5 • Trust

Parents Home

Parents Home

Me and Logan had our very first fight last night. It was over him working so much at that place. We never had been in a fight, he never yelled at me, or vice versa.

I finally told my parents what happened with the house and ranch. I lost my job, but I have a interview as a cleaning worker tomorrow. I hope that works out.

"Mom, you don't have to."

She had given me money for the hotel room. We aren't staying with her because they have a one bedroom apartment. I have too many kids.

"I want to help as much as I can baby girl. Your father said he will see if he could get a loan in the morning."

"Oh, no mom no. I have an interview tomorrow, we can get through this. I will pay you guys every cent back" I said.

"You don't have to pay us back, I promise" she hugged me.

The front door opened to Logan with all the kids coming in.

"Hi babies I missed you guys..."

"I can't get new school shoes but you spent fucking money for your nails?" Clover screamed at me.

"What?" I stood up.

"I look a mess everyday at school and noone cares."

"Don't you ever raise your fucking voice at me Clover Khouri. I will knock your teeth out your damn mouth. How dare you? We work our asses off for you, day in day out. These are press on nails from the dollar tree store. I am your mother."

"I hate you, I hate my life" she ran out the front door.

"I swear..." my mom grabbed my hand.

"She is upset, it's only going to make it worse. Let her breath" she said.

I never cursed at her, or even threatened to hit her. I know we are going through a lot but she does not need to speak to me like that.

Motel

Clover is staying at my parents place for the rest of the week. I feel like a horrible mother.

"I got food" Logan said.

"Thanks daddy" Clementine said.

"I had tried calling you where did you take them?"

"To see my sister, she said we could stay there long as we needed."