Chapter 38: The Indoor Games

I yawned and got up from the bed. Starr was still asleep, so I got up quietly and tiptoed to the bathroom so as not to wake her up. I smiled in content as the warm water filled the tub and I entered. I sighed and looked around the bathroom. My mind was filled with different thoughts, each going away as soon as I thought of them. Dad, Mum, J, Dare, Gabby, Jer, and Gabriel. Gabriel, now he was complicated. I thought I was done with him, I thought I'd finally moved on with Jer and my feelings for Gabriel was gone but peering at his soul yesterday made me think otherwise.

Why the hell couldn't I get rid of him? No matter how much I tried to not think of him, I always somehow do just that. Why did he get under my skin so much? I mean, I love Jer, I was happy. So why did my heart yearn for something else? I groaned, and gripped my hair. All these thoughts wasn't doing me much good. I slowly went under the bathtub, holding my breath and I opened my eyes. The ceiling looked distorted from under here. I stayed like that for some moments before going back up to catch some air.

I wiped my eyes to clear the water. A soft knock distracted me, and I looked up. "Yeah?", I called. "Are you okay? You've been there for a while", Starr said softly. "Hi, yeah. Sorry, I'll be right out", I said. I sighed, and got out of the tub. I wrapped my towel around my body, and got out of the bathroom. "Hey", I said. "Hi", she said. "I didn't mean to rush you. I was just worried for a sec", she said. "Its okay. Sorry, I was just thinking about things", I said. She nodded, not wanting to pry.

I watched her close the door behind her as she went to bathe. I sighed and grabbed my phone.
Me: You up?  I put it down when there was no response for a minute. I should go get ready. I was about to pick a shirt when I saw Gabriel's and I paused. I inhaled his scent again and smiled. The door opened and I quickly put the cloth back in and took out my shirt. Starr stared at me, not saying anything as she grabbed something and went back in. Great, she just caught me sniffing Gabriel's cloth like a stalker.

I dressed up quickly, and grabbed my phone to see if he had replied.
Jer: No. I smiled and shook my head.
Me: How was the Winner's Crib?
Jer: I'm having a huge hungover, I'll tell you all about it when I have coffee in my system.
Me: You're drunk?!
Jer: You're yelling, and that's not helping. I'll tell you all about it later. See you downstairs?
Me: I'm on my way. You've got some explaining to do. You better believe that.
Jer: Shit.

I grabbed my purse and left the room. I saw Gabby talking to Leandre and Skyy, and I approached them. "Hey", Gabby said, and hugged me. "Did you sleep well?", Leandre asked. "Yeah. Have you seen the boys?", I asked. They shook their heads and we craned our neck to search for the three of them. "There they are", Gabby pointed. I trailed her hands to the boys' location, they were by the coffee maker, holding their heads as if they were in pain, and sipping coffee. Leandre frowned. "Are they hungover?", she asked, as we approached them.

I nodded, "They definitely are", I said. "Shit", I heard Jer mutter when he saw me. I crossed my arms, and watched him. "Before you say anything, I want you to know", he said, and paused. I raised my eyebrows, and he pointed at Mike, and Mark. "Its their fault, they told me to drink, so I did", he said. "Come on man", Mark said. Mike turned to Leandre. "He's lying. That's not what happened. He convinced me to drink, so I did", he said. I turned to the girls. "So, its a game of whodunit", I said, and Skyy smiled.

"I'm sorry, its just, you girls were not there with us, and we basically had to watch people have sex, so the boys and I agreed to get drunk and talk boys talk. Then one drink turned to another, and then another, and that's what got us here. So if we look at it, its your fault, cause if you girls were there, this wouldn't have happened", Jer said. "Exactly", Mark agreed. "Wow, so its our fault now?", Skyy asked, and the boys nodded. "You should be the one apologizing to us in the first place", Jer huffed, and folded his arms, as he stared at me. "You've gotta be kidding me", Leandre said, and I held up a hand to stop her.

JolayemiOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara