If you can dream it, you can do it

I looked at the picture dad had sent me- mum must be about 17 in it, Harrys dad no older than a few weeks. Mum was holding him on her lap, she looked so happy. Harrys grandparents were in it too, standing behind them making it look like a proper family photo.

Except it wasn't of course, you did have your traditional family of three sure, but you also had the addition of mum who was only there because her own mother wasn't able to look after her.

I can see it now, mum was bearing a grin but in her eyes, there was despair- a pleading loneliness. She may have been holding a new-born baby but she still managed to look like the most fragile one there.

I don't want this picture.

I'll give it to Harry. I suppose he probably doesn't have many and this is his family more than mine. I wonder had Harrys parents never been killed, we might've been raised together like cousins perhaps. I would've liked that and I know Harry would have, from what I've heard about his childhood I'm sure almost anything else would've been a better alternative.

I got up and started to wander over to the Gryffindor table, Harry was with Ron and Hermione but luckily Fred and George were at the opposite end- I'm not ready to face him just yet.

"oh hello Clara" Hermione said, noticing me over Harry and Ron's shoulder.

"morning everyone" I said with a smile, "can I join you for a bit?" I asked

Hermione patted the space beside her and I promptly sat down before the twins could see me.

"Harry..." I started

I was interrupted, hearing an outburst of laughter from the other end of the table. I looked over and saw George, Lee and a smattering of others practically falling off their seats in laughter.

Then I saw Fred with his head in his hands.

Oh dear, what on earth could this be?

It seems the trio was thinking the same, they had all turned their heads in the twins direction as well. Ron declared "I'll go. This has got to be good" and with that he got up and practically ran over to his brothers.

"what's that?" Hermione asked, pointing at the picture in my hand

"oh yeah! That's why I came over here actually... sorry, I- got distracted" I laughed nervously

Idiot.

"Um Harry, I don't mean to be pushy but my dad sent me this photo and well, it's of your dad, when he was a baby" I said sliding the photo across the table "and those are your grandparents..."

"is that your mum holding him? He asked picking up the picture and smiling

"yeah, she um always said your dad was like her little brother. Anyways, I just thought maybe you'd like to keep it?"

"A-are you sure?" harry stuttered, looking at me in shock

"of course, those are your grandparents and your dad Harry. You should have it, I have others"

"Thank you Clara, really. Thanks a lot" he smiled warmly at me, his eyes starting to pool with tears. Weirdly I could feel mines do the same.

That quickly passed when Ron came spilling over, sitting back down next to Harry- completely red in the face "bloody hell" he said shaking his head and laughing.

"well do tell then" Harry said, nudging Ron in the arm

"Last night... after the party...Fred..."

His pauses were infuriating.

"oh spit it out Ronald!" exclaimed Hermione

"Fred, had a...well...I guess you could say..."

Oh for goodness sakes

"he had a...erm... funny dream shall we say"

"A what?" I questioned lowly.

"you know" he winked "a funny dream" he whispered back.

Hermione dropped her bit of toast "my appetites gone"

So has my will to live, I thought.

"hang on, how do you know? How does anyone know?" asked Harry

"George and Lee heard him sleep-talking, among other um... noises" he and Harry both laughed, Hermione looked disgusted and I, ironically feel like I'm in yet another dream.

"what did he say?" I asked

"what?" ron asked looking confused as ever

Except this time I don't blame him for being confused, what kind of question is that?

"like what did he say? How do you know that *that* happened in his dream?" I asked, trying desperately to sound normal

"well, aside from the obvious noises Clara... George said he heard him say the word 'Mine' but like, as a question..."

No way.

"... and then something like, 'you are perfect' then they think he said a girls name but not sure who" Ron said whilst now piling food on his plate

What. The. Fuck.

"brilliant" said Harry laughing, Ron quickly joining in

How is this even possible? Have we both really had the same dream? The same sex dream? The same sex dream with EACHOTHER?!

What the bloody hell does that even mean?

It can't mean he feels the same, there is no way he feels the same.