Little bird

"Who in Merlins beard could that be?" said Jade as she got up "it must be almost midnight, no one's awake" she walked towards the door and began to open it slowly.

"I have a slight inclining" I say getting to my feet. Woah haven't stood up in a while and either I'm drunker than I thought or the dorm is spinning.

I heard the door creek and with it an oddly synchronised "Ladies" comes from two tall figures in doorway.

"Mind if we steal the little bird for a while?" asked Fred nodding towards me.

He knows I hate it when he calls me that, my Animagus is a bird you see, a magpie to be precise. I always thought it was a useless Animagus, a bloody bird. I heard Harrys godfather is a great big dog, now that's useful.

I started to walk towards the door, grabbing an oversized green jumper to throw on over my black pyjama shorts and t-shirt when George asked "rather strong smell of alcohol in here, hope you girls have been behaving? Especially you, prefect Bennet"

"Oh bugger off Weasley, we all know we wouldn't be friends if I didn't misbehave sometimes." I snarked back smiling at the twins. "right then where exactly are we going?" I ask

"We need your help" they say in sync again

"shocker" I reply

I look at Ophelia practically passed out on the floor, then to Jade "good luck" I laugh

"Gee thanks" she says rolling her eyes.

And with that I'm running down the stairs with Fred and George or at least I thought I was. Definitely drunker than I thought. That wasn't running that was falling.

Fred picked me up at the bottom of the stairs and swooped me into a hidden passage, with George not far behind. I start laughing my head off and I can hear them telling me to shut up but I simply don't.

In the middle of the passage Fred puts me down and asks if I'm hurt, as soon as I say no he breaks out into a grin "good because that was hilarious" he replies. George looks less amused however

"merlin Clara, didn't think you were that drunk you could've been really hurt" he says worriedly

"buuuut I wasn't. So now will you two please tell me why you practically kidnapped me at this ungodly hour on a school night?" They looked at each other and smirked.

"Need your help with an idea, let's not discuss it here though come on- can you walk?" asked Fred

"not in a straight line maybe but I'll get there" I replied giggling

"that works" they said, once again completely in sync.

We reached the passage entrance to the Gryffindor common room, this isn't the first night I've been smuggled into here. George turned on the fireplace and Fred tossed me a blanket, we sat on the floor in a triangle next to the fire. There was something to be said about the Gryffindor common room, in that it was rather homely and cosy, an often welcome contrast to the colder dungeons of Slytherin.

"See little bird" started Fred, I shot him a look

"we need you and your big brain to help us come up with a plan to get our names into that goblet". He continued on

"you can't be serious? I mean a.) you are aware you can't both be champions and b.) do you both have a death wish now?" I looked at them quizzingly, god I hope this is one of their pranks.

"we've thought it through Clar, we know what it means but no one's died in the last 4 years" said George

I sighed "that's because it only happens every 4 bloody years George" I say irritated

"you're a cranky drunk you know that?" said Fred mockingly "come on it'd be wicked to take part in or even win, you'd get to say your best friend is a Triwizard champion".

"oh yeah? And which one of you would that be?" I asked sarcastically

"me, obviously" they both said... at the exact same time... again.

I looked at them both, flicking my eyes between the two and they were both practically puppy dog pouting at me. "ugh fine, fine I'll help. Do you have any sort of plan?" I enquired.

They were both silent.

"okay um fine, one of you go and get me your potions textbook for this year" I commanded

George got up and walked towards the boys dorm stairs.

"Potions textbook?" Fred asked

"I'm thinking we use a temporary aging potion. Of course that doesn't exist so we'll have to use a temporary de-aging potion and try and reverse it for reverse results" a split second after I finished my sentence, Fred tackled me into a hug causing me to crash back onto the floor on my back and him basically on top of me.

He hugged me and told me I was "wicked" and "possibly even the most wicked person he'd ever met" before pulling back and just sort of looming over me, my arms still wrapped round his neck.

We stayed like that, just looking at one another for a few moments and I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding on to. It didn't feel awkward at all, it felt safe and... right

"Kiss me"