Chapter 47: The Christmas Eve

It was Christmas eve, and I smiled in anticipation. J barged into my room and beamed. "Merry Christmas, J!", she yelled. I jumped in excitement. "Merry Christmas!", I screamed and hugged her. "Wanna go annoy big brother?", she asked. "Please, is that a question?", I said, and we hopped, no kidding, to Dare's room.

He was talking to someone on the phone and was smiling. He didn't even notice us enter. "That's weird", J said. "Yeah, does he have a girlfriend or something?", I whispered. "I highly doubt that", she touched her chin and stared at him. "I mean, there's this girl that he always hangs with, but I thought they were just friends or something. I mean, she could do better", she said.

"What are you talking about? Dare will be a good boyfriend, I know that", I said. "How can you be so sure? Have you met our brother?", she asked and I rolled my eyes. "Hey, I can hear both of you, you know that right?", he said. J rolled her eyes and sat on the bed, Dare frowned immediately. "I'm surprised you could hear us, seeing as you were busy talking to your girlfriend", she teased. "Her name's Agatha, thank you", he said.

"You have a girlfriend? I mean I told J that must be your girlfriend you were talking to, but I didn't believe it myself for a second", I said. J scrunched up her face. "And her name is Agatha? What, how old is she, 60?", she asked, and I laughed. "Right, 'cause that's old people's name", I said. "Yeah, don't explain the joke, it won't be funny anymore", J giggled.

"Ha ha, very funny", he said, and we laughed our heads off. "You have done?", he asked. "Cool, now get out of my room", he said. "Chill big bro", J said and hit him on his arm. "We're just kidding, I'm sure she's a great person", I said. "Yeah, you'll get to know her soon", he smiled. "What do you mean?", J asked. "She's coming over for dinner tonight", he informed. "Dinner? What dinner?", I asked. "Dare and I talked about it, and we've come up with a great plan to convince Mum to have Christmas dinner", J said.

"What? That's great", I said. "Wait, is she the girl I always see you with? The tall, dark pretty model-like stature lady?", she described. "The very one", he nodded. "She really could do much better". "Hey, I'll have you know, I'm quite the catch", he smiled. "Ew", J said. "I can't wait to meet her", I smiled and hugged him. J yelled before jumping on us, and Dare grumbled and complained.

I stared at her. " I think our mission here is complete. Let's go to your room", I said. "Ciao big bro", she waved and banged the door behind her. I couldn't see his face but I knew he must be glaring at the door, and I chuckled. I jumped on J's bed and thought of something. "Hey, since Dare's bringing his girlfriend to introduce to the family, why don't you invite David over?", I asked.

She gasped and clapped her hands in excitement. "Jola, you are a genius", she said. I shrugged. "I've been told multiple times", I bragged. She brought out her laptop and face-timed David. "Hey", I heard his voice.

"Hi babe", she blushed, and I rolled my eyes. You'd think their relationship was new, but it was a year already and they still acted like a new couple. I knew she was in love with him though cause she looked at him the same way I look at Gabriel, and it was so obvious David was head over heels in love with her.

"I was wondering, do you have plans for today?", she asked. "No, was planning to stay in and eat or something. Why?", he asked. "You know how we've always joked about you meeting my parents?", she asked. "Yeah?", he prodded. "Well, what do you think about coming over for dinner tonight?", she crossed her fingers and stared at him.

"Well, I-", he stuttered and looked lost. "Well?", J prodded after moments of silence. "What am I gonna wear, what should I bring over? How should I act? This is all so mind-blowing", he said. I chuckled, and J smiled at him. "I think you'll do great, babe. You don't have to worry about anything", she said. "Yeah, until Mum eats him for dinner", I muttered, and David had his eyes wide open. "What?!", he yelled. "J", she scolded me. I laughed and raised my hand in surrender. She pointed at the door and gave me a stare. Catching her point, I chuckled, and left.