Chapter 36: The Camping Trip

I let out an awful sound as I stretched my body and yawned. I scratched my forehead and glanced around the room. Packs and suitcases were packed courtesy of Skyy and Gabby. Really, with the amount of bags packed, one would think we were going on vacation for a year. I'd argued with the both of them that there really was no need to pack that much bags and we were going camping not Dubai. My argument had fallen through the cracks as they ignored me and acted like I wasn't there. When I saw how futile my efforts were, I'd left them alone to do whatever they wanted. Now, seeing the amount of bags packed, I wished I never left them.

Grabbing my phone, I shot a quick text to Jer. I have not seen him for a few days now and I missed him terribly. I sighed, and got out of bed. I cussed when I hit my leg on a bag. "Fuck, fuck", I said, as I grabbed my toe and rubbed it gently to soothe the throb. I was gonna kill both Gabby and Skyy. I got up to go look for her when I slipped and fell, hitting my head on the handle of a box. "Fucking shit", I muttered, and rubbed my forehead. How many fucking bags did those two pack for fuck's sake? I cussed again, as I felt the pain getting worse. I groaned, I was gonna kill them. I opened the door, and yelled, "Gabby fucking Brown".

I half walked, half limped to her bedroom, and I banged the door open. My angry eyes trailed her to where she was putting some things in her bag. "I swear, I didn't do anything", she said, when she saw me. "Gabby", I called, and I followed her. She took some steps back with her arms out, yelling at me to stop. "What did I do? I'm sorry, tell me, what did I do?", she asked, frantic. I gained up on her. "You know what the hell you did", I said. She groaned, as she avoided me. "I do not know, please. Stop, let's talk like adults, and see where we both went wrong", she said. I scoffed. "We?", I asked. "My bad. Me. Where I went wrong. Just calm down", she said.

"You wanna know what you did?", I asked and stopped following her. "If you would be so kind", she said, basically kissing my ass to curb my anger. "I told you we didn't need that many bags to go to a fucking camping trip, no?", I asked, and started moving again. "I told you we were not going on a vacation somewhere, so there was absolutely no reason to travel heavy, didn't I?", I asked, and she nodded vigorously. "But no, you and Skyy just had to fucking pack the whole house. So I woke up, got out of bed, and stubbed my toe!", I yelled, and showed her the proof. She snickered but cut it short and morphed it to a cough. "If you think that's all, then you got another thing coming", I packed my hair to a ponytail, and showed her the little bump on my forehead. "And just as I was about to get up, I hit my head on a suitcase!", I yelled.

This time, she didn't even bother hiding her laughter. I watched in horror as she laughed her head off, bordering on plain insanity, as she snorted, snickered, and made all sorts of sounds I couldn't even think of. I inhaled a deep breath to regain my sanity. She saw that, and stopped immediately. After counting one to ten, I realized I wasn't less mad. "Uh oh", she gulped. Uh oh is fucking right. I let out a wail, and I ran after her. "I am so sorry", she yelled, as she ran. "I'm gonna kill you Gabby", I yelled, as I ran after her still. "If you kill me, you know you'll miss me", she said. "I doubt that very much", I replied. I fell down when I ran into a hard chest. "Ow", I said, and grabbed my elbow in pain. I haven't even had more than a few hours of the day, and I was beginning to hate it.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there", Gabriel said. I scoffed. "Really? You didn't see me?", I glared at him. He smiled and held out his hand to me. I rolled my eyes and accepted his help. "You may not know this evil twin, but you pretty much saved my life", Gabby breathe hard, as she rested her arms on his shoulder trying to catch her breath. I fumed and she took steps back. "Come on, you can't be that mad at me, I'm sorry, alright", she said. "What did she do?", Gabriel asked. I turned to him, and showed him the bump on my head that was beginning to get even more swollen. He chuckled, and I gave him the look of death.