May 16, 2017 *

Catherine's POV

2 more days... 2 days until Bridget and I will be picked up and taken by limo to the airport to meet Halsey and get on a plane to Las Vegas. To say I am excited is an understatement. But there is an undertone of nerves that I can't shake. The last 3 weeks have been some of the happiest since my parents died. Bridget and I shopped for the trip together, which was so fun. She always makes me smile. I know that I make her worried for me since I am not as happy as I was when we first met. But I make an effort to try for her since I could not ask for a better friend in this life. She has been with me for my happiest and saddest moments. I hope that I can be there for her if she ever needs me.

We're currently sitting in salon chairs with foil in our hair and taking dumb pictures of each other. Beauty requires us to look like complete morons for the time it takes to do the color. I think if I laugh any harder I may get sick. Next we are scheduled for a manicure and pedicures, then I'm treating her to a massage. I need to calm down for real! I'm going to meet and hang out with Halsey!! How is this MY life?

 I need to calm down for real! I'm going to meet and hang out with Halsey!! How is this MY life?

Bridget's POV

She's doing it again. She's burying her pain and pretending that nothing is wrong. All we talk about is the trip, and that's fine, but there is something that she is hiding and I know it. It started the weekend after she won the contest. Her boyfriend came back and she was so excited to tell him about her luck. They had a date that Saturday, and when I saw her on Sunday she was quiet and didn't talk much at all. The next day she said she didn't think she wanted to go on the trip anymore. I couldn't believe my ears... something must have happened with her boyfriend, but she's not talking. I have never liked him and it's no secret, but I try to be civil to him for her sake. I just know that he did or said something that day...

I managed to convince her that the trip was going to be so fun, and we needed to go because it would have been completely unfair to the other fans who entered and didn't win if we didn't show up. She agreed and got back to being excited and enjoying the shopping and everything else. She has been writing in her journal every day, and has decided she will try to post on SNS about her experience for fans who couldn't be there. That's the Catherine I know! She is so giving and always thinking of others before herself.

Jacob's POV

I can't believe this. I'm finally home, and can see my girlfriend, and she tells me she is going to fly off on some dumb trip with that angsty female pop singer she listens to. I know she is excited, but she is NEVER here when I'm around. That stupid friend of hers gets in the way all the time. I hate her so much. I don't even try to get along with her anymore. When Catherine told me she won the contest, I was so upset since it will take her away for almost a full week, and when she gets back I'll be leaving again. Is it selfish to want to see my girlfriend? Maybe... but I don't care. I tried to explain that to her, and she said she would maybe not go. Then she talked to that friend of hers and decided that she had to go "for her". Fine... you go Catherine... hang out with your dumb friend, and I'll hang out with my friends and have my own fun. Don't come crying to me when that friend takes advantage of you, as all your other friends do. I know she is just with you for your money.

Catherine's POV

What a fun day! We got the full treatment. Hair, nails, massage... It's been ages since we've done this together. Now we are heading out for a drink or two. I haven't been to the bar in forever. We used to go all the time, but then Jacob got mad. He doesn't like it when I go without him because he thinks guys will hit on me. Even if they do, I would never entertain the offer, so I'm not sure what he's so worried about. I just don't want to argue with him about it, so I don't usually go against his request. But today was too fun, and I don't want to go home yet since Jake is out with his friends. A couple of drinks will be the perfect end to this amazing day!

Walking into the bar, I see a bunch of my friends. I'm so happy to hang with them for a couple hours. Ashley, Jess, Samantha, and Josh. Those 4, with me and B, used to hang out every weekend. It's like a great reunion! I hop over to them and hug them all! They are all so excited for Bridget and I going on the trip to Vegas. We order a round and make ourselves comfortable at our usual table in the corner. The bar is crowded for a Tuesday, but that makes it more fun. People watching, and laughing at other drunk people, is always a great time.

Jacob's POV

GOD DAMN! There SHE is... Emily... She is one of the hottest girls from our university. I smirk remembering that I've heard she likes me too. I turn to my friend Matt and tell him that I want to hit that. Through laughter he asks why I don't just bang my girlfriend... I roll my eyes and tell him that although my girl has amazing oral skills, she still won't let me fuck her. She is waiting until she knows it's "forever"... Matt starts laughing so hard that he slides off the seat. He can't believe my bad luck. My girl Catherine is beautiful. NO, she's HOT and SEXY AF... but it's a waste since she won't go past letting me put my cock in her mouth. So if I want to get my dick wet, I'm going to get Emily to let me fuck her... Look out Em... I'm coming for you!

Bridget's POV

I can't believe she agreed to come to the bar with me. She usually makes "the Jake excuse". Today we've had so much fun though, and I'm glad she wants to hang out with me and get some drinks. She's a really cute/ funny drunk. We never get out of hand any more, but back in Freshman year, we used to be pretty wild. I miss those days. Just our group of friends throwing back drinks, dancing, and maybe hooking up. Cath was never one to really hook up though. She said she was saving "it" for the man who steals her heart. She has done everything BUT the actual deed, and that keeps the men happy enough. I'm not sure her boyfriend is satisfied though. She's made some comments about him wanting to "go all the way" and she thinks that it might be the time. I hope she doesn't. He's NOT the one. I've just been waiting for her to realize it.

After 1/2 hour and a couple drinks, I see HIM but Cath hasn't noticed yet. I'm watching him, and can't believe he is doing this... That slut Emily is all over him, and he's grinding on her like they're in a private room. If his tongue goes any further down her throat, she'll die. I watch him grope her breast, and she palms his dick... Jesus! GET A ROOM!!! I'm so nervous that Catherine will see them. I don't want her to hurt like that. As much as I hate him, this is not how she should find out... in public, surrounded by people... "B... what's wrong?" she asked me. SHIT... She starts to follow the killing glare I am sending, and then she sees what I was looking at, and I know she is destroyed... I should have taken her out of there when I first noticed... What was I thinking?!?

Catherine's POV

"Jacob?" I breathed his name out... How could he do this? And with that nasty slut Emily! I feel my eyes prickling and I know I am going to cry... I try to breathe and pull the tears back. Then I'm in motion... I grab my drink and march over to them and they don't even see me coming because they are so wrapped up in their public display of nastiness. I throw my full drink on them, and scream at Jake "WE'RE DONE! ENJOY THE WELL USED PUSSY ON THAT SLUT AND DON'T EVER SHOW ME YOUR FACE AGAIN!!!" And then I run! I run from the bar, and down the sidewalk before the tears can overwhelm me. I hear Bridget yelling for me to stop, but I don't. I just keep running. I have to get as far away as I can...

Bridget's POV

I'm chasing after my friend, and can't keep up. Catherine is fast! She used to run track and has the stamina that I lack. I lose her after a mile and then I hear my phone ringing. I look at the caller ID... "MOM". What now? Picking up the phone, I hear my mother crying... "Bridget... it's your Dad..." and I dropped my phone.

__________

Thanks to anyone reading! Hope you enjoy it so far. Don't worry... Bangtan will be coming up soon. ;)

Special thanks to @Taethecrisis and @mochijiminie101 for being my first readers! And thank you @MBC205 for just being a friend and an inspiration!

Everyone - STAY HEALTHY!! STAY SAFE! WEAR A MASK!