3 • Black

Bronos Langley Angecy

Rushing inside, almost spilling Brittney coffee. I am not even sure how I turned into her coffee girl but somehow I did. Hopefully at some point I become more than that, because this is not it at all.

I mean that would be ideal, because I am the only black person here. I heard so many great things about here, and how he hired all these black people. Lies, I am the only one. Then the only plus size woman as well.

Makes me feel even more insecure. I always get told oh your pretty for a black girl. Or for a fat girl, your hair is so nice for a black girl. Like I get it, being fat equals ugly and unattractive.

"Sorry, I am late the line was crazy" I laughed walking into Brittney office.

"Next time go earlier, I order the same thing everyday" she says in annoyance with me. "You could use the walk."

"Sure ma'am" I replied.

"Is my client here?" She asked. "Jamal Hill?"

"Yes ma'am, I will send him right in" I said.

"Thanks. I also want you here taking notes" she said; I just nodded because I was excited.

I walked out of her office and into the waiting area where Jamal was sitting with his wife.

"You guys can follow me" I said.

"Thanks" he said.

"At least one of us works her baby" his wife said making me smile.

"We need Robyn back these niggas messing up my money. They lost David Brown to Robyn, she has her own company now."

I remember hearing Mr. Langley brag about how he got David Brown eighty-five million for three years.

"Here is Jamal Hill and his wife. Ms..." Britney cut me off and Jamal and his wife just looked over at me and I just smiled at them.

"Okay have a seat and take notes" she said; his wife raised her eye brows.

"So, I am so glad you made it Jamal and Jamal wife" Brittney smiled.

"Me and my husband are separate people my name is Torain" she snapped back.

"Good to know, now Jamal. I have managed to get you a deal for thirteen million over three years" she said.