Chapter 32: The Fuck Up

I sighed in relief as I came out of the hall. I'd just finished my last paper and as I patiently waited for my friends, I couldn't help but be happy. Now, I didn't have to think about school, all I had in mind was eat, sleep, wake up, and just do it all over again. I leaned against my locker as I put in my books, I wouldn't be needing them for a long while. It was enough to put me in a very good mood. I searched around the hall, satisfied no one was in sight, I did a ridiculous dance, where I was rolling my hand around my waist in a weird motion, I jumped a little and twirled. I knew I looked like a fool, but right then, it didn't matter to me. I was about to roll on the floor, a move I'd seen all those hip hop dancers do when I saw someone looking at me, and I froze immediately.

I cleared my throat, as I looked at anywhere but Gabriel. He looked like he wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. "Yeah, I was just", I tried to clear myself. He smiled. "Nice moves you got there", he teased. "Shut up", I smiled. He moved closer to me. "No, I'm serious. You should consider taking up a dance class, you dance like a professional already, so why not?", he said. "I'm glad you find my embarrassment so amusing", I said. "Only because I think its cute", he said, and my heart jumped a little as I stared at him. To Gabby's chagrin, I hadn't find the time to talk to him like Marissa had pleaded. I'd given excuses like I was busy with school work, which was half true. But the real reason I kept postponing the inevitable was because I was scared of talking to him. I feared talking to him would bring out my emotions, and being a bitch was much more easier since it didn't reveal much vulnerability.

I broke eye contact, and scolded the butterflies in my stomach for eating at my organs once again. "So, how was the last paper?", I asked, to clear the awkward silence and make him stop staring at me so intently. "Yeah, it was okay", he said. "Of course it was, its Gabriel Brown after all", I said. He laughed. "I don't think I'm that smart", he said. "Why not? You are one of the smartest person I know and that's saying something since I'm surrounded by geniuses", I said. "I don't think I'm as smart as you say", he said. "Why?", I asked, in confusion. "Cause I don't think a smart person would let someone like you go", he said. Once again, I was caught in his eyes and I couldn't remove my gaze. I'd thought staying away from Gabriel for a while would make all what I'd felt, and feel for him fade away, but that was not the case.

He moved my hair behind my ear, and his eyes never left mine. "I'm the most stupid person on earth cause I let someone special go, I let the person that brought me the greatest joy go. I know I don't deserve you, I've been an asshole to you, I made you cry, and words can even begin to show how sorry I am", he said softly, and I couldn't stop staring at his big warm brown eyes. "I am so so sorry", he said. "Gabriel", I muttered.

"Take that bitches, I am done", Gabby yelled as she hit the door. I whirled away from Gabriel, and as I turned to stare at her, I knew even if she didn't see us, she knew something happened. "So, how was it?", I asked. She shook her head. "Like taking candy from a baby", she said. I laughed as I hugged her. "That easy huh?", I teased. "Hey, what can I say? I'm a genius", she said. "Evil twin", she said, before she jumped on him. "Oof", Gabriel wheezed. "Did you add weight?", he teased, and Gabby looked at him in shock. "Was that a joke? Did my brother, after weeks of ignoring me, tell me a joke?", she asked. He sighed, before he brought her closer to him, and hugged her. "I'm so sorry I pushed you away. I was an idiot, a jerk, an asshole, a mother-", he sighed. "Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. Yeah, you were all those things", she paused, and laughed, when Gabriel playfully glared at her. "But, I understand. And I'm happy things are sorted out between both of you now", she said, as she stared at me.

Uh oh, seeing Gabby's face, she'd assumed Gabriel and I had kissed, made up, and just in the span of ten minutes that we left the hall, dating. I opened my mouth to tell her that was not the case when the door opened and Skyy came out. "Bitches", she yelled, before jumping on Gabby and I. "What is it with you people and yelling?", I teased, as I hugged her. "Yelling gets things done", Gabby shrugged. "Uh, I don't think that's the case", I said. "Guys, we are done. We are done, now I just want to have fun and forget school exist", she said. "Preach sis", Gabby gave her a high five.