Chapter 11: The Confrontation

Gabriel's POV
I settled down in my Geography class, the man was late as usual. I smiled when a particular girl's image popped in my head, and I groaned playfully. I had no regret whatsoever showing her my hiding place, the only place that brought me comfort, my shack. When she talks about being ugly and shit, I get so pissed it was all I could do not to lash out. Jola was anything but ugly. She was beautiful, compassionate, selfless and the kindest person I've ever met.

Her smile, God, her smile made me swoon. Her teeth was perfect, just like every part of her was. She was just like her. I remembered staring at her in the library, her eyes was focused on what she was writing, her mouth grim, forehead creased as she tried to think. I shook my head, remembering how much I'd look like a stalker, just plainly staring at her. I had missed a class that day, but it was so worth it.

I beamed when I remembered our near kiss. God, with how much I was smiling, I was sure I looked like an idiot. Something was holding her back, I could tell. She wasn't ready, but that was okay by me. I would wait for her, no matter how much time that took, she was worth every second. I buried my face in my palm when another smile etched on my face, damn I have it bad.

"Evil twin", Gabriella greeted, before taking a seat beside me. I ruffled her hair. "Little sister", I said. She glared and huffed, and I smiled. She hated me calling her that, and since I loved annoying her, I loved calling her just that. I smiled wider when I saw her angry face, it was so cute, just like Jola. I beamed when at the mere mention of her, and Gabriella raised an eyebrow.

"Hi, can I seat here?", a girl asked. My smile dropped instantly, as I glared at her. She shrunk back at my stare. "No", I replied coldly. She squealed before running out of there. Gabriella punched me. "Ow", I frowned. She rolled her eyes. "Why were you so mean to that poor girl?", she asked. "I don't like people in my space", I said, shrugging. Gabriella sighed. "You don't like people doing a lot of things, including breathing. In fact, you hate everyone in general", she stated. "Exactly", I nodded. "Everyone except Jola", she added. I grinned, and Gabriella tsked. "Man, you have it bad", she said. "Speaking of", I groaned, knowing what she was gonna say next.

"Where did you take her? What did you guys do? Did you kiss? Did you-?", she wiggled her eyebrows, as she stared at me, when she asked the last question. "What in the hell?", I asked. Where did she get that idea from? When it came to Jola, I was very patient and though I wouldn't mind what she was suggesting, I'd like to be in a relationship with her first, taking it step by step. I blushed harder as her gaze didn't leave mine.

"Stop that", I said, referring to the eyebrows she won't stop wiggling, and the look she won't stop giving me. She didn't stop. "Let's settle down, please", Mr Griffin said, and I heaved a sigh of relief. I could kiss his ass right now at his timely intervention. Gabriella poked out her tongue at me, before turning away and I rolled my eyes. I didn't focus on a word Mr Griffin said, all I could think of was her, and my plan to ask her to be my muse for the Arts project.

Normally, I didn't give a shit about homework, but this one, I didn't mind, and I thanked Jessica once again. "See you next class", Mr Griffin said. I blinked, surprised the class was over already, since I didn't pay attention to it, the time went by quickly. Gabriella zeroed in on me, yet again. I groaned, just as she opened her mouth. "Gabriel, c'mon, you didn't answer my question", she said. This time, I poked my tongue at her, ignoring her. "Please", she said, giving me that puppy look she knows I always cave into. Believe me when I say no one could ignore Gabriella when she was being adamant. It was easier to indulge her if you wanna have a rest of mind.

I sighed. "Fine. I took her to-", I was interrupted. "Hi Gabriel", I scowled, as I turned to glare at the interruption, but I relaxed a little when I saw it was just Starr. She was one of the people I had grown to accommodate since Gabriella told me of how she and her sister had stood up for Jola when Blair tripped her. My mouth hardened, just at the thought of what happened. Blair was so lucky I wasn't around, and how Gabriella had calmed me down, assuring me that there was no need to deal with Blair since Starr and her sister had taken care of it, and Jola was okay.