Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Quick Note- Apologies for still being slow with updates! I've set aside the rest of today and tonight to get a few more chapters out!

Thanks again for reading! here's a chapter that's full of teaaaa

next chapter may or may not have spice ;)

Here's part 12 of Riddle me this; 

The whole night, I've barely put the bottle down. I'm not sure how, but I'm quite literally a machine tonight-I was playing drinking games with Harry and Ron for ages and now either of them can walk.

Oopsies.

I was sitting with Ginny by the fire, talking about the news of the yule ball when I heard a scream.

I knew exactly whose scream it was.

It was closely followed by another, different scream.

I recognized that one too.

Then two, no THREE sets of footsteps could be heard, bolting down the stairs from the boys dorms.

Confirming my suspicions, Ophelia appeared at the bottom of the stairs waving her hands and shouting for me- she'd gone a shade of green I'd never seen before. Then Jade appeared immediately after in the same frantic state of shock as Ophelia, except she seemed a lot more *ahem* roughed up.

This should be good I thought.

And then the third set of footsteps reached the bottom and I lost my fucking mind.

Standing there shirtless, looking desperately at Jade, was

Oliver. Fucking. Wood.

Have I been transported to another dimension? The Slytherin and Gryffindor quidditch captains, sworn enemies, arch nemesis' Jade Thomas and Oliver Wood have been shagging?

I wasn't sure whether to laugh, pinch myself or thrown up on the spot.

The whole party stopped and stared at the scene that had emerged. Jade was the first to speak, or at least try to "let me expl-..." she got halfway through when Ophelia burst into laughter but not a nice warm laugh, oh dear god no.

Her laugh was chilling. The room fell silent and cold, it was honestly like all the dementors from Azkaban had entered the common room.

Ophelia simply raised her hands, turned to the crowd, then back to Jade.

Jade looked almost on the brink of tears, Oliver not looking much better.

"I knew it." said Ophelia, emphasising every syllable

"you what?" asked Jade, absolutely dumbfounded

"Please, you've wanted to push Wood off his broom in a match for about as long as you've wanted to jump on his other broomstick. It's literally been palpable for years, I just never thought you'd have the guts to do it" Ophelia smirked, folding her arms

I choked.

"we- we're not going out or anything" stuttered Jade

"we're not?" said Oliver from behind gently

Oh dear, as if this couldn't be anymore awkward.

"well... I um, are we?" said Jade spinning round to look at Oliver, who still looked like he might cry.

"I mean, yeah? No? I don't know..." he trailed off

I lied it could be more awkward.

Ophelia marched over to them both, grabbed Oliver by the ear and Jade by the collar back up the stairs, yelling at them to "sort their shit out and that they won't be allowed back till their done"

"Bloody hell" slurred Ginny. "That was unexpected"

"I'll say." I looked at her and we both chugged our drinks again

Slowly and awkwardly, the party picked up again and I really was close to being vomit drunk.

Fred noticed and took me to the bathroom to get a drink of water but we didn't even reach the sinks before I had to run into a stall and totally projectiled in the toilet. Ew.

Immediately, I felt Fred behind me pulling my hair out my face and holding it in a light ponytail with one hand as he began stroking my back with the other.

I was only sick once but I felt so drained, I couldn't stand up yet. I slumped on the floor, leaning into Fred who was kneeling beside me. He kept one hand rubbing my back and the other snaked round the front of my shoulders, pulling me closer to him and we just sat like that for goodness know how long, before I managed to croak out "maybe we should get that water now". I went to pull away and stand up, but Fred held on to me and swept my legs up, carrying me to the sink and placing me on top of it.

"sorry Freddie" I said looking down at the ground, hiccupping

"don't even worry about it clar" he said, filling up an empty bottle he'd brought at the sink next to me

I found myself watching him, I watched his hands as they turned on the tap and tested the water to see if it was cold. He did have nice hands; they were big, probably double mines and the veins on them were so... defined how had I never noticed how attractive his hands were before? They looked so strong and yet I knew they were soft and warm, the feeling of instant comfort taking over whenever I felt them on me in a hug.

Next thing I knew, one of those hands were at my chin, the other holding the bottle to my mouth. I closed my eyes and let the water run down my throat, a welcome palette cleanse after being sick. I pulled away when I had enough but the one hand still remained on my chin.

The moonlight bounced in from the window behind me, lighting up Freds face perfectly. He looked stunning and he was studying me, making sure I was okay- and I let him. Truth is I loved it when he did that.

"Better?" he asked.

"Better" I agreed.

"Clara there was something I've been meaning to ask you tonight" Fred said, his hand still on my chin but his eyes were flickering nervously between me and the floor.

I could feel my heartbeat quicken and there was suddenly butterflies in my stomach, whatever he's about to ask it must be serious. I nodded slowly, encouraging him to keep talking.

"I just... well I wondered, what with this Yule Ball thing near Christmas, everyone is supposed to ya know have dates and stuff so, I wondered if you'd want to go together?"

I was so taken aback. I didn't ever see this coming, not in a million years. My voice hitched in my throat before I could answer, despite desperately wanting to.

...

"With George and I, I mean of course."

What?

"Like as a three, you know, as..."

"Friends?" I responded flatly. My heart stinging.

"yeah..." he said unsure "as friends" he said, just about as flat as I did

"I'd love that" I told him, jumping of the sink and hugging him so he couldn't see my face, I could feel my eyes starting to water

No. No I wouldn't I thought to myself.