36: Ballroom Blitz

Hazel

With just a moment before sliding into Amber's car, my sister rolled into the parking lot and wasted no second in getting out with the keys still in the ignition. Damn, she was as hot as ever with a cowboy hat, boots, a plaid shirt, and ripped blue jeans. I could only imagine what would happen if we weren't sisters. Amber's full attention was also on my sister. Stepping out of the car, a loud country song that I was unfamiliar with blasted on the radio. Out of her pocket came out a toy cowboy gun which led her to shoot and blow out of the pretend smoke coming out of the gun.

"Who's your friend?" she asked.

Never would I have expected to see my sister dressed as a cowgirl. It caught me off guard.

"Yeah, this is Amber. Amber this is my sister Hannah." They both shook with greetings.

Amber agreed that we would all hop into my sister's car. As long as we got to the police station, I didn't care. But there was still one question that still lingered. What was Amber doing here and how did she know where I was? Hopefully, this would get answered soon.

Joey

Phillip unlocked the jail cell and instructed me to get out. He also let the old man lying on the floor to also get out. Without hesitation, he stood up and walked out with me. We left the passed-out guy in the cell. None of us cared enough to wake the dude up.

"Phillip, what the hell is going on? Like why the hell are you in New Mexico? Weren't you arrested for a DUI?"

"Dude, just shut up for right now. I'll answer all your questions later. Right now we have to worry about getting out of here. At the moment, there about five cops hanging out at the police station. There isn't much to worry about when we walk out of the door. And considering I'm dressed as one of them, it shouldn't be too hard." He pointed to the door that led into the police station. Amber should be here at any moment. And when she gets here, she'll give us a ride out of here. Make sense?"

The old man and I nodded in understanding. Something inside me doubted that this would be a simple walkout. And damn, my thoughts couldn't have been more right. In what nobody expected, there was a group of about ten cops gathered around a computer screen looking and howling at cat videos on YouTube. McDowell was among those cops. With Phillip at my side, we focused on the gathering of law enforcement and also the exit door. According to Phillip, there were a couple of cops that would call BS on him. His cover would be blown. How the hell were we going to get out of here?

"Hey ya cops!" shouted the old man who apparently moved to another part of the room. All eyes were on him. "Which one of ya cops is the dirty cheatin' whore? Most of ya look like one."

"How the hell did he get out of the cell?" asked one of the cops.

With no fear, the old man kicked the asking cop in the groin leaving him to fall to the floor and scream and pain.

"Who the hell is this guy?" asked one of the cops who immediately caught notice of Phillip's bs. The man knew that my buddy wasn't a real officer. My throat began to hurt.

With a gun now in the hands of the old man, he began shooting aimlessly across the room leaving the police to be in havoc. But he didn't care. All he could do was laugh. Holes were all over the walls. And one of the bullets took a hit against the radio box causing the volume to get loud.

"Oh yeah! It was like lightning.

Everybody was fighting.

And the music was soothing.

And they all started grooving."

Phillip and I gave each other a look. We knew what this song was. 'Ballroom Blitz.' My heart began racing and my blood began bumping. All my face could do was bop and my knuckles began doing the cracking. My luck got better seeing a gun slide next to me. Picking it up, I was ready.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah-yeah.

And the man in the back said everyone attack.

And it turned into a ballroom blitz."

Phillip instructed me to shoot wherever I could and not worry about the perfect aim. Boom! My fingers made a shot. Boom! Again. An officer dodged both of my shots. Within seconds we all found ourselves in a large circle. Boom! More shots, but not from me. Crack! A window blasted. Phillip found himself wrestling with one of the officers. Boom! Another shot from me. Officer down.

"Ya a cop killer now?" asked McDowell who showed up from behind.

Turning around, he attempted to punch me. Swoosh! My body was bent. The guy missed. There were several more attempts. Another attempt. This time successful. My stomach was in pain. My gun on the floor. In no time, McDowell had me in a chokehold.

"Ya boy, I was gonna release ya sorry ass from jail on Monday. The judge actually agreed to see ya." An evil chuckle left his evil mouth. "But ya causing a damn ruckus now." Breathing was growing difficult. A tear left my eye. It couldn't end like this. "And if you think ya were getting off with a slap on the wrist, ya best be thinking again. Either I kill ya now or ya get life in prison."   

Wham! A plastic toy gun hit McDowell's forehead which let him fall to the floor. I was out of the chokehold. And right before me was Hazel, Amber, and some random cowgirl. What the hell? At that moment, I had to scratch my head. That's all that I could do.

"What the hell are you doing standing there?" screamed Hazel who took my grip and dragged me out of the building. Once out of the building, tear gas began spreading throughout the station. This was an all-out war. Phillip and the old dude made their way of the place. Shots were still being fired. All six of us got into the cowgirl's car and sped off.

This was quite a chapter! I certainly had a lot of fun writing it. Thanks for reading! Remember to comment and vote!

How would you escape out of jail?

Do you think Joey and Phillip could've made it out without the help of the old man?

Any theories why Phillip was dressed as a cop?