42: Hangover

Hazel

I found myself awake next to my car laying on a blanket without a shirt on. Thankfully, my bra was still on. The sun was already up making it seem like the day had started several hours ago. Was the morning already over? Several seconds after waking up, my head immediately began throbbing like nobody's business. Shit, the pain my head was feeling was beyond indescribable. It was like someone had drilled a nail through my brain. In fact, it felt like several drills had been drilled. At any moment, my brain was going to explode or pop out of my head. What the hell was going on?

"Advil!" I shouted. "Damn it, where's the Advil! I need it now!"

Amber quickly responded and brought me a couple of pills and a large water bottle. She instructed me to drink as much water as possible. With all the pain being experienced, it was hard to make out what she was actually saying. With the water in my grasp, it dawned on me just how dehydrated I felt. It was like my mouth had experienced a three days journey through a scorching desert.

After taking the pills and gulping the entire bottle of water, my body found a seat on the hood of my car. Taking a few breaths, my stomach began to feel nauseous. The urge the throw up became real. With that urge, sitting down felt impossible. In response, I went back to lying down on the blanket that I had awoken from.

"Hazel, you're awake," stated Joey who walked up with Phillip with a large pan. What the hell was in that pan? "Phillip and I cooked breakfast this morning. We cooked up a storm of pancakes. Saved you about forty of them."

"Pancakes?" I responded while still lying down with my eyes closed. There was less pain and less sickness with them closed. It would have to be like this for the rest of my life. "That's a shitload of carbs. You trying to make me fat?"

"Trust me, you need a lot of carbs right now," stated Joey who took a pancake out of the pan and sat next to me. "After a hangover, carbs is one of the best cures. It's always important to load up with as much as possible. Why do you think college students develop beer bellies?"

The last thing that I wanted was pancakes. Maybe if I laid down long enough, Joey would go away and let me die in my spot. But that didn't happen. Instead, he put the pancake back in the pan and forced me to sit up. Once my butt was sitting, he handed me a pancake to eat.

"Take a bite, Hazel." Phillip, Amber, and now my sister were together watching me. "Take one bite."

Looking at the rounded piece of carb made me want to puke more. Was this what it felt like to be pregnant? Maybe being a virgin for the rest of my life wouldn't be a bad idea. Without another thought, my mouth took the liberty to let out the waste in my body. Thankfully, Amber had a trashcan ready for me. Once the puke was out, there was some relief for my body. A pancake didn't seem as bad as it did a minute ago.

With no hesitation, the pancake was taken from Joey. Seconds later, my mouth took the first bite of the fluffy breakfast treat. My tongue loved the way the fluffiness felt as it felt like Heaven. There were even a few chocolate chips in this pancake. In less than a minute with my mouth fully opened, the fluffy bread was chewed and swallowed.

"Can I get another pancake?" Hell, I was down to eat about ten more.

"Yeah, here you go?" He handed me a couple more. One of them looked like it was loaded with chocolate chips.

After quickly eating the two that were handed to me, more was being demanded. Once I got to the tenth pancake, things began to slow down. I took my time with the eleventh pancake. Slowly eating, Joey took the time to share a few words with me. The other three began cleaning up camp and got ready to leave.

"How much beer did you have last night?" He began eating a pancake himself.

"I think about three. There was a Corona next to you last night. There were also a couple of Bud Lights that my sister left next to me in the car."

"Three? You got drunk off of three beers?" So much shock came out of the boy. "Girl, you really need to learn how to hold in your alcohol. But I guess some people have been known to get drunk off of one beer."

"Well, we can't all be like you. How much do you usually get drunk off of?"

It depends on what it is. If it's something like beer, maybe about ten cans. But with enough practice, you can be just like me, and maybe someday it could take more than ten beers for you."

"Yeah, that'll be the day. As if I want to live through any more of these damn hangovers. I honestly don't know how you live through these hangovers."

Joey's only response was a chuckle while chewing on another pancake with his mouth wide open. Not wanting to be a hypocrite, no words about his chewing were said. Part of me found it a little funny. Maybe chewing with your mouth open wasn't that bad of a thing. The two of us just sat there eating as many pancakes as we could.

There were a couple of times throughout the duration of our eating when we caught a couple of glimpses of each other and simply smiled. All of this lasted a good half hour until my stomach began to feel a little better. Of course, my body was not used to eating this much before. Hopefully, I wouldn't end up gaining fifty pounds. Once all the pancakes were gone, Joey stood up and helped me up as well.

"Amber invited us to hang out in her dorm tonight. You down for a visit?" asked Joey who rubbed against his stomach and let out a couple of burps.

That actually didn't sound so bad. When I found out where Amber was going to go to school, there was a part of me that wondered if I would actually ever see her again. Anxiety would sometimes take over and lead me to believe that our paths would never cross again.

"Yeah, I'm down for that. Could be fun. A little sleepover. Would Phillip be there?"

"The more the merrier."

You all down to hang at Amber's dorm? Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!

Do you like pancakes?

Should Hazel try drinking again?

Does being at Amber's dorm sound fun?