54: Dirty Hands

Hazel

Something about Texas felt different compared to California, Arizona, and New Mexico. I could boldly say that without seeing much of the state, that this was the most beautiful state that I had been to. The greenery of Texas was beyond unbelievable. And I was definitely loving the gas prices. A girl could get used to this.

After church, I ended up back in the driver's seat with Joey being the passenger. With complete control, we were listening to a Dave Ramsey Podcast that I had heard before. Of course, it was a new podcast for Joey. Obviously, he needed to hear it. While the boy sat there listening to it, I grew lost in my thoughts. My thoughts were mostly at what the preacher said in his sermon.

"The truth of God has set you free," claimed the preacher who walked around the stage talking. "Most people don't even realize it as they are too blind to even see it. Some of you haven't bothered as well. Some of you are blind. So what do we do if the truth has set us free?" That was a good question. He just stood there as if someone was going to answer. "We don't ignore it. We take advantage of our freedom. We're not going to let anyone else control the lives that lead us to a life of misery and despair."

It was a damn good sermon. It caused me to realize that I had spent my entire life as a blind girl. My eyes couldn't see what was in front of me both spiritually and physically. Something in me hoped that I understood that sermon the way it was meant to be understood.

While I had blind eyes, I seemed to have a bitchy stomach that complained that it was hungry. Damn, I really didn't want to stop anywhere unless it was for gas. Thank goodness for all those snacks Joey bought. The boy's cooler was sitting in the back while he sat there unexpectedly sleeping.

The last thing I wanted to do was wake the boy up. The car was pulled over which allowed me to dig through the cooler. No, my stomach wasn't craving Munchies. The thing it really wanted was Cheetos. Yes, the very snack that makes your own damn fingers dirty. Crap, out of all things, it had to be this?

Not only were my fingers going to get dirty, but the steering wheel and whatever else I touched. Was it worth it to actually eat an entire bag of Cheetos? Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to stop somewhere for lunch. In the end, the decision was made to have Cheetos. Once that choice was made, it was back to driving. Somehow Joey slept through all that noise.

After opening the bag, it was simply nothing but a hot orange mess before me. Once my hand reached in the bag, there would be no going back. With my first reach into the bag, my fingers grabbed the first Cheeto and it quickly went into my mouth to be chewed and swallowed. My thumb was a little orange, but it wasn't too bad yet. A couple more bag entries and my fingers began to have serious orange. At first, I tried to wipe it off with the help of my pants. That wasn't going to do the trick, unfortunately. If anything, it was going to stain my pants. Crap, why do they let snacks be so messy? Oh well. The only answer was to have more Cheetos.

Eventually, half of the bag was empty. My fingers were completely orange at this point. A chuckle escaped from my mouth. For some reason, this was a little funny. How had I allowed this to happen? Maybe it wasn't all that bad. Without much thought, my tongue began licking my thumb and soon to be followed by other fingers. Thank goodness, Joey was still asleep. I wouldn't be caught dead doing this in front of anyone. All this licking felt empowering. It was as if I were in control. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing to dirty the steering wheel. At the end of the day, it's just a damn wheel.

"What's happening?" asked Joey in a groggy state as he woke up from his nap. "Are we in Austin yet?"

"Nope, not yet," I calmly replied putting an end to the licking that was going on.

After about a minute of Joey looking around his surroundings, the boy noticed a bag of Cheetos next to me. His eyes widened at this very sight. I'm sure he would've never expected me to be eating a bag of Cheetos. Naturally, a smile took over his face.

"So, you're finally eating a bag of Cheetos, are you?"

"Shut up." A smile soon left me in response to Joey.

"I'm so glad that I bought the bag now. You know, I was hoping that this would happen. I thought to myself, hmm I hope Hazel would be willing to have nothing but Cheetos."

"Well, I guess your master plan worked. Are you going to have some or not? I don't think I can eat the rest. It's a little too much."

Without any hesitation, the boy reached for the bag and grabbed a handful of the orange treat, and slid them onto his tongue. The boy allowed himself to chew with his mouth open and make loud saliva-like noises moving those eating muscles around. Clearly, he was trying to annoy me. There was no shyness went it came to making noises that sounded like moaning. That soon followed by some serious licking of his fingers and another handful of Cheetos. Shit, he got his germs in the bag. There was no way I would be able to ever get more if I wanted some.

But the memories of all the touching we did at the pool came back to me. Maybe getting his germs wasn't that bad of a thing considering that he put his arm around me at the Grand Canyon. And who could forget all the potentially nasty stuff I wanted to do to that boy? More Cheetos! Just like him, I grabbed a handful of Cheetos and ate them exactly the way Joey ate them. For a good moment, all we could do was laugh as we tried to outdo ourselves to the sound of moaning. Eventually, the bag was completely empty. Was there another bag we could race through? My stomach was feeling a little full. Maybe it wouldn't be wise.

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to comment and vote!

How do you feel about Hazel chewing like Joey?