Friends no more

Clara POV

"WHY WOULDN'T SHE" I looked up as I heard Fred shout, and to my amazement he was shouting at George.

Sure the twins bicker, all siblings do- but I've never heard Fred raise his voice at George like that before.

I excused myself and immediately went over to the Gryffindor table, when I got there it was deadly silent and you could cut the tension with a knife.

"Good morning everyone" I tried to say cheerfully, I squeezed in between George and Ron, across from Fred.

He didn't even look at me, he just looked at the food on his plate, swearing under his breath.

"m-morning Clara" Ron said, breaking the silence.

I looked between George and Fred; George looked incredibly nervous and Fred looked angry, really angry but his eyes looked hurt, like he was in pain. What the bloody hell has happened?

"is everything ok?" I pried in a hushed voice

"wonderful. Thanks." Fred spat, glaring at me.

Woah woah woah, where is this attitude coming from? I went to speak, but George got there first-

"I was just telling Fred that I asked Ophelia to be my date tonight and..." he trailed off, looking nervously at Fred and then to the floor.

No one spoke again.

"and... yeah... Ophelia em told me this morning! That's exciting right?" stirring up some fake cheeriness, I decided to continue- "I think you two will really get on if you give each other the chance" I tried to say as positively as I could, smiling at George who definitely wasn't smiling back.

"oh you'd know all about giving people chances wouldn't you Clara" Fred practically growled, not even lifting his head to look at me.

"excuse me?" I asked, completely taken aback. Everyone around shifted uncomfortably in their seats.

"yeah you're a big fan of 'giving people chances' aren't you?" he growled again, louder this time- his head still low

"what ARE you talking about?" I questioned frustratingly

Fred let out a laugh, a massive sarcastic laugh as he threw his fork on his plate, the clatter ringing in my ears

"well haven't you just been outside talking to Adrian Pucey, Clara?"

"yes." I answered shortly

"and am I right in thinking he just asked you to the Yuleball?" Fred asked. He was practically scowling at me, looking at me like I've done something wrong.

"how do you-" I started, Fred cut me off completely.

"yes or no. Did he ask you to the ball just there?"

"well yes, but I- " I was once again interrupted by Fred

"ah. There you have it then" he rolled his head back and laughed- the same sarcastic, pissed off huff from before

"what exactly has boiled your piss this morning?" I snarked at him.

"oh! Gee I don't know maybe the fact you two have completely screwed me over" he exclaimed, pointing at me and George

"how exactly have we done that?" I said letting out a frustrated laugh

"well let's see, George is taking your bitchy mate to the ball, and CLEARLY you and I were never going to go together. So now you're going with Adrian bloody Pucey and I've been left by myself" he spat coldly

I've never seen him this angry, why can't he just shut up and stop jumping to conclusions.

"Fred, listen to me" I commanded

"No Clar, really it's fine. I hope it's worth it, in fact-

I hope he FUCKS you tonight!" He shouted as he slammed his hands on the table "we all know you'll let him"

I have never in my life been this angry. How dare he say that to me? Any romantic feelings aside, Fred is still supposed to be my best friend. You don't say shit like that to your best friend. You don't look at them like they're a piece of shit either.

I stood up with such force, I knocked plates on the floor and all over George and Ron; who along with Harry, Hermione and the rest of the great hall were now watching.

"FUCK YOU FRED WEASLEY" I yelled. I could feel tears stinging my eyes, threatening to flood.

And just before I stormed away, I turned back around.My face burning and tears rolling down my cheeks-

"By the way!" I shouted, throwing my hands up "I said no. Because I..." my voice began to crack "because I wanted to go with you"

I let myself linger on his face for a split second before turning away again.

His frown dropped and his eyes glistened, he parted his lips to speak but I turned on my heels and ran out of the great hall as fast as I could.

I was running and running,

I needed fresh air so I ran all through the halls, through the courtyard, passed by Hagrids hut and stopped only at the edge of the lake.

But I needed more, I needed to be further still. So I closed my eyes, concentrated, and transfigured into my Animagus;

a little bird.

And I flew as far away from Fred Weasley as I possibly could.