58: The Special Moment

Hazel

The sun was beginning to set with the evening upon us. Joey and I sat at the edge of the cliff with the small waterfall directly underneath us. While watching the sunset, it felt like there was an artist in the sky. Like damn, this sunset was amazingly beautiful with the perfect mix of blue, orange, and red. So many pictures were taken as the two of us wanted something for our cover photo on Facebook. If Austin had amazing sunsets like this every night, I couldn't imagine what the next four years were going to be like. My heart leaped at the thought. I couldn't wait.

"You hungry?" asked Joey who's stomach began to grumble.

"I'm fine right now. I could definitely eat when we get back to the campsite. Do we have anything for s'mores?" My stomach had an unbelievable craving for the messy snack.

"No, we don't. We just have left of what's in the cooler. Maybe we can do a little bonfire tomorrow night once we get to campus. Hell, we can invite our roommates and get to know them."

"Yeah, I really hope my roommate isn't a bitch." I couldn't help but sigh. "I wish Amber could be my roommate. She'd be the perfect roommate. Hopefully, my roommate is like Amber."

"What if your roommate is a lesbian and she confesses her undying love for you?"

What the hell kind of a question was that? A lesbian roommate? Even if my roommate was a lesbian, no lesbian would ever fall for a girl like me. Without an initial verbal response, my finger poked the boy's shoulder with a chuckle. "If my roommate is a lesbian, I'll invite you over to watch." Kill me. Did I really say that? I couldn't help it.

"Oh, I can't wait. I'll make sure to bring the camera."

The air between us grew quiet and our eyes were on the sunset that was moments away from being gone. With what light was left, Joey pulled out his Fake ID and began looking at it.

"Can you believe I called myself McKiss?" he asked with his view still on the card. "Damn, I was really stupid. Like what the hell was I thinking?"

"You were stupid?" my voice jokingly asked. "I don't know, not much has changed."

With a grin, the boy smirked and put the card on his lap. "Who's the greater idiot. The idiot? Or the idiot that follows him?"

"Well, in this case, you're the one that hitchhiked with me. That means you followed me."

"True," he continued to smirk like an idiot. "Guess that makes me really damn stupid."

We both found ourselves in laughter for about a minute until we caught our breath. Joey picked up his card again and gave it a serious look for the next minute. Those eyes of his were completely lost in that card. Why was he looking at it so much? What was this boy doing? In the most astonishing move, Joey used his arms and gave that card a good throw far into the water as if were a rock to skip over the water. My whole body stopped production at what just happened. Did the card really get thrown into the water? What was supposed to happen next?

"I'm done being McKiss. When we get to Austin, I'll get a new Fake ID, but I'll cut down on my drinking."

Wow. Like wow. There were no words. He actually gave up on his fake ID. This actually happened. This was quite a moment. Because of that, something about Joey seemed different. In my presence before me, was a man and not a boy. Perhaps it was time to stop thinking of him as a boy. Being in the sight of a true man, what was left of this sunset didn't matter. My eyes had seen enough of it anyway.

The growing night sky worked well against his skin. Without realization my hand placed itself on the rock we sat on. I don't think Joey realized that he also followed suit and placed his on top of mine. Our fingers began playing with each other. The sight of his manly face had me biting my lips and wishing that my sunglasses weren't left in the tent. My heart began to blush a little. It was a glorious moment. Neither of us had to say anything? We were simply lost in each other's sight. Nothing else matter. This had to last forever.

"You're beautiful," he complimented.

While not really knowing how to respond to that, I spoke and said what I could. "So are you."

Oh, shit what was happening. I didn't know. Did I really want to know? Who cares? This is a wondrous instant to be stuck in. A moment with the person I wanted to be near.

"Hey Hazel?" he asked with a tone that sounded serious?" I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure I responded. "Can I kiss you?"

My brain was going wild at the question this man just asked me. Kiss me? He wanted to kiss me. Oh crap. My heart was racing. He wanted to kiss me. My lips. My mouth. My tongue. My entire body began to shake at the very thought that I could kiss him.

"Yes," was my almost whispered response.

It became apparent that Joey was just as nervous as I was. My fingers could feel his fingers tremble. Somehow, my ears could feel his loud heartbeat. This moment began to feel like an eternity. Why hadn't he kissed me yet?

Boom! The event that was anticipated had finally happened. His lips met mine. With both our eyes closed, our lips began moving. Who would've guessed how amazingly soft those lips could feel? Once we finished, our eyes opened and we both blushed. In response, I pecked my man back. Things began to grow heated until a strong force led us to fall into the water. We were fine and uninjured. It didn't matter. I knew that Joey felt for me as I felt for him. Shit, what kind of road trip was this?

Finally! The moment we've all been waiting for! lol. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Remember to comment and vote!

Have you ever had a special first kiss?

How do you feel about their kiss?