Jealous?

My heart was in my mouth the entire tournament, there was one point or rather several points, I thought Harry might've been done for. But low and behold the boy who lived, lives up to his name once again.

When Harry lifted up the golden egg, the crowd erupted into applause; most of it coming from Ron and Hermione of course. Ron even picked her up and span her around out of sheer joy. Fred, George and I all looked at each other with raised eyebrows.

"when are we taking bets on how long it'll take them to get together then?" asked Fred nodding towards Ron and Hermione who were awkwardly shuffling out of each others arms, realising what had just happened.

"I don't know" I replied "but I hope it's bloody soon, it's infuriating to watch, why don't they just kiss already?" I say half laughing

George has a steady gaze fixed on me "yeah terribly annoying isn't it? you know what else is annoying? Hypocrites." He smirked

"what?" I asked

"nothing" he said turning to Fred, whispering something

"um excuse me?" I quizzed, growing irritated. What in the seven hells was that all about?

They both looked at me, smiling- but not one of their warm, comforting smiles oh no, one of their we've got an idea and chances are we won't tell you much about it smiles.

"go back to your room and grab a few bottles of firewhiskey would ya? Then come to our common room, passage only" Fred leaned in to me and spoke softly in my ear, I could feel his breath on my neck and I felt a chill run up my spine.

Must be the cold autumn wind I thought, rather nippy today

I turned my head to say "deal" when another voice did it for me. Ophelia was now right behind me, looking as perfect as ever, wearing a long grey coat over a black skin-tight dress, some thigh boots and a black beret that was actually from Paris (because of course it was).

"Deal." She said "but it's going to cost you" she smiled at the twins

"Jade and I get to come." She said bluntly

"that's fine" said George

"and I get a pack of those sweets you give people to make them sick, I have a lot of tests coming up" she said folding her arms, looking rather happy with herself.

"it's a deal" Fred replied, smiling back at her.

Don't do that! My brain instinctively screamed.

What on earth Clar, he only smiled at her. Why would that bother me? Does the thought of Fred and Ophelia bother me?

Suddenly there was a pit in my stomach as images of Fred and Ophelia flashed in my mind and I felt like I wanted to kick something.

Oh my gosh... it does.

"Lets get going Clar come on, we need to find Jade as well" Ophelia said tugging at my arm

"I-um... yeah. Yeah no sure" I said, "lets go." the tugging turned into dragging me through the crowd towards the exit. I turned and saw Fred looking after me once again or was he even looking at me? Was he looking at Ophelia just now? The pit in my stomach grew again.

We were mindlessly chatting about the dragon tournament in our dorm, when Jade burst in the room to look for something.

"hey" she managed to sigh out

"hey yourself" I replied dismissively

"Have you guys heard there's a party in the Gryffindor common room, they're celebrating the Potter boy not being eaten by a giant lizard" she said excitedly

"of course WE have, but how have you? Fred and George invited us." Responded Ophelia flatly

They invited me actually. You bargained your way in by batting your eyelashes at Fred, like you do every boy.

Woah Clara. What is my problem right now?

I was too distracted to hear Jades excuse but whatever it was Ophelia wasn't satisfied with it, but before she could get another question in- Jade said "well anyways I'll just see you guys in there, yeah?" as she grabbed her bag and headed for the door, not waiting for an answer from either of us.

"Clar we're going to have to figure out what it is she's been up to" Ophelia looked at me almost pleadingly.

See the thing is about Ophelia, she may be cold and self-centred, driven by what she wants and not much else; she does care about Jade and I, she's protective of the both of us and is actually a very good and loyal friend. As much as she's boy oriented, if she knew one of us liked a guy, she would completely steer clear of him.

"you still think she might be seeing someone?" I asked her

"definitely someone. Not sure who but I'm thinking it HAS to be someone in Gryffindor, how else would she know about the party?" Ophelia responded, picking up bottles of firewhiskey she'd had hidden in her case.

My mind immediately ran with thoughts of Jade and Fred having a secret fling, him inviting her to the party and the two of them stealing secret moments with one another.

No no no, that's insane. Why do I keep doing this? More so, why does it make me feel physically ill?

"Lets do a couple shots before we go, yeah?" I say to Ophelia, knowing she won't refuse.

She immediately twists the lid off a bottle and chugs, I take the other and do the same.

"Bottoms up" I giggle.

We use the tunnels to get into the Gryffindor common room and I've never seen it so lively. Harry is hoisted onto Georges shoulders brandishing the golden dragon egg, everyone chanting around him.

When Fred sees us, he comes running straight over, picking me up and spinning me round "ahhh the little bird is in the nest" he says laughing , evidently already tipsy.

"Freddie for one night, please could you not- " I was interrupted when Fred hoisted me right up and over his shoulder as he shouted-

"You know what birds do don't you?..."

oh no I thought. Please no

"... theyyyyy FLY!!!!" and with that he took off, running round the common room with me clutching on, practically for dear life and yet I couldn't help but simultaneously smile as I watched the room around me spin, listening in only on Freds warm laugh as we did lap after lap until I thought he was going to collapse.

He plonked me down on the sofa then parked himself right next to me, both of us breathless from laughing. The party was in full swing by this point and everyone had broken off into little groups; I could see Ophelia talking to Cormac Mclaggan but still no sign of Jade anywhere.

I looked at Fred and there he was doing it again, just staring at me- not in a weird way, in fact it was rather... comforting I guess. Like when I looked at him, nothing else mattered around us or even existed. It was just the two of us, gazing at one another, just like that moment by the fire, first night back.

Oh no, the first night back. I can't do that again. Can't risk it, not even thinking about it.

So I peel my eyes away from his and grab a bottle of firewhiskey on the table just behind him. As I take a swig, I look back into his eyes and I could see a glimmer of what looked like disappointment.