Nobody lies with firewhiskey

Jade, Ophelia and I were all unpacking and chatting about the tournament and the feast when it hit me just how much I had missed all of this. We were in our 5th year now which meant we had to really make the most of everything. Hogwarts has felt more like home than home since mum died, she died in the summer after my 1st year, I haven't liked being home since. In truth I've spent very little time there, the first Christmas without mum I had to spend in New York with dad's family and whilst he's gone every year since, I've spent mine at the burrow with Fred and George the last couple years.

They know things with my dad are bad- though they say they can't understand why but honestly neither can I. We used to be so close, I knew things would change after mum but I feel like he just wants to forget mum, me and the whole life we had together. I spend a lot of my time at the burrow during summer too, Molly says she likes it when I'm around she thinks I'm a good influence on the twins; she's right of course.

I also spent time at Ophelia's house this summer, so I only ever had to spend a week at home which dad just happened to 'have' to head over to work in the States the entire time. He didn't even ask me to come, he knows I would have said no.

God I miss my mum. I start tearing up when Ophelia brings out a bottle of firewhiskey and shakes it obnoxiously in my face. "C'mon Clar, first night traditions!" she exclaimed

I laughed and said "you're on" leaving behind my thoughts of my parents and what might've been.

Ophelia was right, it had become first night tradition between the 3 of us to just get absolutely wasted and talk shit.

"Okay Jade you first" said Ophelia, passing her the bottle.

Then we all took our first swig, the unpleasant yet familiar burning ran up and down my throat. I've never been the best drinker but at least my eyes don't water anymore.

We were drinking and gossiping to the point where we were pretty tipsy which signified one thing- we had to start playing truths.

"Alright game on" said Jade, "Clara would you shag that Drumstag boy who winked at you tonight?"

I almost choked. "Merlin Jade don't hold back." She raised her eyebrow at me "no, no I wouldn't" I answered,

"You what?!" questioned Ophelia. "He was stunning and he looked VERY strong, the type that would throw you around"

I threw my pillow at her "I don't want to be thrown around thank you very much" I laugh

"How terribly boring" she rolled her eyes at me.

"Fine. 'Phelia just exactly who is the best you've had in bed?" I asked her (and I'll admit I'm genuinely curious about the answer.)

"you ask that like I've slept with half of the school" she remarked.

Jade and I looked at each other.

"It is NOT half" she demanded. "It's only been 5 I've slept with. Snogged is a different story, half is probably pretty spot-on but in terms of best? Diggory was pretty good"

"Diggory? As in Cedric Diggory? When did you sleep with him?!" questioned Jade

"ugh the last night of term before summer last year, remember the big group of us went to the three broomsticks and everyone went back to the Gryffindor common room for Fred and George's party?"

"yes obviously"

"well let's just say I got lost and ended up in the Hufflepuff common room instead"

"You mean their boys dorms" I chimed in

"Well that's just splitting hairs there Clar" she remarked "speaking of splitting hairs, how exactly do you tell the Weasley twins apart? I mean it's been five years and I still can't. Don't think I'll ever be able to, not unless one of them... oh I don't know loses an arm or an ear or something."

Jade and I both laughed. "I don't know really, I've just always been able to. Sounds ridiculous but they are very different people, a lot of the time no one bothers to separate them and forgets they're their own individual person" I said.

"Yeah I'd hate being a twin, I mean it's bad enough Dean and I being a year apart but I couldn't imagine being the same age and around each other 24/7" Jade stated.

"I'm glad you're not twins either" said Ophelia, "he probably wouldn't be nearly as good looking if he looked like you" she grinned.

That earned her another pillow to the face. "I swear to god 'Phelia if you shag my brother I will sacrifice you to Fluffy"

Ophelia just smiled. "Anyways Clara, you were saying?"

"Oh yeah, um how I tell them apart. I suppose it just comes natural now but if you're looking for something physical then- George has a slightly longer face and when he smiles, his mouth opens a bit so you can see everything where-as Fred is a little tighter and less... teethy"

"Teethy?" Jade queried

"well you get what I mean" I replied "oh and if you notice that when they speak, Fred normally starts the sentence but George will finish it"

"I'd love to say that helps, but I'll be honest I don't think I'll remember any of that" said Ophelia, downing yet another swig of firewhiskey.

"Can't say that's at all surprising" said Jade rolling her eyes "which one would you say is the fittest?"

"how should I know?" replied Ophelia "Clara? You must fancy at least one of them?"

"They're my best friends!" I exclaimed "that'd be like me fancying one of you"

"oh, come on you've never considered it?" Jade asked

"what? No, I love you both but not like- "

Jade interrupted "no you idiot, I mean Fred and George"

"ohhhhh, I mean they're attractive don't get me wrong I don't think they're ugly by a longshot but I don't think I could say I fancy either of them. George is quite literally the older brother I never had and Fred is just- well Fred, he's like my comfort blanket you know?"

"but not like a brother?" Jade asked suspiciously

"no, not exactly see George treats me the exact same way he treats Ginny I mean we even argue like proper siblings sometimes but me and Fred are different I guess" I replied

"different cause you fancy each other" piped up Ophelia, practically slurring her words at this point.

"we do not!" I barked "he does not" I said under my breath.

Jade and Ophelia looked at each other, raising their eyebrows

I was just about to break the silence when a knock at the door did it for me.