23 - What Will You Choose?

"What are you doing here, hyung?"

"Oh my God!! Such a rude thing to say!! Now that you have someone to... uhhh... keep you company, you're kicking out this hyung."

Jin looked at Taehyung with a hurt look but Taehyung knows what a drama queen his brother-in-law is so he only raised his eyes at that.

"Stop with the drama, hyung." Taehyung said with a little laugh this time.

"This brat!! You don't say things like that when I used to bring you food!"

"Well, did you bring food?"

"That's- well, not this time."

"In that case, what-"

Taehyung stopped talking as he felt a little tug on his elbow. He turned around to see Kookie looking at him with wide, slightly glossy eyes and he realized that the other was scared. Taehyung immediately put a hand on Kookie's cheek.

"Oh no baby, we are just joking. Don't worry." Taehyung said with a soft smile as he tried to explain the situation. And then he turned back towards Namjoon and Jin.

"Hyung!! Look, you scared him." Taehyung said in a whining voice and Jin immediately came and sat on the sofa, next to Kookie.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Kookie. Tae and I are just kidding." Jin said as he wrapped a hand around Kookie.

Kookie looked at back and forth between two brothers and gave a tiny nod.

"But why are you really here hyung?" This time Taehyung had directed his question at Namjoon who immediately looked serious.

"Well, we do have something we like to talk about. We-"

"You know what!! I think I need a tea." Jin suddenly exclaimed, cutting Namjoon's words mid sentence.

"Kookie, would you like to help me make some tea?" Jin got up from the sofa and extended a hand towards Kookie.

If Kookie was surprised, he didn't show it. It was very clear that Jin didn't need any help in making tea, he just wanted to have a talk with Kookie, privately. Jin gave a pointed look to Namjoon before he lead Kookie to the kitchen.

"So?" Kookie said once they were in the kitchen.

He was nervous but curious at the same time. Jin didn't answer at first as he put the kettle on stove. He then turned towards Kookie.

"So. You and Taehyung?" Jin asked in a soft voice, trying not to scare the other anymore.

Kookie was nervous. He actually felt like a schoolboy who was sent to principal for doing something wrong but doesn't know what it is.

"Y-yeah.. it k-kind of turned out like that." Kookie replied as he fidgeted with the hem of his shirt.

"Kookie, I have no bad feelings towards you. Both Taehyung and you are big boys so whatever you do is totally up to you." Jin said with a soft smile and Kookie felt a little weight clearing.

But he was sure that Jin was not yet done so he waited to hear what Jin has to say.

"What I want to talk about is something else. It's about your memory, Kookie. And about who you are."

"What about my memory, hyung?"

"If you can have the opportunity, would you like to know who you are? Without having your memory?"

Kookie thought for a while. To know who he is, to know who Chim is, but not have his own memory to understand the situation or what happened between them, does he really want that?