what did he just say?

A couple weeks have passed since finding my grandmothers yearbook and I still can't make any sense of any of it. It's not like I can ask dad about it, not after he told me not to look into it and I can't exactly just ask my mum either.

Speaking of dad, he still hasn't sent that box of stuff he said he would

-shock.

He's probably wayyyyyy too busy in the states with work. Too busy for his own bloody daughter apparently.

I thought about asking Dumbledore about my grandmother, he would have been a professor here at the time but I don't entirely know what I'd ask. So I guess I'll just see what else I can find out in the meantime.

This weekend is a Hogsmeade weekend an I'm so excited! Me, jade and Ophelia are going with Oliver and the twins to hang out all-together. Oliver's been a lot nicer to Ophelia and I recently, he still hates all other Slytherins and all he really talks to me about is Jade and quidditch but I get the impression that's all he speaks to anyone about.

He and Jade are completely smitten with one another, it's nice to see but I can't help but get a little jealous.

I throw on some black jeans and a cropped black jumper as well as some black boots and throw on my emerald green coat for good measure. Ophelia, Jade and I, head off to meet the boys in the courtyard.

They were already there, George and Oliver were in engaged in some sort of conversation (presumably about quidditch) but Fred was standing a few feet away from them, looking a little lost in thought.

He was wearing a burgundy jumper that Molly had most definitely knitted and a long grey coat over the top. I loved Molly's jumpers, I've grown out of the last one she gave me and I must say my fingers are secretly crossed that she knits me a new one this year for Christmas.

Fred was leaning on one of the archways with his head tilted back, blowing his cold breath into the air so he could see it. He's such a child I thought, as I caught myself beginning to grin like an idiot as I looked at him.

I couldn't help it, he just looked really...cute

Ew.

Jade gave Oliver a kiss hello and the twins interrupted with fake gagging and vomiting-

"not gonna be like that the whole day I hope" asked George

"shove off Weasley" Jade retorted, taking Oliver's hand and beginning to walk

"That's us leaving then I take it" I turned and said to Ophelia, we started after Jade and Oliver, the twins quickly following behind still mimicking the happy couple.

The walk to Hogsmeade was always one of my favourite things, I love Hogsmeade itself but the walk there was always so scenic and peaceful, especially when winter rolled around there was fresh snow everywhere.

"you'll never guess who I have a date with" Ophelia asked about halfway there,

"who?" I smirked

"Victor Krums best mate" she beamed

I couldn't help but laugh. "I thought you fancied Victor?" I asked

"I do. That's why I'm going for his best mate, it's a failsafe to make him jealous and realise he'll want me for himself" she replied

"that can't actually work?... can it?" I quizzed

"most definitely" she said "although..." she looked over her shoulder at the twins a few feet behind us "that might not work in your case"

We both giggled. "I don't have a case" I pleaded. "it's nothing, it was just a dream" I lied.

"oh okay, sure. It was just a dream nothing more" she said sarcastically

"exactly" I said

"see I would believe you, if it weren't for you giving total 'fuck me' eyes when you look at him" she said, a little too loud for my liking

"can you please keep your voice do-'fuck me' eyes? I do not give Fred or anyone else for that matter 'fuck me' eyes! I probably couldn't even if I tried" I whispered aggressively, pulling Ophelia down to my level desperate for my voice not to carry.

"Oh sweet Clara, sometimes people don't have to TRY to give 'fuck me' eyes it just happens. Like what's that muggle saying? the eyes are the windows to the soul or something like that, and your soul quite clearly wants Fred" she replied absolutely beaming, but at least this time she kept her voice in a whisper.

"Besides, he gives you the same eyes. It's dreadfully obvious now, I'm not sure how I've never noticed it before" she said, quickly eyeing the twins over her shoulder- they were still a little bit behind.

"now I know you're lying" I laughed

"fine don't believe me" she huffed "but you know I'm always right in the end"

I felt a firm hand on my shoulder and I got such a fright I think my soul left my body for a second. I spun round wildly and Fred was standing there with a satisfied smile-"aaaand just what are you two ladies whispering about?"

He put his whole arm round my shoulder and continued walking, forcing me to walk in tandem. I looked over and George was doing the same with Ophelia

"we've seen you two whispering and giggling little girls basically the whole walk" George chimed in

"nothing" Ophelia and I said together, exchanging a look

"oh is that so? hear that George nothing they say? Fred said looking right over the top of my head

"pfffffffft" George replied "they must think we're a right bunch of idiots Fred"

"that, we do" I said as I quickly yanked myself away from Fred and started running towards the village, laughing as my feet pounded the ground.

I could hear someone running after me and thinking it was Ophelia, when I was a good distance ahead, I stopped and turned on my heels.

I was met with what felt like a brick wall, that sent me flying backwards; right into a bush beside the path and on top of that, something heavy fell right on top of me.

"I am so sorry Clara, a-are you okay?" Fred was there, looking at me nervously

His puppy dog, brown eyes staring right into mine. Eyes are the window to the souls so what exactly are you thinking Freddie?

"shit, your lip is bleeding, must've cut it on a branch, here let me um-"

He reached his hand up to my face and dragged his thumb over the small cut on the bottom of my lip, wiping away the trickle of blood.

"thanks" I gasped out, I could barely speak hell- I could barely think. We were so close, yet again and I yearned for him to just close the space and kiss me!

Freds eyes were still locked on my lips, he looked completely lost in thought, almost like he was having a debate in this own head. He mindlessly traced my whole bottom lip with his thumb and spoke almost without meaning it-

"mine?"