Backfired

Here's a fairly long chapter to make up for the past few short ones <3

Clara POV:

Monday morning. First day back in classes. Topped off with a spinning headache that I can't tell if it's from a hangover or what happened with Fred.

I've never been so happy to go to lunch.

Jade and I sat together and Ophelia turned up about 10 minutes later looking like she wanted to kill someone.

"I've just been sick again. That's the sixth time this morning. We need a new tradition" she huffed as she sat next to me, opposite Jade and rested her head on my shoulder.

"No you just need a little self-control" smirked Jade as she started putting food on her plate.

I picked up the warm bread rolls and put two on Ophelia's plate for her "Eat." I commanded, "maybe this way you'll get through potions next without having to puke"

She lifted her head from my shoulder and started to eat, she spoke low but clear- "I could be stone cold sober and there's still a high chance I'd vomit in Snapes class"

Jade and I nodded in agreement.

No more than five minutes later, Ophelia excused herself looking just about as green as the edging on our robes and Jade asked if I minded if she left to go monitor quidditch trials. I say asked, it wasn't a question and I dare not go with her anyways.

So I decided to go find Fred and George and just completely ignore what happened last night. It was just all down to the firewhiskey.

I sat beside George, opposite Fred and they both started gagging and acting like they were about to spew.

"how funny you both are" I rolled my eyes at them "I'm fine thanks for asking by the way"

They both just shook their heads and laughed, I found myself doing the same.

"what's that then?" I asked pointing at the two little vials in Freds hands,

"those little bird, are the temporary aging potions we made last night" Fred replied clearly very pleased with himself.

"no thanks to you" chimed in George

I punched him in the arm- "oi! I gave you the bloody idea" I laughed lightly.

"That's true, you just didn't have the guts to see it through" said Fred, looking even more pleased with himself than before.

Twat. I thought to myself, if only you knew the half of it.

"so when are you planning on doing this then?" I asked them both

"next period" answered George, "you free?"

"unfortunately not" I sighed "potions with Snape, no way out"

"that's shit" said Fred looking genuinely disappointed

"I'll see you guys after? I can come watch quidditch practice tonight, just don't tell Jade." I said getting to my feet, needing to head to class.

"Deal" they replied together

"Good luck Weaseltwonks" I waved as I walked away from them.

As I reached the doors I glanced back to the Gryffindor table and Fred was looking right at me, had he been watching the whole time I wondered?

When classes were over with for the day, I quickly stopped in at my dorm to ditch my books, tie, robe and throw on a plain grey sweatshirt on top of the rest of my uniform. I was on my way to meet Fred and George when Jades brother Dean stopped me on the stairs;