseok had liked Taehyung for sometime but never actually showed that yet. He didn't like the attention Taehyung is giving to the other at all.

"Oh well, it's not like Namjoon had any choice. At this point, he would have hired any body who knew how to hold a brush." Hoseok said with a smile but both Kookie and Taehyung clearly heard the subtle insult in it.

Kookie didn't say anything, although he felt little uneasy at the insult but Taehyung was not gonna let it go.

"While that might be true, Namjoon hyung really got lucky with Kookie. I mean I think he's even better than our previous teacher. You should come and see the paintings he did."

"Maybe I should. Just to see what all this buzz is about." Hoseok said with a slight smirk, making Taehyung more irritated.

He tried to say something else but Kookie quickly shook his head with a smile, indicating that it's ok. Taehyung looked at him for few seconds before calming himself.

"Why are you here, Hoseok?" Taehyung asked after few seconds and Hoseok raised an eyebrow at that.

"I'm here to talk about the talent show of course. Did you start the student selection?"

"No. Not yet. I was planning to start it from next Monday. How about you?"

"Same. Do you wanna do it together? Cause some kids might want to do both singing and dancing?" Hoseok's voice was controlled but Taehyung could sense an eagerness in it.

He thought about it for few seconds. It does make sense to do it together for kids who are trying both but majority of his kids only wants try singing. Taehyung didn't want to attach himself to Hoseok unnecessarily.

"But that's only a small number compared to the entire lot. It'll be inconvenient for us and students both. We should keep the selections separately and have a combined one for kids who wanna try both." Taehyung said after thinking for some time.

A look of disappointed flashed across Hoseok's face before he covered it with a smile.

"Whatever you think is best, Taehyung. I just thought I'll help you with some work because normally you get a lot of auditions." Hoseok said again with a smile this time.

"Oh don't worry, I can get Kookie to help, right Kookie?" Taehyung looked at Kookie at the last part and Kookie gave a confident nod.

"Of course, I'd love to." Kookie answered with a bright smile.

"But why would you want to bother him, Taehyung? We should be able to manage it ourselves. I'm sure he would prefer to go home than staying late nights and all since he's not part of this." Hoseok's voice was extra sweet, which made Kookie sort of nauseated.

Hoseok's obvious attempt to hit on Taehyung was clear as day light. And Kookie didn't like it at all.

"Actually I don't mind at all. I will help Taehyung and can go home with him too." Kookie chimed in to the conversation this time, as he was tired of others making assumptions about him.

"Oh, you live in the same direction?" Hoseok asked curiously this time.

"Uhh..." Kookie didn't know how to answer that cause he's not sure whether Taehyung will be comfortable with sharing this peace of information. "Well, I suppose you could say it like that too."

"He lives with me." Taehyung said in a confident tone, totally enjoying the shocked look on Hoseok's face. "So it's really no problem, Hoseok. But thanks for the offer."

Hoseok looked annoyed for few seconds before getting up from the seat.

"Well, if that's all, I should get going now. See you later Taehyung. Kookie." Hoseok left after giving a polite nod to them both.

Taehyung and Kookie looked at each other for few seconds before bursting out in laughter.

"Is he always like this?" Kookie asked in between laughing and Taehyung immediately sobered up a bit.

"No. I don't know what has happened to him suddenly." Taehyung answered in a genuinely confused way.

They both were silent a bit before Taehyung spoke up again.

"Listen, I know I sort of pushed you in to a spot with that but you don't have to do that if you don't want-" Taehyung was saying in a serious tone but Kookie cut him off.

"Tae.." Kookie's voice was stern but he had a smile on his face and Taehyung gave a smile in response.

"Alright. Thanks."

"Anytime."