Chapter 21: The Consequences

I groaned, as I woke up the next morning. I clutched my head, as I tried to stand up. Someone knocked gently, and I opened my eyes. "Come in", I said, sitting up slowly. "Hey J", J said, jumping on the bed beside with me. "Are you okay?", she asked. I nodded, and groaned when I felt a sharp pain in my temple. "Migraine", I said. She went out, and returned with painkillers, and handed them to me. I popped the tablet, before taking a sip of water. I smiled in gratitude, as she took the glass from me. "You still have an hour before you get up for school. Want me to stay with you?", she asked. I nodded, and I rested my head on her shoulders. "Its okay, I'm here, you can sleep", she said. I drifted off, her voice pulling me into the dark.

I jumped when the alarm sounded, and I reached to turn it off. I gently removed J's hand wrapped around me, as I stood up not wanting to wake her up. I smiled when I realized the migraine had gone, and I went about my business. I looked at the time, I was running a bit late, and I dashed out the door, closing it gently so as not to wake J who was still sleeping. Dare was waiting for me by his car, and he looked up when he saw me. "Hey", he said. I smiled, as I stuffed my face with bread, while entering shotgun. Who said you couldn't do two things at the same time?

We got to school, just as the bell rang. I ran to my locker, without so much as waving Dare bye. I noticed everyone staring at me, but I ignored them, thinking it was just the usual. I half walked, half ran to Math, and I smiled instantly when I saw Gabby and Skyy. "That's her", someone pointed. "She's such a slut", another girl whispered. "Good morning", I said, Skky and Gabby turned to me. Just then, I noticed Gabriel enter the class, and I sighed. Gabby's face cut into my thoughts, as she stared at someone behind me. I trailed her eyes to Blair, and her friends, which included Starr, who looked at me smugly.

"What's wrong?", I asked. Skyy glanced at me worriedly, as she passed me her phone. I grabbed it, wondering what she wanted me to see. My hands stilled when I saw the video. I gaped at it, as I shook my head in disbelief. It was the video of me and Jer kissing. I stared at myself in horror, as I grabbed Jer closer to me, moaning. I dropped the phone in shock, and I looked at Starr. Betrayal filled my heart, and she smirked at me. She didn't matter, not right now. I glanced at Gabriel.

I watched in horror as he brought out his phone, and watched the video, my heart threatening to come out of its cage. I've never felt this kind of fear in my entire life, not even when Alison, stabbed me with the knife. I feared Gabriel was gonna hate me forever, and when his eyes met mine, I knew I'd lost him. So many feelings stared back at me. Hurt, shock, betrayal, disgust, heartbreak, and anger. Gabriel was livid as he stared at me, and with a growl, he left the classroom. I followed him, ignoring every insults thrown at me.

Right now, their opinion of me means shit, all that mattered was Gabriel. I stared down the hallway, he was gone. Where did he go to so fast? I took a guess and went right, but I didn't see him. I jumped when I heard something break, and I trailed the sound. I winced, when another I heard another smash. The sound of Gabriel breaking furniture and glass greeted me. I gasped at the sight, and he turned to me, seeing me made him more angry, and he turned and smashed the table to pieces.

"Gabriel", I called. Another table smashed. "Gabriel stop", I said. He turned and walked towards me in anger. Right then, I wished I hadn't stopped him, at least his anger wouldn't be focused on me. He cornered me, as he stared down at me. "You. Kissed. Him", he said, in a voice so low, I feared for my life. I gulped. "Gabriel, I'm sorry. It just happened, I swear, it didn't mean anything", I stammered. He punched the wall, and I whined. "You kissed him, Jolayemi. You kissed him", he said. I nodded, understanding what he was saying. Right now, nothing else mattered to him, except the fact that I kissed Jer back. I nodded weakly. "Yes, I admitted. "You mean nothing to me, henceforth", he said, before leaving. I sat down on the floor, and clutched my chest, as the tears came out in torrents. I cried, and cried, and cried.