A match made in the astral plane

It was the morning of the second tournament, the girls and I made our way down to the black lake. The whole time Ophelia was ranting and raving at the fact her plan had totally failed, plus with the ball only like a week away she was probably one of the only people that didn't have a date yet.

"At this rate I'll be asking Hagrid!" she exclaimed as we approached the lake

"I heard a rumour he's going with the headmaster of beauxbatons actually" Jade replied

"well that's fan-fucking-tastic isn't it" Ophelia shouted, throwing her hands in the air

"mind your language please miss Olivander" Professor McGonagall snipped as she passed us

Ophelia just rolled her eyes- "if she turns up with a date and I don't, I really will lose it"

We took our places in the stands, I could see Harry and Cedric down by the lake. They both looked scared- no wonder I thought. The black lake gave me the creeps.

"you know 'phee, you could come with me, Fred and George?" I asked her

"or Ophelia could just take George and leave Fred with Clara" Jade suggested

"No offence Clar, but I'd rather shit in my hands and clap. I don't mind them, but I would definitely strangle at least one of them by the end of the night" she replied with a look of disgust

I couldn't fault Ophelia, the twins weren't everyone's cup of tea and at least she was straight up about it.

"fair enough, the offer still stands though. Oh I know! Why don't you third-wheel Jade and Oliver" I asked mockingly

"I would sooner hand myself over to the dark lord"

"I'd hand you over even quicker, before I let that happen" Jade muttered

Then we heard a horn blow, signifying the start of the trial. I wonder how they'll all almost die this time

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ophelia POV

Once the tournament was over, Jade and Clara headed back to the common room and I told them I'd come see them after.

I had business to attend to.

Whilst I really did not want to share my Yuleball experience with George Weasley, if it helps get Clara and Fred together then I'll do it.

Clara deserves, so much to just be happy and I see how happy Fred makes her; that and how he practically worships the ground she walks on.

But I know her too well, if I agreed to that plan back there and told her I'd go with George she'd be destined to mess it up.

She'd start to overthink things, convince herself Fred didn't want to go with just her, so she'd probably end up standing him up without meaning it, asking someone else out of panic or quite frankly she might just spontaneously combust.

I love Clara like a sister, but my god is she useless sometimes. She's got no confidence and sometimes has the social skills of a tortured house elf.

As I got closer to the Gryffindor portrait, I saw the pair of redheads and approached them with determination.

I looked at the one on the right "George. Come with me" I commanded

"I'm not George, he is" he said pointing to the other

Well, 50/50 wasn't it? "ah" I turned to the one on the left- "George. Come with me" I commanded again

"sure but why?" he questioned

"No time" I huffed, grabbing his wrist and dragging him down the hall and into the nearest empty classroom.

"Look, I have no qualms with a pretty girl pulling me into an empty classroom but.."

I folded my arms and frowned at him "nice try, but no." I scolded "we need to talk"

"we do?" he asked

"Fred and Clara. How long have you known?" I asked blankly

"known what? What do you know" he asked gingerly (ha.)

"that they're clearly in love and are practically pining for one another" I replied

He let out a sigh of relief "Freddie's loved her since day dot. I figured he would've told her by now at least but the idiots too scared she won't feel the same"

"well she does" I said unfolding my arms. "she still won't quite admit it yet, but she does. I think she's still trying to convince herself it's just a crush but between the amortentia, the dream- "

George cut me off- "Dream? What dream?" he asked frowning

I sighed, debating whether to tell him or not "the night after the first tournament- the party in your common room, when Clara fell asleep that night she em... had a dream... about Fred, a specific type of dream shall we say"

Sorry Clar.

"You're kidding?!" he burst out laughing "Fred had one the same night- about Clara obviously. This is mental, do you think maybe they...shared a dream?"

"well when Clara woke up she thought it had all been real, she said it was way more lifelike than any sort of dream" I said in disbelief

"that's exactly what Fred said!"

"unbelievable. How have they managed to shag each other in the bloody astral plane but can't even kiss in real life?... I mean is that even possible?"

"seems it" George said mirroring my disbelief "bloody hell. They really are meant to be"

"must be" I laughed "but they're both too scared to realise it, so you and I will have to pick up the slack"

"ok. How?" he asked

"you and I will go to the Yuleball together" I said.

"like as a date?"

"yes as a date."

He smirked and looked me up and down "don't get any ideas Weasley. If you and I go together, it just means they can go together."

He nodded in agreement.

"But- we aren't going to tell them until the morning of, and we'll pretend like it was last minute"

"and why exactly will we do that?" he quizzed

"because you and I both know, that if we tell them, one of them between now and the ball is bound to get scared and mess it up somehow. The later we tell them, the less chance they have of fucking it up"

"that... is pretty spot on. Good plan" he extended his hand for a handshake

I firmly gripped his hand and we shook on our... well MY, wonderful plan "oh and try to wear something green. I like to co-ordinate"

He smirked at me and with that, I walked out of the classroom confident and excited once again for the Yuleball

Who needs Viktor Krum when you can play matchmaker instead?