18 - First Date, As Per My Memory.

Kookie was so excited today because he was going on his first official date. Well, probably not the first but since he doesn't have any memory of his past dates, this sure as hell felt like the first one. He was having butterflies in his stomach and jitteriness in whole body as he waited in his room till Taehyung called him.

It was Taehyung's idea to go for a date and Kookie agreed enthusiastically. Taehyung even bought him a new suit when they went shopping the other day and Kookie absolutely loved it. It was a denim pant and a plain white shirt and Kookie thought he looked really good in it.

He was admiring himself in the mirror when he heard a knock from the door.

"Kookie, are you ready to go?" Taehyung's soft voice came from the other side of the door.

Kookie took a deep breath to calm his nervousness and opened the door. Taehyung was standing outside with a soft smile and he was looking absolutely gorgeous with a plain black pant and a red full sleeved tshirt. He had a small flower bouquet in his hand which had clearly been made by himself.

"This is for you." Taehyung said in a soft voice as he handed over the flower bunch to Kookie.

"Uhhh..ok. Am I to bring this for the date?" Kookie asked in a confused voice and Taehyung seemed bit uncertain too.

"I'm not sure. Do you want to? Sorry I didn't think that far." Taehyung scratched the back of his head as he gave a nervous chuckle.

Kookie smiled a bit at that and came out of the room. He walked towards the kitchen and got a bit glass out of the cupboard. He filled it with water and put the flowers in it.

"There we go." Kookie said cheerfully as he placed the flower glass on the dining table.

Taehyung was standing under the door frame and was watching everything with a smile. He knows that it's ridiculously way too early but he couldn't help but thinking that this scene would be something he might see more if he and Kookie were married.

"S-shall we go?" Kookie asked in a soft voice, making Taehyung come out of his fantasy.

"Yeah, let's go." Taehyung extended his hand and Kookie held it with a shy smile.

Taehyung had borrowed Namjoon's car for the day as the destination is little far and he didn't want them to be tired by cycling. They drove for about 15 minutes in silence before spoke up

"So... where are we going?"

"I thought we'll go for a movie, there is a movie theater in the next town. And then go for lunch. We'll see if we wanna do something after lunch or we can come back home." Taehyung explained and Kookie hummed as an acknowledgement.

"Is that ok?" Taehyung asked again as he spared a glance towards the other. "We can change if you want."

"No no. It's good. I think I'll love going for a movie." Kookie said with a reassuring smile.

Taehyung gave an answering smile and there was again a comfortable silence till they reach the movie hall. There was some time left before the movie starts so they decided to have a light snack.

Taehyung went and brought the snacks despite of Kookie's protesting.

"Why did you buy that? I got my salary so I wanted to spend today." Kookie said with a huff.

"That's ok baby, you can keep that money." Taehyung said with a reassuring smile as he kept the food on the table.

"No! You're spending so much on me." Kookie's voice had a certain sadness and Taehyung gave a sigh at that.

"Ok. How about you buy tickets then?" Taehyung asked in a gentle voice as he didn't want to Kookie to feel bad.

Kookie gave a nod and his face suddenly got a mischievous look. "I wish I am a multimillionaire in my past so that I can pay you for everything."

Taehyung was quiet for some time but when he spoke, he had a certain edge to his voice.

"I don't want you to be one though." Taehyung said in a quiet voice as he looked down and Kookie's playful demeanor changed to a concerned one at that. "Then you will have one more reason to go back."

Kookie reached and held Taehyung's hand over the table. He gave it a gentle squeeze and ran his thumb over it before looking at the man in front of him with loving eyes.

"Tae..." Kookie waited till Taehyung looked at him properly. "Even if I am the richest man in Korea, I will not go back."

Both looked at each other with a small smiles, contented in each other's company.

____________________________________

The movie was good, Taehyung picked a romantic one as he was not sure about Kookie's appetite for horror or action. If was definitely the right choice as they both enjoyed it very much.

They shared their popcorn, held hands and Taehyung even gave few little pecks to Kookie's cheek in the semi darkness, making his face blush to a dark pink color. Basically they did everything that it expected from an innocent movie date.

Kookie had another flashback where he was making out with Chim in a movie theater but he managed to hide his reaction from Taehyung using the darkness in the theater. Kookie didn't want to mess up his perfect date even for few minutes.

After the movie, Taehyung took him to a rather fancy restaurant. Kookie let Taehyung order for him as he didn't had a clue about what he likes and dislikes. He went with Taehyung's choice and found that whatever the other picked, he liked it.

After lunch they decided to go to a park that was sort of a local attraction. They didn't walk much and found a place in the shade to sit side by side and enjoy the sunset.

Taehyung was leaning back a bit with his hands, had his eyes closed and face turned towards the sky but Kookie was looking intensely at him. Taehyung looked so beautiful and ethereal as the rich gold light shone over his face. After few minutes, Taehyung lips curved upwards in to a small smile.

"I can literally feel you staring at me Kookie. Are you trying to burn a hole through me?" Taehyung asked in a teasing voice and Kookie gave a little laugh.

"Why? Am I not allowed to stare?" Kookie asked in an equally teasing voice.

"You can do anything you want baby, I'm all yours." Taehyung said softly, still keeping his eyes closed.

Kookie thought for few seconds before scooting near to the other. After few seconds of hesitation, Kookie placed a quick kiss on Taehyung's cheek, making the latter snap his eyes open in surprise.

"You said a-anything." Kookie mumbled, while looking down at his lap with a shy smile.

"Well, I definitely won't mind having more of that. Many, many more." Taehyung said as gently raised Kookie's face with his fingers.

"Not here though." Kookie said with a shy smile and Taehyung internally cooed at that. "I'll give them at home."

As soon as the words were out from Kookie mouth, Taehyung sprang to his feet.

"Would you look at the time!!" Taehyung exclaimed as he looked at his wrist to check his non existing watch. "It's really, really late. We should go home."

Taehyung extended his hand to Kookie who took it with a happy laugh. Together, they walked towards the car, quite fast if I might add, so that they could go home.