September 1, 2017 *

Author's POV

12:01 am

The members enter singing the Happy Birthday song. Jungkook is smiling and claps for their effort. He is presented a cake with candles and told to make his wish. He closes his eyes briefly with a small smile imagining what he really wants and then blows out his candles. The men cheer and start slapping his back. The scene is one that plays out for every member's special day.

After filming a v-live to celebrate with ARMY, Jungkook heads to his room. He had gotten some great gifts from the guys, including a Bluetooth speaker and a new pair of Timberlands... But he has something in his room that he's been saving to open today. It came in the mail 3 days ago, and the return address had his heart pounding.

Entering his bedroom and locking the door, he heads to his closet. He reaches with shaky hands to grab the shipping tube he put on the top shelf. He takes it to his bed, and looks at the beautiful handwriting on the label. He admires the cute little doodles of a birthday cake and balloons near his name. He doesn't want to rush this moment, so he runs his finger over the return address with a shy smile gracing his mouth.

After a few minutes of memorizing every detail of the label, he continues and gently cuts through the tape sealing the end. The butterflies in his stomach are crazy active, and he feels the sweat trickle from his hairline. He pries the end of the tube off, and finds his hands are now trembling. He takes some deep breaths to try and calm down before he proceeds.

He tried to look into the end of the tube like a telescope, but can't really see what is in there. With his shaking fingers, he reaches into the tube to feel papers around the outside. Is it some sort of poster? He continues to pull the papers towards the opening, and furrows his brow in confusion at seeing a colorful comic strip. He knows alot of comics, but he's never seen this one before.

Before he looks too closely at it, he notices a smaller paper with her beautiful penmanship, and takes it in his now vibrating hands. Laying it on his lap it curls on itself again after being in the tube for long. He's afraid to damage it, or the drawings because he's shaking and his palms are sweaty. He sets everything aside and goes into his bathroom to splash some water on his face, and tries to calm down.

A few minutes pass and Jungkook is feeling calmer so her heads back to his bed. Picking up the scroll like letter, he takes it to his desk and flattens it out to be able to read it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNGKOOK!

First, I want to tell you a long overdue 'thank you'. Thank you for the beautiful letter you sent me when I needed it most. It meant so much to me. I don't know how to explain the relief it gave me to know someone cared that much.

Now!! I hope this gift finds you in good humor. My friend helped me create the original comic "Elevator Boy" dedicated to you on your special day. I know we haven't gotten to know each other, and you seem to not like me much. I hope this will be a first step towards our new friendship.

Enjoy your birthday! Eat cake!!

With much affection!

Catherine

Jungkook struggled to translate the letter. He took his time so he could understand it. He didn't want to share this with anyone, so asking for help was not possible. It took him an hour, but he's finally able to understand what she wrote. He doesn't know what to feel right now. He's disappointed in himself that she believes he doesn't like her. And he's happy that she took the time to send him a present.

Turning his focus to the comic strip, he releases the letter and it curls up immediately. He can't help but chuckle and think how he'll have to find a way to press it to keep it flat. He picks up the rolled up comic and lays it on his desk. Unrolling it, he instantly smiles at the colorful cartoon. He focuses on the pictures, knowing the words will take time.

The first cell shows a representation of himself with a cape and the letters EB on his cartoon chest. Continuing to the next cell a laugh escapes seeing the elevator doors open with cartoon Catherine being surrounded by demon suitcases. Cell after cell, his smile increases. The last cell shows his cartoon alter ego carrying cartoon Catherine bridal style to safety.

He focuses on that cell with a smile plastered on his face. He runs his finger over the image of the girl in his arms. He looks through all the cells again, and laughs at the silliness. Noone has ever done something like this for him before. He feels his heart throbbing at how much he feels for her, even though they have never had a full conversation.

Hours have passed and Jungkook is still looking at the comic. He wishes it didn't represent him as a 'boy' though. Does she see him as immature? He wants her to see him as a man. If she doesn't, he'll never have a chance...
Stop thinking that Jungkook! She's Hobi hyung's girlfriend!

Around 4 a.m. he finally decides he needs to get some sleep. He puts the comic back into the tube, but keeps the letter between 2 books. After their schedule he'll take the comic to a shop to have it framed. Still thinking about Catherine, and her thoughtful gift, he drifts into sleep.

Catherine's POV

I watched the v-live of the members celebrating Jungkook. This is the first time I've watched a live video of them and it makes me smile. I understand absolutely NOTHING they are saying, but it doesn't matter. The joy they project is fun to watch in any language. I can see the brotherhood they share that I find touching. Having 4 brothers that I rarely see after our parents passed, I know how special this bond they share is.

I wonder if my package to Jungkook has been delivered. I haven't told Hobi about the gift, so I can't ask him. I don't really know why I haven't told him about it... I guess if Jungkook wants to share it, he will. Then I'll deal with the issues if any come up. I just felt that after the letter that helped me so much, this was the least I could do. I just hope he likes it.

_________________________________________

Thank you for reading! I appreciate you all!!

STAY SAFE!!

STAY HEALTHY!!

WEAR A MASK!!

**MASKS ARE SEXY!!**