Chapter 4: The New Uniform

My back felt like a truck had hit it, multiple times. "Ah", I groaned, holding my head as I tried to sit up. "God", I breathed hard. My back hurts like hell. "She's awake", someone said. I looked up, one of the twins moved closer and helped me up. "Motherfucker", I cussed. "Language", Skyy said. I blinked, trying to clear my vision. Where was I?

"You're in the nurses' office", Starr said, a look of concern on her face. "What happened?", I asked. "Davina thought it would be funny to pour hot soup down your back", Starr fumed. "Who?", I asked. "One of Blair's clique", Skyy said. "I swear to God, if you hadn't stopped me Skyy, I would have teared off that ugly face right off her skin", Starr said, pacing. Skyy sighed. "You know why I had to stop you, Starr. Besides, I've got another way of payback", she smiled. They exchanged looks.

"Uh, why'd she do that though? My back feels like it was attacked my a sand paper", I moaned. "You know, I bet it was Blair who told her to do it", Starr said, ignoring me. She sat down "God, I just want to, gah", she said, standing up and resuming her pacing. "Relax sis. I don't know about you but when I wanna payback, I do it with class", Skyy said, still smiling.

"Uh, not to break whatever it is you guys are doing but how'd I get here in the first place?", I asked mortified. The thought of someone dragging or carrying my huge body scared and embarrassed the hell out of me. I wasn't sure said person would be alive in the first place. I also doubt he as okay after doing that. They cleared their throats and looked at anywhere else but me.

"Uh, its not like, uh, see", Starr muttered. I looked at Skyy. "Look, its not that uh, we didn't try", she mumbled. I killed someone, oh my God. Who in their right senses would volunteer to carry me in the first place? "He died, didn't he?", I said in horror, covering my mouth, as I saw myself in prison clothes. In that minute, my life flashed before my eyes. I can't go to prison, I haven't done anything with my life yet, I haven't been to anywhere. Hell, I haven't even had my first kiss.

Starr blinked. "What?", she asked. "The person that carried me here is dead cause of how heavy I am, right?", I asked. "Which means I killed him". I was expecting them to nod their head slowly while looking at me with pity. But their reactions left me gaping at them. I closed my eyes in embarrassment as I watched them laughing at me. Starr was sprawled on the floor, one leg on the bed, the other on the floor as she rolled laughing. Skyy was sliding down the chair she'd previously been sitting on, to meet Starr on the floor as both were laughing their heads off.

"Okay, so I'm going to-", someone said. opening the door. She stopped short at the sight before her. She looked at me, obviously the sane one out of us, eyebrow up as she stared at me questioningly. I shrugged, I was just as confused as she was. Judging by her clothing, she was the nurse. I peered at her tag which read Lucy. Lucy smiled. "This isn't weird at all", she said. Skyy cleared her throat before standing up, and maintaining a somewhat less embarrassing posture. She kicked Starr, who was still snickering and helped her up.

"Sorry, we were just laughing at what Jola said", Skyy said. Lucy nodded before going to her desk and writing down something. Skyy turned to me. "To answer your question",she paused. I rolled my eyes, finally. "No, he didn't die. Its Mr Williams, I mean, have you seen the guy?", she asked. "Mr who?", I asked. "He's teaches Music and he's as hot and ripped as they come", Skyy squealed. Lucy cleared her throat as she stared at Skyy.

Skyy looked away. "And its not like we didn't try carry you", Starr said, finally joining the land of the living. "We did", she finished. "Its just that", she paused, scratching her head and looking at Skyy for help. "We couldn't. God, it felt like we were trying to lift a building. No offense", Skyy finished. I nodded. "Believe me, none taken", I answered. I didn't blame them, not one bit.

"How long was I out?", I asked. Lucy came towards me, with a cream in hand. "Uh, 38 minutes, give or take", Starr replied, checking her wristwatch. Lucy opened the latched and asked me to raise my clothes a little bit up. "Why aren't you in class then", I asked. "We didn't wanna leave you alone", Skyy said. I nodded as I sighed in contentment as Lucy applied the cream, which soothed my burning back.