Chapter 27: The Uno Reverse Card

It had been a week since Jer had begged me to give him a chance, seven days with the letters I was sending to Gabriel. It progressed, I'll admit cause he'd been more than friendly to me. I wouldn't call what we had between us right then friendship, but it was really really close to it, and he'd talk to me frequently and was no longer avoiding me. It made Blair mad like crazy, and it made me happy. We hadn't taken any more steps, just a few conversations here and there, I was just grateful he didn't hate me that much anymore.

Gabby had told me Gabriel told her he wanted to wait till the 26th day but didn't tell her the reason even though all he wanted to do was hug me tight and never let me go. Everything was okay again, well, everything except Jer. He'd been avoiding me like crazy and I was so sad he was mad at me. But I didn't know what to do, Gabby had told me to give him time but it was not that easy. Every moment I spent apart from him was torture for me. I was not used to not talking to him for that long. Jer always made me smile, and I missed him a great deal.

I groaned as I stretched to put off my alarm. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I grabbed my phone to text Jer again.
Me: Hey Jer. Please talk to me. I miss you okay? Text me back, I know you've been reading all my messages. Just let me know if you are okay, please. I sighed as I put my phone down, and pulled my hair in frustration. "It's time to get up", Mum called. "I'm up", I replied. I pulled my hair in frustration again, when Jer read the message but failed to text me back again. "Fuck", I said. I hated this, why does everything have to be so complicated? I sighed before I rushed to the bathroom to do my business.

I went downstairs just to see Mum dressed in a formal wear, all business. She was wearing a suit, and I glanced at her tight bun, wondering if she wouldn't get an headache for being that tight. "Hey, what's going on?", I asked. "I have a huge important meeting, and I'm running late, so Dad will take you to school, okay?", she asked. Dad waved two fingers at me, and I smiled. "But what about breakfast?", I asked. "With the way you look, I think you could do without breakfast for a day", Mum eyed me. "Damn, you didn't have to be so mean", I muttered. "Its the truth", Mum shrugged. She gave Dad a quick kiss, before taking her bag, and muttering a quick bye. "That meeting must be so important for her to be so worked up like that", I said to Dad.

He laughed. "Come on, let's get you to school", he said. "What about breakfast?", I moaned. "Come on now", Dad said. "Just for the record, I am not happy about this", I said, as I rode shotgun. Dad dropped me off, and gave me 200 bucks to compensate for not having breakfast. "So, today's letter I right?", Gabby asked, when she joined me at my locker. She always did that to make me not miss Jer that much, it didn't work but I didn't have the heart to tell her that. Jer meant more than that to me. "Damn, you keep account of this than I do", I said. Gabby shrugged. "I can't wait to see him happy again, and you of course", she added. "And what the hell are you both waiting for? Can't you just kiss and begin your romantic life already? What's the delay?", she asked. "I second that by the way", Skyy joined in.

"I mean, I don't know", I said as I brought out my books. "I want to see you guys together, come on already", Gabby groaned.  "You don't think I want that? He's being stubborn. He wants me to finish the 26 days challenge, before everything could go back to normal", I said. "I just want this to speed up, cause I want the both of you to be happy, as soon as possible", she said. I nodded. "Me too", I said. I looked up just to see Jer, coming down the hallway but paused when he saw me. I opened my mouth to say hi, and he turned around immediately and walked the opposite direction.

"Still haven't sorted that out?", Skyy asked me. "Nope, I feel horrible about Jer", I said. "He'll have to suck it up", Gabby said, as we entered the class. "He hates me now", I said. I sighed as I settled down, and waited for Mr Steven to show up. They were still presenting their homework, but since I'd  done mine out of the way, it was safe to I didn't listen to any word taught in class. "Psst, Jola", Gabby whispered. I glanced at Mr Steven discreetly, so as not to draw his attention, before I turned to Gabby. "What?", I whispered. "Its almost lunch, are you all set for letter I?", she asked. "Yeah, I am", I said. She nodded, and turned back to Mr Steven's lecture. I smiled, when I remembered the gift I'd bought for Gabriel for today. A stare broke my attention, and I turned to see Jer looking at me. Seeing Jer that sad just made me want to hug him and never let him go.