Deal with it in the morning

Here is an official ~spice~ content warning!! reader discretion is advised and do not dare read this if you are a child, ta xoxo

"I think I'm gonna go to bed now Freddie" I pulled away from him, forcing a slight smile despite feeling weirdly let down on the inside.

"I'll walk you back, Filch is probably on patrol and I'm still not sure you can walk straight yet" he laughed, but it had seemed forced from him too.

I started to walk to the door and almost went crashing into the stalls. Evidently, I haven't quite sobered up yet. Fred wrapped his arms round my waist and shook his head "honestly little bird you really must refine your drinking skills"

Again I forced a laugh but I could hardly look at him.

Then he stepped in front of me, turned his back to me and bent over

"Freddie if you're looking for a compliment on your arse I suggest you find another method"

although I admit it would be rather easy to compliment, the man did have a nice arse.

"No you idiot, you clearly can't walk so we'll have to piggy-back it, back to your dorms"

"you're joking right?" I asked, hoping for once the answer was yes "Freddie we're not 12 anymore".

"what, scared of heights are we Clar?" he jested

"don't flatter yourself, you're not that tall" I rebuked, reluctantly wrapping my arms and legs around his back

"I am" he said standing up,

Ok, He was. I thought to myself

We took the long way back to my dorm, I loved the empty halls at night- the castle is always so awake and busy which, don't get me wrong is great but there's something even more magical about the tranquillity and stillness late at night. And there was no one else I'd rather be walking them with right now or be carried by I guess.

When we entered the common room, I fully expected it to be empty but someone was sitting by the fireplace. It was the Malfoy boy in the year below, he scowled at us and spat "what the bloody hell is HE doing in here, get lost Weaselbee. I heard about you and your brothers pathetic bet taking system at the tournament, let me guess you're trying to make some extra cash so you can buy some clothes that haven't been worn by 6 other people"

I jumped off Fred's back and saw the look on his face, I fully expected anger but it was just sadness and embarrassment. Fred never got embarrassed, he's the most secure person I know. I could feel my heart tear, seeing his bright beautiful face, suddenly drop and redden.

"oh piss off Malfoy" I yelled. Woah, I never yell.

But I am fuming.

"or what Bennet?" he replied mockingly

I lowered my voice and glared at him "or I'll break your fucking wand"

"ooh-ooh-ooh" he teased "and how exactly are you going to get my wand"

I crossed the floor, looked him dead in the eyes and kicked him, right in the crotch.

He doubled over in pain, clutching at his groin.

"Wrong wand arsehole" I shouted as I turned around to see Fred standing there, mouth practically on the floor at what had just happened.

I don't blame him, that really was so unlike me but I couldn't help it I was so angry.

I grabbed Fred's hand and lead him up the stairs, distancing myself as far away from Draco as possible.

I opened the door to my room and yanked Fred in, his mouth still open in astonishment. I shut the door and stood with my back against it, I looked at Fred, biting my lip but I couldn't contain my laughter anymore. I had to let rip, that was the best thing I think I've ever done.