Shattered Part II - Prologue

Eliza's POV

Opening the door to the conference I see family and friends around the room and on the table is a congratulations balloon.

What is going on here?

Kat walks over to me with my daughter, Aspen in her arms. She gives me my daughter and says. "Thanks for letting me take her out today. She had a nap with Luna when we returned from the park."

A smile spreads across my face. "You're welcome. I hope she was good?"

"She was. Seb and I even stopped at the ice cream shop and got the girls something."

Of course, my sister would do that. She's paying me back for all the times that I gave sugar to all her kids and returned them to her hyped up.

As I walk further into the room I notice space opens up and a hot guy walks through them. He stops in front of me and kisses my head. "How's my favourite girl?"

"I'm good." Moving into his arms I ask. "Why are we at the vineyard tonight?"

He kneels on one knee and holds a box out. "Eliza Donoghue. From the first moment I saw you, you took my breath away. I waited for the right moment to ask you out and I was surprised when you said 'yes.' Getting to know you this year and a half has been a dream come true. Having Aspen apart of my life too has been a blessing and I wouldn't change anything about this life. Will you marry me?"

"No," shaking my head I look over at my sister, Kat. "Can you please take, Aspen?"

 "Can you please take, Aspen?"