12: What Happens in Vegas

Joey

I remember when Phillip almost convinced me to come to Vegas for St. Patrick's Day. It was a tempting offer, but my old man would've whipped my ass with his drunk fists. After seeing the MGM Grand Hotel, I realized that I should've. The building was green. Freakin' green. Even though we weren't able to come here, we had quite a party for St. Patrick. Walking in the building didn't feel as special, but it still felt pretty cool. 

"You ready to win big?" I asked Hazel.

Within a split second, my eyes spotted a poker table. This was it. This was the moment. Everything that Phillip had taught me all came down to tonight. Maybe it was a miracle that the car broke down. Maybe. Hazel followed me to the poker table. She had no interest in playing and wanted to watch. If only Phillip could have taught her.

"When we get to Austin, I'm going to teach you every night how to play poker," I stated with an evil grin.

"It's only fair considering I taught you math and science." She chuckled biting her lips with her face blushing. In a strange moment, she began straightening my suit and gave me a quick peck on the cheeks. "Kick everyone's ass." Her lips gave another quick peck on the opposite cheek. Her radiant skin caught my sight.

With my body tingling with an incredibly numb head and certain parts of my body getting hard, I had to take a deep breath and take a seat at the table. It was me against six old men. One of them looked strangely familiar. This strangely familiar-looking man gave me a look. Here goes nothing. Where the hell was the alcohol when you desperately needed it?

Hazel

After about five minutes of watching the boys play poker, my mouth began yawning a couple of times. The second time was longer than the first time. At that moment, it occurred to me that I didn't have a pencil on me. Nor did I have my sunglasses. My fingers desperately wanted to tap on a pencil. My teeth desperately wanted to chew on glasses. Maybe there was a pencil nearby. With Joey completely focused on the game, I walked away from the table in search of a pencil. Even a pen would work. This hotel would most likely have a pen.

"Win a thousand dollars!" shouted a man with a microphone. "Step right up and enter this shot contest. All you have to do is be the first one to finish all one hundred shots of tequila and you win a thousand dollars! Step right up folks! We start in less than five minutes!"

A contest taking shots involving more than the money needed to fix my car? It was a dream come true. It was fate. I had to enter this contest. Walking up to the table, my brain realized one thing. My taste buds had never experienced a drop of alcohol and I still felt uncomfortable around it. What the hell was I doing? Where was Amber when I needed her? Forget poker, Joey should be in this contest. With him here, we could be back in Kingman before dawn.

"We all ready?" asked the man.

All twenty of us were ready and the man gave us the green light. In front of me, sat one hundred potential shots of tequila. Damn, I had to take a hundred of these shots? Everyone else around me was already in the groove. They were quick. I could be too. Slowly picking up the first glass, my pupils glanced at the foreign drink. With the glass getting closer to my mouth, my arms began trembling. My stomach found itself in pain. And several times, my tongue began licking my lips. Sweat began leaving my body. How the hell was I going to win at this point? It wouldn't be possible if I didn't take my first shot. All I had to do was take the first one. Why was this so hard? It didn't have to be. It didn't. Closing my eyes and inhaling as hard as I could, the liquid went inside of my mouth. The feel of this liquid felt weird on my tongue almost making me want to vomit.

"Son of a bitch!" I shouted realizing this drink was crap and spit it out. Only ninety-nine left to go. And the first one laid on the floor. Oh well. So much for the money. Maybe Joey was having better luck.

"We have a winner!" announced the man.

To my surprise, it occurred to me who the winner was. It was none other than Ryan. What the hell was he doing here in Vegas? Was there a way I could take his money? Walking up to him, he was caught off guard.

"Hazel, what are you doing in Vegas? We're you part of this drinking contest?"

"Oh yeah, I was trying to win some money. My car broke down and everything. Long story. Anyway, shouldn't you be in Austin or something? Didn't you have a scholarship?" This weird and unexpected moment had me feeling strange. It was unclear what I was actually saying.

"I was going to Austin, but I got cold feet. Instead, I decided to go into the family business with daddy. But you know, it's cool seeing you here. I was looking forward to being in Austin with you and the other guys." A weird silence came between us for a brief moment. "Hey, about we go to my hotel room and hang out a little?"

Go to his hotel room? Couldn't we just go to eat somewhere? About to decline his offer, my sight picked up on something. The money he won was in his right pocket. Seeing the money in his pocket, I accepted his invitation to his room. Seeming pleased, he let out a small smile and walked me to his room. Before we made it to his room, my eyes noticed a gun in his left pocket. Holy crap! A gun? Why did he have a gun? Where was his dad? It didn't matter. I needed to get that money at all costs. Whatever it took. Walking into that room, I almost felt like a millionaire.

"You still like watching Nickelodeon?" he asked turning on the television while sitting on the bed. Patting his palm on the bed, he signaled for me to come to sit with him.

"Uh, no. The last time I actually watched Nickelodeon, I was twelve."

Barely listening to me, he went straight to Netflix. "I don't know. I kind of still like Nickelodeon. But I do love me some Stranger Things. That show is legit.

"Yeah, I saw the first season. It was fine." My body grew closer to him in hopes of getting the money.

He chuckled a bit and turned off the television only to directly look at me. "There's nothing good on Netflix." He took a quick pause. "You know, I wish I could've had you as a tutor. Do you realize how damn beautiful you are? Joey was a lucky son of a bitch. That idiot is lucky to have a scholarship." Laughter came out of his mouth with his palm touching the skin of my arm and reaching to my shoulder.

My lungs started having a hard time finding air to breathe. Part of me wanted to release tears. All I wanted was the money. This was too weird as his fingers began reaching my neck and going down.

With quick thinking ignoring my conscience, my arms grabbed him and our lips met. Damn, we were kissing. In the heat of the moment, he pushed me against the bed. With the lip action continuing, his hands reached my waist and they slowly moved up to my boobs. The skin of my cleavage was being felt. In response, I used all my force to push him against the bed and unzipped his pants only to reach between his legs and soothingly rubbed what was between them only for him to loudly moan. Damn, it got hard within seconds. After a few moans, he was back on top of me and slowly kissed my cleavage. This was literally the weirdest thing ever. The boy also smelt somewhat strange. 

"Let's get this dress off of you," he commanded while pulling down his pants and knocking off his shoes.

Oh my! Hope everything is fine with Hazel. We'll have to wait and see. Thanks for reading. Remember to comment and vote.

Have you ever taken any shots?

Is Joey going to win any money?

Will Hazel be able to steal the money from Ryan?

Is Ryan actually going to get his way with Hazel?