Chapter 5: The Weekends

You know the saying 'time flies when you're having fun'? Well, it does even when you're not having fun. A week has passed since the lunch incident, the girls and I getting closer each day. One would think the students would find another hubby other than bullying me but that doesn't seem to be the case. Looks like making someone cry and feel horrible was the new trend and its not tiring, well, not to them at least.

It was Saturday and after an awful week, I was one, here for it. My parents were not around, leaving my siblings and I at home. I stretched in my bed, happy my alarm clock, which was Mum truly, wasn't around to wake me up. I picked up my phone, it was 11:55am. I yawned, and opened my phone to check what was going on on social media. Normally, I didn't have time to check out people's life online, but I guess ten minutes wouldn't hurt. I was laughing at a meme I saw on twitter when I checked the time, 12:31pm.

I gasped as I dropped my phone, surprised I'd let time pass me by without noticing. Damn, social media sure was very addicting. I wiped my eyes, as I let at an awful sound while stretching. Yawning, I stood up and went to the bathroom. Putting the toothpaste on my toothbrush, I let my eyes wander across my bathroom, doing anything to avoid the mirror. I glanced at the magnets on my sink. Each of them was from my siblings. I smiled at the basket ball magnet. Dare had always loved playing basket ball. I remembered when he'd won a game back in high school, he'd been so excited he hugged everyone of us.

Then later, he'd pulled me aside and said "Because you're my littlest sister, I got this for you", he pressed the magnet onto my hand. "Its to show you that no matter what, in so far as you put your heart", he pointed at my chest, "And your head", pointed at my head, "You, Jolayemi, can achieve anything in the world, even the impossible", he finished. I teared up a bit after that. and hugged him so tight, he literally had to tear me away from him, whilst laughing. "I love you too teddy", he said.

I smiled at the memory, as I rinsed my mouth. I glanced at the next magnet and I rolled my eyes as I beamed. It was a shoe magnet, which J had given me. I smiled as I reminisced. I was in the bathroom when J knocked. She entered without my permission and trailed my annoyed voice at her lack of privacy to the bathroom. I hid my body under the foam as I glared at her. "Can't you knock? What if I was indecent?", I asked pointedly. She rolled her eyes and sat down on the soft sofa in the bathroom, crossing her leg.

"Trust me, if I see what I haven't seen before, I'd throw a dollar at it", she said. I gaped at her, thinking of a comeback. "Hey, what's that?", she asked, noticing the magnet. She picked it, and inspected it. I sighed, before delving into the story and ending it with a sigh filled with awe at how amazing Dare is. "Hmm", she said, thinking. I shrugged it off, as I looked at her pointedly.

"Uh, a little privacy, please?", I asked. She rolled her eyes before leaving me finally. The next day, when I was reading one of my novels, J stormed in, still not waiting for my "Come in", before entering. "Here", she said, handing me a something. I stared at her inquisitively before taking it. It was a shoe magnet, a red shoe which looks like one of hers and I smiled. "I gave you this, to show you that you can never have too much clothes", she beamed. I smiled at her, before nodding. "The point is, you need more clothes", she said before closing the door. I stood up, and placed the shoe magnet beside the ball magnet.

I blinked as I stared at the third one. Tears came to my eyes as I remembered. I picked the magnet to inspect it, it was a black violin, given to me by him. I kissed it, and I placed it back before leaving the bathroom. I wore my duck slippers, I was always happy with the way it sounded with every step I took as I went to J's room. I rolled my eyes at the door, glitters were sprayed there, right next to the inscription 'Jecintha's room'. Sometimes, J's personality had me worried for her, but I knew how deadly she could also be when provoked. Take for instance the man in the mall. I shivered at the memory.