Shattered Part II - 54

Chad's POV

After lunch, I take our dishes into the kitchen and clean them, before placing them into the dishwasher. I turn the dishwasher on, before walking over to Eliza who's sitting on the bed. Talking with her mother. She looks at me and I say. "Mom bought some stuff for you. That way you're not bored while being on bed rest. I'll get them now." I walk out the door, leaving her with her mother.

While I'm at the car I see Mrs Donoghue make her way over to the house. I pick up the plastic bag and my laptop.

I have a feeling that I won't be leaving for the office this afternoon.

Grabbing everything I need I head back to the pool house, as I enter the room I see the bed empty. I turn towards the bathroom as the door opens I put the laptop on the nightstand and the plastic bag on the floor. Moving over to Eliza I scoop her into my arms and carry her over to the bed. "You should have waited for me to come back."

She places her hands on my face. "Chad, I'm not an invalid. I can walk myself. A little stretch of my legs won't kill the baby or me. Just let me do some stuff alone. Like using the toilet."

Picking up the bag I carry it over to Eliza and place it on the bed next to her "All of this is for you."

She opens the bag and looks at everything in it. The camera captures her attention and she pulls it out. Turning it around she sees that she can use it right now and starts taking pictures of the room. Aiming the camera in my direction she starts taking pictures of me.

In the first picture I'm smiling, then after that, I start posing for her. Flexing my arms. I even untuck my shirt, showing my abs off to her. Her breath slightly hitches as she continues to take pictures.

After fifteen minutes, of her taking pictures I take the camera from Eliza. "You need to get some rest. You're mother told me that you have been watching some TV."

Eliza tries to get comfy in bed. She moves around a couple of times before she looks over at me and says. "I can't fall asleep. You need to climb in."

Climbing into bed with Eliza. She curls into my side and closes her eyes. While she's asleep I grab my laptop and put it on my knees. I start the computer and call Kat.

The screen is blank until Kat accepts the call. She smiles at the screen and says. "You're not coming back to the office today are you?"

Looking at the woman asleep next to me I say. "No, it looks like she can sleep better when I'm with her. Who knew that could happen to me?"

A smile spreads across her face. "I knew it would happen. You just had to meet the right woman. All those other ones were wrong for you. On a serious note, you can't have the day off tomorrow as you're in and out of meetings all day. If you spend the night with her you should go over the things that you want to concentrate on at each meeting. I'll bring your notes home with me." she looks away for a moment as Brooke talks to her. "Also, Brooke needs to talk to you about something. I'll give you two a moment." Kat moves away from the computer.

Brooke takes the vacated seat next to me. She looks at the camera and says. "I had a few other people that want you to call them back. It's about some properties that you've been leasing to a few companies."

"Can you e-mail me all the messages I got today? I'll return the calls and get everything sorted out with them."

"Yes, sir." She stands up and moves away from the desk.

Eliza shifts in my arms and she looks at me. "Who was that woman? Is she your new secretary?"

Looking down at Eliza I say. "She's a floating secretary. She goes to whatever department needs her that day. Brooke's taking over your job until you come back to work for me."