57: McKinney Falls

Joey

According to my research, McKinney Falls looked like a great place to spend the night. Hell, it looked like a great place to spend the day. And how lucky were we for Phillip and Amber to donate their tent to us? With a wink, Phillip claimed it would come in handy. Was it possible that he was right? Once we got there, we paid the fee to spend the night there at one of the campsites. Once it was paid for, we quickly found a campsite and set up our tent.

With it being late afternoon, the sun had yet to go down. We still had plenty of time to enjoy where we were. And damn, the campsite was breathtaking. It was your average campsite, but this place had the most amazing greenery my eyes had ever witnessed. Part of me wished I could live here forever.

Technically, we were already in Austin. I guess you could say we'd be here for the next four years. To say the least, this place was quiet and peaceful. Nobody could ever find us here. Not my idiot old man and certainly not Ryan. With our camp set up, we decided to take a walk. Simply together, the two of us.

During our walk, Hazel spotted a deer and did her best not to freak out. Instructing her to be silent, I grabbed her hand without realizing it and we began slowly creeping up towards the deer. This was literally our first time to ever see a deer. This deer was majestic with so much grace and beauty. My heart was at peace to see this. 

Quietly, I got my phone out and got a picture of the deer. Looking at the picture taken, my pupils began watering. Damn, this was definitely going on Instagram. Hazel let go out of my grip and tried to get closer to the deer. To my shock, the deer didn't notice us. Somehow she was lucky enough to give it a touch before it freaked out and ran off. Oh well.

With the deer gone, we continued along the trail and I said a little silent prayer thanking God that Hazel was by my side on this trail.

"I'm so glad we decided to spend the night here and not in Austin," claimed Hazel who was amazed by everything to stood before her.

"You do realize that we're in Austin right?"

She gave no response and took a deep breath. There was no need for a response and I didn't care. Eventually, we reached Upper McKinney Falls. The area was surrounded by white rocks, a small waterfall, and water at the bottom. This was a great jumping spot. And there were a few other people there who agreed. These people seemed happy and filled with so much laughter. They were having a good time and enjoyed themselves. Once Hazel saw where we were, she stripped into her bikini and jumped into the water. With my swimming suit already on, I took off my shirt and found Hazel at the bottom.

"Come on Joey!" she shouted. "Jump in! Don't be a pussy!"

Jokingly flipping her off, my body made a jump and landed close to her. In response, she laughed. Once the laughing died, we reached the shallow end and our right hands connected and we both smiled. Damn, she looked amazing when she was wet in the water. Too amazing. There was nobody else I wanted to be with that evening and I'm sure she felt the same way. Licking and biting her lips, her body moved closer to mine. There was nothing separating our skin. My body began heating at this fact. Bang! A frisbee hit my head. Whatever moment we were having was ruined by that damn frisbee.

"Sorry guys," apologized what looked like a college-age guy with blonde hair and sunglasses on.

"It's no problem man," the frisbee was returned to him. With the frisbee in his grip, it was accidentally dropped and the sunglasses went off. It was like he had seen a ghost. "Whoa, aren't you Joey Garcia? Dude, I've heard so much about you."

"What do you mean you've heard about me?"

"Dude, as if you didn't know? You're a legend at the University of Texas in Austin. The basketball team is literally excited to have you. They're counting down the days until they get to meet you."

This all caught me by surprise. They were excited to have me? There was no way I was that good at basketball, but yet I was already the hottest thing on campus.

"Oh, I hadn't realized that. Do you go to Austin? What year are you in?"

"Oh dude, I'm going to be a junior. My name's Perry. Perry Whitmore." We both shook after he gave his greeting. "And who's this lucky lady?" His eyes were on Hazel who found herself blushing.

"Hazel. Hazel Perez," she announced as they gave each other a fist bump.

Damn, this guy was well-toned. If I wasn't careful he could steal Hazel away from me even though I didn't have her yet. This guy must be popular with all the ladies. It was almost a little intimidating.

"Babe, what the hell are you doing with the frisbee?" asked a fit-looking Asian girl who took it away from him.

"Babe," responded Perry. "You remember hearing about Joey Garcia? Well, guess who's right in front of us?"

She too dropped the frisbee and almost lost what balance she had. "No shit, the Joey Garcia?" She began chuckling. "I can't believe it. He's actually here." We introduced ourselves. Her name was Olivia Warner. Olivia was introduced to Hazel.

"You guys friends?" she asked giving her a thumb a little bite. We both responded with a yes. "Hm, that's how it always starts. As friends."

For the next hour, we hung out and tossed around the frisbee. After that hour, the two of them left leaving us there. We wanted to spend more time at that location at least for a couple more hours.

Thanks for reading! Only 3 chapters left! Are you excited? Don't forget to comment and vote!

Can you believe Joey is a legend?

What do you think will happen in the next chapter?