uh oh

Massive simp warning lol

also any feedback is hugely appreciated :)

Here's part 16:

Freds POV

I sat with my head in my hands as laughter whirled around me form George and Lee. On top of that I could hear Ron and Harry laugh at the other end of the table, I don't even want to look at them.

This is so bloody embarrassing.

I mean I've teased George and Ron when this happened to them before but that's different. I don't get teased, I don't do embarrassed or vulnerable.

Except I do, I thought glumly- when it comes to Clara I do. I can't not melt around her. For years I've been able to just keep it together but this year something's changed. I can't control it anymore-literally. Even if I consciously can, it appears my sub-conscious can't.

Wanker.

It was after the first night back and I let myself believe that maybe she did feel a spark there. Then last night, it happened again and again. In the common room, in the bathroom I felt it and I really think maybe, just maybe she did too.

That's why I asked her to the yule ball. What a disaster that was.

I was so beyond nervous to ask her and so when I did, but she didn't immediately say yes; I panicked and came up with the whole 'as 3 best friends' plan (which I should probably actually tell George about soon)

I don't know what I expected her to do- jump off the sink, into my arms and tell me 'yes of course Freddie, oh by the way I'm in love with you and always have been' of course she wasn't going to do that.

I don't know how I could expect that, I didn't even give her time to answer really, but that half second of silence was just too much for me. I couldn't bare the thought of her saying no, so I just used the George thing and I regretted saying it almost instantly.

I regret with my whole heart not just letting her answer. Because I could have sworn I saw disappointment in her eyes and I definitely heard it in her voice when she said "friends?"

Or then again, maybe you didn't Fred you idiot.

I balled my fists to the side of my head, still not opening my eyes, I didn't want to see George and Lee laughing or Harry and Ron and more than anything I don't want to look over to the Slytherin table and see Clara.

I don't know how I'll ever face her.

That...dream was so... real. It didn't feel like a dream at all, I fully expected when I woke up to look around and see the emerald and black dorm room we'd spent the night in and that I'd look down and see Clara in my arms.

I'd stroke her hair and hold her till she woke up, then she'd look at me and we'd both just laugh at what had happened, then we'd tell each other we loved one another and spend the day together- I'd take her on a picnic by the forest, we'd laugh at all the years we wasted just being friends and I'd finally tell her how much she's always meant to me.

But instead I woke up to Lee and George in hysterics, laughing and pointing at my sheets. I was so confused...

After I took Clara back and I thought she had drifted off to sleep, I got up to leave but she came right up behind me and whispered in my ear for me to "stay"- and I did.

Or at least I thought I did.

Apparently she must've really fallen asleep, no getting up to stop me -and I went back to the party, told Ophelia Clara left and went to bed. That's what George told me this morning, but I have no memory of doing any of that, the only memory I have is of what happened with Clara but that isn't even a memory because it didn't even happen. It was just a dream.

That's all things will be with Clar, a dream.

I just hope she doesn't find out about this dream, not like I told anyone who it was about anyways but they've been pestering me about who it was all morning. I could never tell anyone.

Especially not George, who knows what he'd make of it. I will have to tell him about the yule ball arrangements however.

"Oh come on Freddie..." started George "we've all been there" he smirked

I raised my head from my hands. Yeah, but not with our best mate, I thought.

Saying that, I bet Ron has. Maybe I could speak to him? Everyone knows he's mad for Hermione so maybe he's been in the same boat. But then again, the difference is- Hermione evidently feels the same, plain to see. But me and Clara? Not reciprocated.

I glance over to Ron, he's laughing with Harry still and Hermione looks absolutely repulsed.

There's someone beside Hermione who usually isn't. I can only see the back of her, I can't see properly past Longbottoms massive head

But it looks like...

Oh merlin no.

Please tell me it isn't.

Please tell me she hasn't heard.

And just then, Clara turned round from the other end of the table and flashed me one of her precious little half smiles that definitely meant "I heard what happened and I'm sorry you're being ridiculed" because of course she would- she was Clara.

And despite all the embarrassment, all the torment and frustration, the infuriating, confused sense of longing I had-

she smiled at me and everything felt better. Alright even. And I found myself smiling back.

"So Fred. When were you going to tell me your dream was about our Clara then?" George whispered in my ear

And my stomach dropped.