46 • Mine

Home

Home

I was sitting in the tub, with bubbles and a glass of old cherry wine. I was a little tipsy and feeling good. I was so proud of my bestfriend for not fighting with those two bozos. I am so proud of her.

"Hello?" I quickly answered my phone as I was getting out of the tub.

"It's Koba."

"It's late, what's going on? Who's numbet is this?"

"Police station, I was arrested...."

"Do not say drinking and driving."

"Yes, but I haven't had a drink in years, I am positive of that. They didn't even do a test, they claim I was speeding, and shit now this. All these people here are like white and shit. I am not safe here."

"I will call your lawyer and Robyn I will be up there."

"Thank you, see you soon."

I got dressed barley even drying off. I called his lawyer this white lady Cynthia. She was pissed off. I started dialing Robyn. But stopped because I shouldn't have to call her to solve this right?

Or should I because of his history and the media will be all over this. And this is her brand, her company.

"Hola, mami?" Mario said sounding like he was wide awake.

"Koba was arrested on a DUI should I call Robyn or wait?"

"Fucking kidding me?"

"No, I am not, not at all. I don't want to not call her and..."

"You better call her girl, call her right now. I will call her lawyer and Scarlett."

"Why Scarlett?"

"She is PR, girl." He hung up and I did not want to call Robyn, she plays no games.

"Hello?" She picked up on the first ring.

"Sorry to call, Koba was arrested on a DUI, he swears he is innocent?"

"Where is he?"

"Still at the po...."

"Which one?"

"Oh..." I didn't even fucking ask.

"It's okay, Violet. Does he share his location with you?"