35 - Back Home.

Kookie stood infront of his house. He had tried to call Jimin but the number was not working. So he came to Seoul, to his own house. He was standing there for about five minutes now, contemplating about whether to ring the bell or go straight inside.

Taehyung actually wanted to accompany Kookie but the latter didn't think it's a good idea. He didn't know what to expect when he met Jimin and it might not be something he wanted Taehyung to see.

Although it was technically still his house, that is if Jimin is still living there, Kookie decided that he should ring the door bell. It's always best to take the polite route. Kookie rang the door bell and waited till the door got opened.

A stranger opened the door and looked at him. He had an unreadable expression on his face, but Kookie felt an aura of hostility. He quickly cleared his throat and spoke up.

"Uhmmm... is Park Jimin still live here?" Kookie asked in a nervous tone but the man didn't answer. If anything, his look changed in to a very clear glare now.

Suddenly he could hear the sound of walking footsteps from inside the house and a voice. A voice he would recognize anywhere.

"Yoongi, who's at the door-"

The man had blond hair but that was the only thing that looked different from what Kookie remembered of his husband. Otherwise, he looked exactly like he did the last time Kookie saw him.

Jimin gasped in shock when he saw Kookie, his hand automatically pressed over his heart. He looked at Kookie for few seconds as if he had seen a ghost.

"H-hi?" Kookie said with a nervous laugh and gave a little smile to the other.

Jimin felt the tears gathering in his eyes and the next second, they spilled over. He took the two steps that separated him from Kookie and pulled him in to an embrace.

Kookie was surprised actually. Of all the years that Kookie had known Jimin, he had rarely seen him crying. Jimin was not much of an emotional person and he normally chose to keep his vulnerable side to himself.

After the initial surprise, Kookie wrapped his arms around Jimin too. They may not have done this in few years but the action still felt instinctive and normal. He heard Jimin let out few muffled sobs and gently stroked the other's back.

The man in his arms may not be the one he love, but he was still someone whom Kookie cared about for a great deal. He just hoped Jimin thought about him in the exact same way. He would rather not hurt Jimin again.

Kookie's chain of thoughts were disrupted by a sound of a scoff and he saw the stranger walking back inside the house. But not before giving out another death glare to Kookie.

And it seems like Jimin noticed the sound too. Cause he untangled his hands from Kookie's shoulders and took a step back.

"A-aren't you c-coming in?" Jimin's voice sounded a little off, as if he had something stuck inside his throat.

Kookie gave a soft smile and followed the other inside.

The house seemed pretty much like how it looked before with only one major change. None of the photos that used to adorn the walls of the living room, were not there anymore. Not their graduation photo or their wedding photo.

Kookie sat on the sofa, noticing the stranger in the kitchen. He looked at Jimin who seemed to be at a lost about what to say or do.

"You should introduce your friend to me, Chim. He's shooting lasers from his eyes. He knows who I am right?" Kookie said in an attempt to lighten the tensed atmosphere but he felt bad when Jimin gave a guilt look back.

"No no-" Kookie quickly got up and walked towards Jimin. He gently put a hand on Jimin's shoulder and gave a soft smile. "-it's ok. Uhhh... me too."

Jimin looked at Kookie and for the first time, a small smile came on to his face. He seemed to be staggering a bit too and Kookie instinctively held him by his shoulders.

"Really?" Jimin's voice was clearly portraying the relief he was feeling and Kookie gave a nod in confirmation.

"Yeah." Kookie was relieved too. It looked like both of them had moved on from each other.

Jimin gave a smile again and turned to walk to the kitchen. He came out after about a minute and the stranger followed him too. He looked at Kookie but this time, his eyes looked curious, rather than hostile.

"Hello, I'm Jungkook. I take it you know me already." Kookie said in a friendly voice and extended his hand for a handshake.

"I'm Min Yoongi. Jimin's-" Yoongi paused to glance at Jimin for a second. "-boyfriend."

He shook Kookie's hand and they both gave a friendly smile to each other. Jimin was practically beaming now and Kookie felt happy to see that. It reminded of him the time when they were happy to have eachother in their lives and he was glad to see that on Jimin's face again.

"Sit. I'll get you something to drink, Kookie." Jimin said as walked to the kitchen and the other two men sat down, keeping a safe distance from each other.

"How do you know Jimin?" Kookie asked after few minutes but quickly backtracked when he realized how that must sound. "I'm not trying to interrogate you or something. I was just curious."

"I work with him." Yoongi answered in an even tone.

"How long have you two..?" Kookie let the question drag and Yoongi looked back at him with a question.

"You think he cheated on you?" Kookie noticed a hint of anger in that question.

'Good.' Kookie thought to himself. He's ready to defend Jimin in a blink of an eye.

"Jimin's not a cheater." Kookie said in a confident voice. "I was just wondering how long you had to suffer before he let you in."

Whatever Yoongi was expecting from Kookie, it was clearly not this. His eyes got big before he successfully masked his surprise. Yoongi gave a soft smile in the next second.

"About 6 months. And I suppose I suffered for about a year before that." Yoongi said with a little chuckle and Kookie couldn't help but laugh too.

They were softly laughing when Jimin returned with refreshments. He was happy to see them getting along.

All 3 of them sipped their drinks in silence but it was not uncomfortable at all.

"What did you do with the photos?" Kookie asked as he gave a soft smile to Jimin, who looked slightly uneasy at that question.

"I... uhh... it's in the store room."

"Good. If it's ok with you, I would like to have our graduation photo."

"Sure."

There was another few minutes of silence and then it was broken by Yoongi who got up from his seat.

"I should go now, let you two... catch up." Yoongi said in a serious tone but he looked at Jimin to see if he's ok with that.

Jimin gave a soft smile to him, indicating that it was ok.

"I would like that, thank you. That's very considerate of you." Kookie said with a smile.

Yoongi went after giving a nod to Kookie and Jimin walked him to the door. Kookie waited patiently as he knew very well that Yoongi might need few minutes of assurance before he can leave his boyfriend alone with his husband.

After few minutes, Jimin walked back in to the living room and sat beside Kookie. They looked at each other for few seconds before Kookie finally spoke up.

"Guess we should talk about what happened for the past 2 and half years."