Family Ties

Quick note- I started writing this for my friends Hannah and Grace so if you're not either of them but you're reading this, thank you so much! 

If you are Hannah or Grace- hey home slices :)

Please let me know what you're thinking so far!

Also- the videos linked above chapters contain ambient sounds of what would be heard in the background of each chapter- (if that makes sense? lol) 

the one above is the great hall, but halloween themed because today is the 31st!

So happy halloween but more importantly, remember this is the day Lily and James Potter were slaughtered in their home xoxo

From one Fred simp to another- Enjoy!

I could not believe what I was looking at. That girl in the picture looked exactly like me. Her hair was shorter and she was in Hufflepuff robes but everything else was uncanny.

"She- she looks just like me... h-how is that even possible?" I asked not expecting an answer

"Well, either we found your doppelgänger or she's a relative of yours" replied George, all three of us still not taking our eyes off the girl in the picture.

"what if it's your mums mum Clar?" Fred asked

"yeah... I um, guess it could be. I never met her I mean, she died when I was two but I never met her. Mum hadn't even seen her since she was a teenager herself" I said lowly

Fred and George shuffled awkwardly, "can we ask why?" Fred spoke up.

"to be honest I don't really know. Mum hardly ever spoke about her or what her childhood was like, not to me and not even to dad. All I know is that my grandmother had my mum really young and was very... troubled..." I let myself trail off.

"troubled as in...?" pried George

"a bit loony really" I replied. Fred and George were now looking right at me, not the picture as worry grew on their faces.

"when mum was growing up my grandmother was in and out of -" I cleared my throat "those places for mental people and when mum started Hogwarts she was put in one permanently. It was her neighbours who basically raised mum and took her in- Euphemia and Fleamont Potter"

"Harrys grandparents?" Fred quizzed "that's how your mum knew James Potter?"

"yeah, he was like a little brother to her" I said sadly, I remembered how upset my mum would get every year around the anniversary of his death.

"we could go through old school records you know, to find out if that really is your grandmother?" George asked politely

"well it's either that or Clara's actually some sort of non-aging time traveller" Fred smirked, looking back at the photo "so maybe we should try and find out".

I let out a small laugh "excuse me if any of us look like a time traveller, it's most definitely you two" I looked at them both and whilst the effects of the aging potion had started to wear off, they still had grey hair and wrinkles but they looked maybe 50ish now instead of late 70s.

"you know, looking at the both of you, I feel like I'm seeing a glimpse of my future" I said smiling at them both

"are you trying to say you want to grow old with us little bird?" Fred said putting his arm round me, George following suit.

"I'm saying, that there won't ever be a day in my life when you two idiots aren't my best friends, even when we're old and can barely walk" I said smiling warmly at both of them meaning every word I said with my whole heart.

"well that's good" Fred started,

"because we feel exactly the same" George finished.

We walked to the great hall for dinner and by the time we reached it, there was some ginger starting to appear back in the twins hair. At long last.

I made my way over to the Slytherin table and found Jade and Ophelia bickering about something

"get off your high horse Jade!" I could hear Ophelia pelt

Oh boy, I hated it when they argue. They had the tendency to get venomous sometimes

"I am not on a high horse! Which, bold statement coming from you miss Olivander- acting like your shit doesn't stink like the rest of us" snapped back Jade

"woah woah woah!" I held my hands up and deliberately sat in between them "what in Merlins beard are you arguing about now" I quizzed.

"Jade's lying to me" Ophelia spat

"Ophelia is paranoid" Jade scoffed

"oh please she's been sketchy all day, people haven't seen her AND did you know Clara she cut quidditch try-outs early with no explanation" said Ophelia accusingly

I was shocked at this, if anything Jade would make them run longer.

"the Gryffindor team needed the pitch, we HAD to leave" she bit back, extremely defensive.

"well to be fair Jade, that's never stopped you before. Normally you'd just refuse until you were finished" I said calmly

"I just don't know how you could sit here and bare face lie to your best friends. Just be honest with us and tell us what you were doing- or rather who?" Ophelia said, a sly smirk appearing on her face.

Jade choked on whatever it was she was attempting to eat "excuse me?" she exclaimed

"oh please Jade I saw how flustered you were coming in here and your eyes, they gave it away. I know the post-sex shame look verryyyyy well" she continued on, with every word looking more and more smug.

Before I could even respond Jade got up- "I won't even dignify that with a response" she barked as she started to storm off.

I looked at a very proud Ophelia, she looked at me and laughed. I couldn't help but laugh as well.

"Guilty" I smiled

"Oh most definitely" she beamed.

The rest of dinner was as eventful as the start, the champions were chosen for the tournament and to no one's surprise it was; Victor Krum, a Beauxbaton named Fleur and Diggory. However to everyone's surprise, Harry Potters name was spat out as well and that sent the whole student body population into complete chaos and uproar. I was scared for him, I wanted Harry to be safe and my mum would've wanted the same.

I spent the rest of the night thinking about my mum and grandmother, what things must've been like for them and above all I wanted to know what it was that drove my grandmother to insanity.

Come to think of it, I didn't even know my grandmothers name. My mum when asked for her maiden name would just sign 'P.' for the Potters I but I don't know what her birth name was and whether she had my grandmothers last name or grandfathers.

Mind you, grandfather is a word I never heard growing up, from what I gather- my mum never knew her dad or even who he was and my grandmother had been pretty determined to keep it that way.

I was going to have to send an owl to dad, I knew he wouldn't know a great deal but he might at least know her first name so I get out a piece of parchment and my quill.

Here goes-

Dear Dad,