He nodded and smiled. "Okay, just get some rest. Everything will be fine", he said, and moved Mum and Dad a few feet away. I felt so uncomfortable under the strangers' stares, so I closed my eyes, and pretended to sleep. "I think the situation is a bit more complicated than we think", I heard the doctor say, and I listened harder.

"She has partial amnesia", Mum gasped, and I frowned. Amnesia? "Was that the last memory of her brother?", he asked. Mum said something I couldn't catch no matter how hard I tried. "That explains it. Its a 50/50 percent chance that she gets her memory back. For now, we just have to observe, and hope for another miracle. Like I said, it is a miracle she's alive in the first place", he paused, and Mum sobbed gently, Dad held her in her arms. "We have to surround her with people that she loves, we have to do things that can trigger her memory, and just hope for the best", he finished. "Thank you doctor", Dad said.

They moved towards me, and I smiled. "You're gonna be okay, baby", she held my hand. The strange people left the room on doctor's orders and I sighed in relief. I might have known them, but right now, they were all strangers to me. "When's Zion, J and Dare coming?", I asked. The door bursted open, and J sighed. She ran to me, and hugged me. "Ow", I said, and she released me immediately. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry", she said. "Are you hurt, are you okay?", she asked. I chuckled a little, and stared at her. "I'm okay, J", I said. Dare cried, as he stared at me. "Hey big brother", I smiled. "Jola", he called and wrapped me gently in his arms. I giggled, and wiped his tears.

"Why are you crying? See, I'm perfectly fine", I said. I glanced at the door, and frowned. I didn't see his smile, his bright honey brown eyes and I was getting worried. "Is Zion not coming?", I asked. Dare frowned, and J gasped. "Let me talk to you guys for a minute", Dad said and ushered them out of the room. Mum smiled at me and kissed my hair. "Mum, how'd I get here in the first place?", I asked.

"A car accident", she said. "I can drive?", I asked, and she chuckled. "Yeah, yeah you can", she said. "But I'm 14", I said. She looked away, not knowing what to say. "How much time did I lose?", I asked, she turned to me so quickly I worried about her getting a whiplash. "I heard what the doctor said to you", I said, she sighed deeply. "You're not gonna spank me, are you? You hate people eavesdropping on your conversation", I stated, she rubbed my hair and chuckled. "No, I think you get a pass on this one", she said.

"So, how much time did I lose?", I asked. "A year", she replied. I gasped, I didn't know how to process this. "We are in April though, right?", I asked. She shook her head, and caressed my hair. "No, December", she said. I looked out the window, and true to her words, snow was falling. "But, I, last I can remember, I was 14, going to 15", I paused. "How old am I now?", I asked. "You clocked 16 few days back", she said. "Wait, its not Christmas yet, right? Christmas is Zion's favorite holiday, and I'd die if I can't remember spending it with him", I said. She looked away, avoiding my eyes. "What's wrong?", I asked. "You got into an accident on Christmas", she said.

"Wow, Zion must be really worried. Where's he Mum? I wanna talk to him", I said. "Baby", she paused, and I could see she was trying not to break down. Dad entered with J and Dare and I smiled at them. "J, I love you guys, but come on, where's Zion? Why won't he come see me?", I asked. J reached me and held my hands. "You don't remember?", she asked, and I shook my head. "He traveled, yeah, he hasn't been at home some some while now", she said. "Traveled? Where?", I asked. "He had to go take charge of one of our companies abroad, and hasn't been back", she said. "In fact, I just spoke to him just now, and he's doing great", she smiled.

I gasped, and sat up. "I wanna talk to him, please", I said. J looked at Dare for help. "Knowing Zion, he wouldn't hesitate a second to come back home if he knew you got in an accident. And he's aiming to win some huge contract that could take our company to the next level", he smiled. "Still", I pouted, disappointed. "You know what would make him happy? If you get well, and healthy", Mum said. "Okay", I smiled. I closed my eyes and sighed. I was a bit exhausted. "I'd like to rest now", I said. "Sure baby, go to sleep", she said.