It's going to be an interesting year

There was a certain buzz about the great hall this evening, I mean there always is first day back and during the sorting ceremony, but the real excitement was fuelled by the impending arrival of Drumstag and the Beauxbatons.

I took my usual seat between my dormmates Ophelia and Jade. We've roomed together since first year and the three of us do really get on. I love Fred and George to pieces, and they are my best friends but there are some things better discussed with my girls. Ophelia was my first friend at Hogwarts, we met on our first ever train ride here and I was so relieved when we were both put in Slytherin. Ophelia can be defined as an "it-girl" I mean she is an Olivander after all, her great uncle runs the wand shop and despite her parents not having anything to do with the business she still has the name and the status. She has honey hair and a smile as sweet as death with light hazel eyes that sometimes look golden in the light, most boys in Hogwarts have to practically glue their mouths shut when she walks by. Don't get it twisted though, she is an ice queen- beautifully terrifying really. Out of the 3 of us she's the most stereotypical Slytherin; despite looking like she probably belongs in Hufflepuff there are times I can think of more reasons to be scared of Ophelia than the dark lord himself.

Jade and I are more similar, she's far more competitive than me though. I'll do my absolute best to win or get what I want but Jade will do it by any means necessary; it does make her one hell of a quidditch player though and with her being captain now I'm sure she'll be training the whole team to be the same. We relate to one another a lot about our families, she feels pushed out by her parents because she's a Slytherin and they were both Gryffindors and it definitely didn't help that her little brother Dean Thomas was sorted into Gryffindor the year after us. I feel like my dad's pushed me away since mum died. He'd never admit it but it's because I remind him so much of her, he barely looks me in the eyes anymore but when he does his face falls the same way it did when she died 2 years ago. Unlike Ophelia, Jade looks like the pinnacle of a Slytherin; she has shoulder length jet black hair and piercing jade green eyes (hence her name) and oh boy could she look intimidating when she tried. The only person not intimidated by her is the Gryffindor captain, Oliver Wood I think his name is? The two of them bicker and argue and argue and bicker about quidditch for absurd lengths of time and each time they go at it they might as well be arguing in the mirror, they're practically the same bloody person!  Perfect for each other if you ask me, I could never tell Jade I think that though.

The Beauxbatons swanned in, making all the boys drool and the girls practically blowing steam out their ears. I could see Fred and George's little brother Ron, eyeing up the backsides of the Beauxbatons from the opposite side of the hall- subtlety is a trait it seems the Weasleys do not possess. I glanced at Fred and weirdly, he didn't seem all that fussed about the walking blue bells that stood in front of us his eyes caught mine for a moment and all he did was flip his hair sarcastically, mimicking the movements of the girls. George seemed fairly entranced.

The Drumstag entrance was quite the opposite however, very loud and flash and strong. They marched in like an army, a very good-looking army. It was the girls turn to swoon now and the boys all seemed to suddenly clench their jaws and puff their chests out.

"isn't that...?"- spoke Ophelia

"You bet it is. That's THE Victor Krum" replied Jade

"I saw him play in the world cup this year with the Weasleys" I chimed in, "he really is quite astonishing"

"He's a quidditch GOD, Clara" she said very bluntly

"I don't care if he's a quidditch god, I want to know if he's a god in the shee-

"OPHELIA" I gasped at her

"All I'm saying, is I'd like a go on his broomstick before the school year ends" she retorted

We must've been talking louder than we thought because a few of the fourth-year boys were wide-eyed staring at us, Draco Malfoy almost spat out his pumpkin juice.

We all started giggling like little girls after this and it intensified when one of the Drumstag boys blew fire right in our direction and proceeded to wink at me after. He winked at ME? With Ophelia right there? I couldn't believe it, I never got male attention when we were together. I immediately started blushing, more with disbelief than attraction but I looked up to see George in hysterics at the whole interaction and expected to see Fred in the same state but instead he looked slightly irritated, he shifted uncomfortably in his seat and started speaking to the boy opposite him. Weird. Maybe he didn't see? 

Dumbledores speech obviously focused on the tournament. I'd heard of it before this year, but I can't say I'd ever think of entering, Jade might and it wouldn't surprise me if the twins did but the possibility of dying for a silver cup isn't all that appealing to me. Just as I thought this Dumbledore announced that you can only enter if you're 17 this year and above all of the outrage and rebukes I could hear, clear as day from the twins

"THAT'S RUBBISH"

I wonder what their plan is to get around this one.

After the feast, I went to the common room with Jade and Ophelia. I tried to find the twins a but they raced out of the great hall pretty quickly and I'd bet my wand it's to start concocting some ridiculous idea as to how they'll get their names in that goblet.