36 • Love Thyself

Swim Competition

Swim Competition

Today is Kristina's first meet, she is on the road to the joining the Olympic team. She has to get ready for the usa trails.

"Thanks for coming to support."

"Your welcome," London said. "Nothing like a good swim meet. I miss being an athlete, I loved basketball."

You could say we are working things out. Not necessarily talking on that level but we are fine right now.

"How come you don't? Just because of the surgery on your knees?"

"Yeah, I had to had both of them replaced. It's cool, I like cooking and I'll just stick to that for now."

"You do a good job at that," I said.

"I try thank you, thank you."

The sounder went off and the swim meet started for Kristina.

Kristina didn't win anything and she is highly disappointed at herself. She competed in high diving, freestyle, and back stroke, she was exceptional. But she is not happy.

"She going to be okay?" I asked Robyn, she was also here with Mario for Kristina.

"Yes, she is an athlete. She knows you can't win everything. She will train harder you need to find her a coach."

"You know any?" I asked.

"Girl, that is the one thing I know nothing about in this industry is swim." she laughed.

She seems happier than the last few days.

"Wow, I know something you don't."

"Oh, hush. But Kristina will be fine. There are other races she will crush. Athletes don't like losing, she will come back even better. I know it."

"Yes, I do to."

"I am glad you and someone is talking." She pointed to London talking with Mario.

I might add Robyn ignored her the entire time.

"Yeah, I apologized and then she apologized. We talked like adults, which is helpful, thank you for the advice also."

"Absolutely, we all know that you have been through a lot, we all were and are just trying to let you know you are safe around us. We like you for you," she poked my stomach making me laugh.