Chapter 28: The Study Session

This chapter is dedicated to boosaryor. Thank you so much girl, for your encouragement and love. P.S happy birthday! I love you.

It'd been a few days since I kissed Jer in the hallway, and publicly updated my relationship status. It was a little bit strange, being in a relationship, I didn't know what to do, or how to act, but seeing as my boyfriend was no other than Jer, it also felt natural. I had to say, Gabby and Skyy were not happy with the way I handled things. But I'd spoken to them to be happy for me, cause I was with Jer, and though I didn't necessary need their blessings, I really wanted them to like the idea that I was with him and not Gabriel.

Gabriel was another issue I couldn't get rid of. He wouldn't stop blowing up my phone, and sending countless voicemail and texts and the irony was just enough to make me burst into laughter. But it wasn't funny, none of this was funny. It felt as if the universe was trying to play a joke on me or something and I didn't like it. The point was , I was with Jer, and no matter what I still felt for Gabriel, I had to move on like he had.

Gabby stared me down, as I ate my burger. "I hate this, man", she muttered. I ignored her and I chewed my food. "Have I told you I'm not in support of this already?", she asked. I swallowed the food in my mouth, so I wouldn't choke. "Yes, you have, and that would be like the hundredth time you've told me since it happened", I said. "Then why wouldn't you listen to me?", she asked. "Because I'm done listening, Gabby", she stared at me, and I sighed. "Gabby, you know I love you to the moon and back, but you've gotta stop. There's nothing between Gabriel and I, and I need you to understand that", I pleaded. Skyy sighed. "I get that, Jola. But don't you think you're rushing into this relationship so fast? I mean, I love Jer, he's my friend but I think you are using him as a rebound", she said.

"I've done nothing but support you both in everything, all I'm asking is that you do the same for me, is that too much to ask for?", I said, and I stared at both of them. "Hey", Jer said, as he put his tray down. He turned to me, and kissed me. I smiled as I granted him permission, full on making out in front of Gabby and Skyy, and pretty much everyone in the cafe. "Ugh", Gabby said, and gagged. I broke the kiss, and glared at her. "I missed you", Jer whispered in my ears. "You saw me yesterday", I told him. "Yeah, but I wish you were with me every second of the day", he said. "Yeah?", I smiled. "Hell, yeah", he replied, and I kissed him again.

"Wake me up when this nightmare is over", Gabby said. "Cousin", Jer sighed. Gabby glared at Jer, and I watched in awkward silence as they glared at each other. "Do you have something you wanna say to me?", he asked. "Yeah, lots", she said, still glaring at him. If only looks could kill, this would have been a totally different situation "Use your words now, cousin", Jer said. "Why are you doing this?", she asked. "Why am I doing what?", Jer asked. "You know exactly what I'm talking about. Why do you have to fall in love with every girl Gabriel loves?", she asked. My eyebrows shot up as I stared at them. What did she mean by that? "What are you trying to say?", he asked.

Gabby sighed. "You know Gabriel is in love with Jola, so why are you doing this?", she asked. "Gabby", I called. "I'm doing this because I'm in love with her. But of course you don't know that, all you do is take his side, every time", he glared at her. "You know that's not true", she said. "If he loves her, he wouldn't hurt her. Since she's been with him, he made her cry than he made her laugh. If that's love to you, then I think you gotta see a shrink or something", he said. "And what, you think you'll make her happy?", Gabby asked. "I'm right here guys", I said, but they ignored me. "I'm sure as hell doing a good work so far, aren't I?", he asked. "Love is not perfect. And yes, he has hurt her more times than I can count, but there's no doubt about it that he loves her", Gabby said. "Gabby", I called.