Chapter 39: The Reconciliation

My phone pinged, I groaned and picked it up. I smiled when I saw who the text was from.

J: Face time?

I shot her a reply, that I would love to, and in the same second, her face popped up. I smiled when I saw her smile.

"J", she said.

"God, you have no idea how much I miss you, do you?", I said, and she beamed.

"I missed you too", she said.

"How come we haven't talked in a while?", I asked, and she sighed.

"J, I'm stressed. Exam's starting next week, that's why I've been so busy", she said.

"Ah, what exam can faze my sister, the great brilliant Jecintha?", I teased.

"Thank you J, but this is college, and I'm kinda worried", she said.

I clicked my teeth. "I believe in you, you got this", I said.

"Thank you", she smiled. "

So, how's David?", I asked, and wiggled my eyebrows.

"Stop doing that", she said.

"So, how's he?", I asked.

"He's okay. We had dinner together the other day", she paused and stared at me.

"How's Jer?", she asked.

"Jer's...Jer", I said.

We talked for a few more minutes and I laughed at something she said when the awful whistle sounded.

"Bloody hell, what's that awful sound?" she asked.

"That, my dear sister, is courtesy of Mr. Ben, our wakeup call. Believe it or not, I've been listening to that awful sound for a few days now", I said.

"Alright, guess that means you gotta go?", she asked.

"Sadly yes", I said.

"I miss you J", she replied.

I blew her a kiss. "I'll talk to you later okay?", I said, and she nodded and cut the call.

Starr stretched in her bed and opened her eyes. She saw me looking at her, and smiled.

"Hi", she said.

"Hi", I replied awkwardly and looked away. Try as I may, still felt weird talking to her.

"Do you wanna use the bathroom first?", she asked.

"All yours", I said.

She nodded and went to do her business. I laid down and sighed. It felt weird talking to her cause there was still bad blood between us. I wanted to forgive her, but I couldn't help thinking Gabriel and I would have been happy if it wasn't for her. But on the other hand, if it hadn't been for her, I wouldn't be in a relationship with my amazing boyfriend. So I was torn into two.

Gabriel was always with Nessa, and this time, it didn't seem like he was doing it to make me jealous. No, it looked like he was hanging with her because it was something he wanted to do. She wouldn't stop clinging to him, and he didn't mind one bit. They were always together, it made me wonder if they were an item. Somehow, the thought made me sick to my stomach.

Gabby also shared my sentiment, cause she always had a frown on her any time she saw Nessa with Gabriel. The opposite could be said for Jer. He liked the idea of them together and was even friends with her to both mine and Gabriel's disdain.

Starr opened the door, and I looked up. "All yours", she said.

I smiled and got in to do my business. When I came out, she wasn't in the room. Like always, I brought out Gabriel's sweatshirt and sniffed it. It became a habit over the last few days. I clutched it to my chest and heaved a sigh. I put them back and wore my clothes, grabbed my phone, and backpack, and left the room. As always, we were gathered in the hall for breakfast. Jer smiled when he saw me and gave me a quick kiss.